Attention SleepyHead Mac Users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Crist

Re: Attention SleepyHead Mac Users

Post by Crist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:23 am

Thanks so much Jedimark for all your work on SleepyHead

As a Mac user and AirSense owner I'm especially appreciative and I encourage everyone who uses Sleepyhead to make a donation if at all possible to help Jedimark continue his work. I know I would have happily paid for this software so was more than happy to give a little.

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:51 pm

jedimark

Sorry to bother you. I can only imagine how busy you are.

2 questions

1) Do I need anything else besides Sleepyhead to use with the CMS50i? I think i need something called SPO2? Or does this Oximeter run independently on Sleephyead?

I just received this about a month ago. Ordered it from AliExpress and when it got here I realized it was for Windows.
On my desk her I have 2 macbook pros on stands........only one is a bit older with a DVD rom drive. The other is an air/no drive

I paid $800 for a Samsung laptop brand new 10 months ago. I only say $800 so as to explain that its a pretty good laptop and so one could imagine the screen quality. i bought it simply to keep my fingers in Windows as macs are too easy and I can't tinker as i can on windows PLUS to synch one of my phones a Samsung Note 3 but i used it once, HATED the quality of the screen and forgot that was why I went to mac in the first place, truly superior screens-cant compare SO WHEN I JUST GOT that notification yesterday, 2 of them on each machine, I had just, 2 seconds earlier, looked at this Oximeter for the first time. The first and only time in a month i have had time.
I just finished reading that i needed SPO2 and figured I had no other choice but to run it through the samsung laptop.
Was dreading that WHEN your notifications both popped up
The timing was just superb!!!

2) If you have a donation page/link/url/etc please post!

Thank you in advance for all you have done and a special thanks for unwittingly making a very busy life less crazy..thank you

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Gotta say I am really loving this new version. So many new additions to it that make it even much easier to read than before.
I haven't yet done the oximeter thing with it but may try tonight. So i can't yet see if it works for me on this version without problems or not but will soon find out.

In any event, found the donation page through the help button in the software itself and although i only donated $23 at this point in time, hopefully it all helps and my mentioning it here will spur others to do the same....

I now am off to figure out how to actually use this oximeter although in all honesty, now I have it, I don't really think i needed it. Im exceptionally healthy except for 2 things that haven't anything to do with age and are being taken care of so, I think I might have pushed the button on buying this about 1-2 decades sooner than I needed

But.......not sure yet if I need other software as well called SPO2 or some similar name or can just import into Sleepyhead but will figure this out unless someone else on a mac using this software version knows the answer and cares to offer it up.

Thanks though, fabulous software..............personally since you aren't charging for it, this isn't Adobe Photoshop or the large company behind it.......people should be donating money if they are using it.

Edit:

Not a mathematician but much more technically advanced then the average for what its worth but in saying so, I have to offer that I am yet to come across any bugs, any problems.
Ive used it on 2 macbook pros I have, the latest OSX on one and 10.7.5 on the second...........Haven't yet used it on the samsung which is windows......not sure if i will but at least on the macs it runs perfectly...not a problem yet at least that i have discovered.......

 5k 27" Retina iMac,

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:12 pm

ShelaghDB wrote:Gotta say I am really loving this new version. So many new additions to it that make it even much easier to read than before.
I haven't yet done the oximeter thing with it but may try tonight. So i can't yet see if it works for me on this version without problems or not but will soon find out.

In any event, found the donation page through the help button in the software itself and although i only donated $23 at this point in time, hopefully it all helps and my mentioning it here will spur others to do the same....

I now am off to figure out how to actually use this oximeter although in all honesty, now I have it, I don't really think i needed it. Im exceptionally healthy except for 2 things that haven't anything to do with age and are being taken care of so, I think I might have pushed the button on buying this about 1-2 decades sooner than I needed

But.......not sure yet if I need other software as well called SPO2 or some similar name or can just import into Sleepyhead but will figure this out unless someone else on a mac using this software version knows the answer and cares to offer it up.

Thanks though, fabulous software..............personally since you aren't charging for it, this isn't Adobe Photoshop or the large company behind it.......people should be donating money if they are using it.

Edit:

Not a mathematician but much more technically advanced then the average for what its worth but in saying so, I have to offer that I am yet to come across any bugs, any problems.
Ive used it on 2 macbook pros I have, the latest OSX on one and 10.7.5 on the second...........Haven't yet used it on the samsung which is windows......not sure if i will but at least on the macs it runs perfectly...not a problem yet at least that i have discovered.......
Hi ShelaghDB,

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply to your last post, but I must have closed the browser by accident before I finished.. I do that an awful lot

You will need this on the mac, which is a (kExt) driver for the serial port module used by Contec CMS50 oximeters
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip

Once you have this installed (and possibly rebooted, I'm not sure if it needs to), make sure the option is selected with CMS50I (the first one) in the oximetery wizard.

Make sure your oximeter is connected via USB and switched on, then simply click on the top button that says "Import directly from a recording on the device".

SleepyHead will pop up a session selection screen where you can pick which session you want to import.

After your session finishes importing, SleepyHead will pop up a screen asking where you want to put it.. you can either accept the time from the oximeters clock, or select a CPAP session to attach it to.

If you are attaching to a CPAP session, remember that in SleepyHead, by default, days go from noon to noon, so a sleep starts the day before. if it doesn't show any CPAP sessions you just imported, you may have to jump a day back and forth in the calendar.. this is a known bug I haven't had time to sort out yet.

Good luck!

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi ShelaghDB,

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply to your last post, but I must have closed the browser by accident before I finished.. I do that an awful lot
But no need to apologize. Last night was the first time I have had a chance to get back to this forum anyhow.
But you just saved me some at least an hours browsing and reading so I am very grateful.

Just bought the much hyped geek phone One Plus One. Now if only i could get it on there, id be stoked.......

Thanks again /goes off to set it up...

http://time.com/3006267/oneplus-one-rev ... of-dreams/

 5k 27" Retina iMac,

bdz

Post by bdz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Glad I found this link as I need to add my Thanks to the ones above. It has been a life saver for me as so many things are going on with masks etc.
Thank you!
I am now one very happy camper, I mean sleeper!

Additional Comments: Luckily the Oracle is not flimsy. Bought several. Thanks to JDS74, I have lots of inner flaps.
Peace begins with each of us as individuals