Attention SleepyHead Mac Users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

Attention SleepyHead Mac Users

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 am

A new "Testing" build is available for Apple Mac users.
Emphasis on the "Testing", if this concerns you, you may want to wait for the upcoming official beta, or at least until more experienced users play with it first..

You can find it, and all future 0.9.8 test builds available on the sleepfiles/SH site:

http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Sorry Windows users, you'll have to wait a few more days.. I still have some Qt5 platform stability issues that need working around.
But keep an eye on the site above for builds for your platform.

Backup your SleepyHeadData directory first (in your Documents folder by default), because once you upgrade, you can't go backwards!

You will have to reimport your CPAP data. If you haven't got backups, and your CPAP SDcard has lost data, you will not have your complete machine history. (ResMed users should be in luck, as earlier versions of SleepyHead had an automatic backup feature)

A data-card backup system is now in place for all supported CPAP machines, which will assist greatly with upgrading to future versions.

New Features/Machine Support/etc
AirSense 10 users, YES, this should work well, but I haven't seen enough test data to know if the importer is perfect yet.
Contec CMS50 users, YES, your new CMS50F/I/H models should work provided you have the Silicons Labs UART driver installed. (Note that CMS50H has not even been tested... Feedback would be appreciated.)
ResMed and PRS1 users in particular will find loads of bug fixes in this build.. A large chunk of both importers have been rewriten since 0.9.6
Major graphing overhaul? Your gonna love the new changes. Don't forget to try Right clicking on the yaxis/graph title areas...
PRS1 Oximetery users, maybe.. support for the oximetry module is brand new.. still a lot to do to get it perfect.

PRS1 1160 AVAPS machine users, sorry, not yet.. I need SDCard .zip's along with matching Encore .pdf's to get these working.

Anyway, good luck, and may the source be with you

Mark

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

cathyf

Re: Attention SleepyHead Mac Users

Post by cathyf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:01 am

jedimark wrote:You will have to reimport your CPAP data. If you haven't got backups, and your CPAP SDcard has lost data, you will not have your complete machine history.

Should there be TimeMachine backups of the data for mac users? (EVERYone uses TimeMachine to regularly back up their macs, right? Right?? RIGHT?!?) Are there instructions somewhere as to how to retrieve the data files from inside the TimeMachine?

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:21 am

cathyf wrote:
jedimark wrote:You will have to reimport your CPAP data. If you haven't got backups, and your CPAP SDcard has lost data, you will not have your complete machine history.

Should there be TimeMachine backups of the data for mac users? (EVERYone uses TimeMachine to regularly back up their macs, right? Right?? RIGHT?!?) Are there instructions somewhere as to how to retrieve the data files from inside the TimeMachine?

Well, that's one way of doing it..

Just remember bad things will probably happen if you try opening the upgraded SleepyHead folder in an old version of SleepyHead..

From this version forward, SleepyHead will automatically back up your SD card for you each time you import, so in future, SleepyHead will automatically "Rebuild CPAP Data", which regenerates it's database fresh from these backups when trying a new version. It was a lot of work getting SleepyHead up to this stage, but it was well worth the effort

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 am

Is this one compatible with Yosemite? Thanks for all you do BTW, SH is awesome and I use it almost every morning to check my data.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 am

Hi - I've taken note of all you said, may or may not DL something, but want to thank you for having done it all - it's so nice to see someone do this for Mac users for a change, especially as you didn't have to do anything.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 am

englandsf wrote:Is this one compatible with Yosemite? Thanks for all you do BTW, SH is awesome and I use it almost every morning to check my data.
I have absolutely NO idea.. care to try it and report back?

It is built with the new XCode.. so in theory, it should work.. but I might need to create a version uses a different build Target..

Currently the minimum target version is set to OSX 10.6.8.. and yosemite may or may not barf because of that.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:18 am

No problem, I have yet to switch to Yosemite on my main machine anyway.

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:27 am

Sorry, this is a double post, (posted in "what parts of sleepyhead report should I turn off") but I just realized that it is probably more appropriate here:

I just downloaded the new Mac version of Sleepyhead: SleepyHead v0.9.8-0 (testing) and there are 2 things I can't find.

I must be missing something, but for the life of me, I can't find the old preference for turning off unwanted graphs. One is, how to turn off graphs in daily view that I don't want (like snore, tidal volume, AHI etc.). I tried clicking off (and then on) the different things under Events and waveforms but that doesn't seem to work. The other question is: I don't see the setting for type of mask used anymore. Do we just find the leak rate for our own mask and then set that in the "flag leaks over threshold" under CPAP? If so, do I set the intentional mask leak rate, or where the high total leak rate would be (Phillips machine)?

I think this version will be great when I figure it out!

Thanks Jedimark for all your hard work!!

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:00 pm

jagzoo wrote:Sorry, this is a double post, (posted in "what parts of sleepyhead report should I turn off") but I just realized that it is probably more appropriate here:

I just downloaded the new Mac version of Sleepyhead: SleepyHead v0.9.8-0 (testing) and there are 2 things I can't find.

I must be missing something, but for the life of me, I can't find the old preference for turning off unwanted graphs. One is, how to turn off graphs in daily view that I don't want (like snore, tidal volume, AHI etc.). I tried clicking off (and then on) the different things under Events and waveforms but that doesn't seem to work. The other question is: I don't see the setting for type of mask used anymore. Do we just find the leak rate for our own mask and then set that in the "flag leaks over threshold" under CPAP? If so, do I set the intentional mask leak rate, or where the high total leak rate would be (Phillips machine)?

I think this version will be great when I figure it out!

Thanks Jedimark for all your hard work!!
The combo box down the bottom right side of daily view, where it says "Event Flags", still pops open with switches to turn graphs on and off... they old ones in preferences were linked to exactly the same place.

The mask settings were never actually connected to anything.. they was a note in the preferences pages saying it didn't work.. It wasn't used by the unintentional leaks calculations..

Unintentional leaks work via a analysing Total Leaks to find a baseline for each pressure, and subtracting the generated baseline from the total leaks.. (Encore software and ResMed machines work in a similar way)

My current code has got a bug that still needs fixing, where consistently bad leaks causes it to screw it up it's baseline calculations.

To properly solve this, I need to make it look at more history data and include some failsafes to sense when the algorithm fails to get a valid baseline.

If you are having problems with too much massive leaks, you can now turn off the extra plot on PRS1 in the new right click menu and just work off the machine detected total leaks for now.

All that cruft mask code was removed because it was confusing people as to how things work.

The flag leaks over threshold mainly affects ResMed/ICON users.. On PRS1, this flagging doesn't happen, because machine detected Large Leak flags are already available.

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Great, Thanks Jedimark!

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:39 pm

YES, your new CMS50F/I/H models should work provided you have the Silicons Labs UART driver installed.

I need to be sure i am reading this correctly... ( if you only knew how spooky it is to read this and how spooky it was to get it when I did popping up in both my macs notification areas within seconds apart from one another )

the CMS50i WILL work with Macs now? (fantastic)

more importantly, the Silicon Labs UART driver is confusing me?!!!
Obviously this driver is meant for Windows, correct?
Or am I confusing this and you mean on the mac with Windows vis a vis VMware???

Thanks Jedi.
BTW, Id be more than happy to donate to the cause. (will look when i d/l if you have a button to do south;
I spent a great deal of time with a good friend of mine, SteveG who programmed G-Spot, a movie codec software that helped to turn the tables for movie codecs and I KNOW how much work went into it we chatted daily back in the XP MSN Chat days. It never ended.
So THANK You very much for all your hard work.I will look tomorrow to see if you have something set up for that?

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 pm

ShelaghDB wrote:I need to be sure i am reading this correctly... ( if you only knew how spooky it is to read this and how spooky it was to get it when I did popping up in both my macs notification areas within seconds apart from one another )

the CMS50i WILL work with Macs now? (fantastic)

more importantly, the Silicon Labs UART driver is confusing me?!!!
Obviously this driver is meant for Windows, correct?
Or am I confusing this and you mean on the mac with Windows vis a vis VMware???
Yes the new CMS50I models, (and IW, via USB cable) indeedy does work natively in the new version of SleepyHead on the Mac.. no VM's or other yucky bits are needed.. it even handles multiple sessions

But Mac's need drivers too.. You need the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers (kExt) installed so SleepyHead can access the devices serial port.
These are available for from here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx

Here is a direct link to the Mac driver http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip

Simply unzip, and run the installer.. it might ask you to reboot, i can't remember.

jdr999

Post by jdr999 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Awesome!

I was able to successfully import my old SP02 Assistant files

Not sure if it's related but I now have the ResMed oximeter (in addition to importing the CMS50F files from last year) and am showing two identical "SD" and "PC" columns in my Events Flag and summary. Have you tested it with multiple devices?

Also, I'd kill for a batch import for 1+ years worth of SP02 files.

All in all, awesome job so far!

Thanks,
Joe

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 pm

jdr999 wrote:Also, I'd kill for a batch import for 1+ years worth of SP02 files.
donations would probably be more effective, although, I don't know if he's got any enemies he really wants to get rid of...

I don't think I've annoyed him THAT much... yet.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 am

A couple of glitches I've found and fixed since making this build:

Trying to run an old version after upgrading will accidentally destroy the list of machines and neither will show any data.. (DON'T DO IT!)
PRS1 machines with model numbers not ending in a P (eg, 461CA) will not import correctly.
4x0P Pro models are incorrectly show as Plus models.. (this was just a silly typo, real Plus models are not data capable)
It was incorrectly showing EPR settings for VPAP modes in RX changes list

@jdr999: I agree, it would be nice, but not all SPO2 files record timestamps correctly. Even if those files with broken timestamps were ignored, data imported en-masse would still not be synced very well. Plus there is the issue arising from the Oximeters clock not being set correctly.
I will eventually come up with something to do this, but the interface will need to do quite a bit of nagging and double checking to prevent bulk import from screwing up..

I think first I need to add the ability back to resync oximeter session starting times... I might make it generic session move feature, so CPAP sessions where you were in another timezone can be moved too.