how to change the passwords for encorepor2 2.12 version

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kshemamed

how to change the passwords for encorepor2 2.12 version

Post by kshemamed » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 am

hi

i wanted to change the pasword for encorepro2 2.12 version software , due to the wrong entrie of password the software is blocked , i have formated the system and reinstalled the encorepro2 2.12 version, but it is of no use , i am not able to find any opption to chage a pasword or to creat the pasword. need help

Pugsy

Re: how to change the passwords for encorepor2 2.12 version

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 am

You are screwed. Respironics won't give us the secret password and code to reset the software after we get locked out.
That's one of the reasons I hate Pro. If you mess up 3 times in a row with the password or log in ID it locks you out.
You should be able to uninstall it and start over but sometimes the uninstall leaves bits and pieces laying around that still creates a problem.
I don't know what you mean when you said you "formatted" the system....but if that means total cleaning of your computer then the reinstall should have worked.
Normal procedure is for once you install it and you open it for the first time is that it will tell you that password has expired and prompt you for a new password.

password is password1
it then says that password has expired and prompt you only once for the new password. I used password2 to make it easy to remember.
Once in Encore I went and changed the 90 day expiration date for passwords to "never" so that I didn't have to worry about it again.

If you do all this and it still won't let you in how about simply using EncoreBasic? It offers the exact same reports but doesn't have all the log in ID and password crap to mess with. Send me a private message if you want more information on EncoreBasic.
Trust me...you lose nothing but the hassle and headaches that come with Pro.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 am

Pugsy wrote:You are screwed.
Very blunt but accurate...Pugsy is right. If you run Encore Pro 2, like I sometimes do, you REALLY have to be careful when logging in and with the passwords. There's a bunch of other stuff you have to remember if you are using a laptop's small screen - not to mention the steep learning curve to get the data layout to make sense. Best to use Sleepyhead if you can.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Pugsy wrote:if that means total cleaning of your computer then the reinstall should have worked.
Unless the same ID and password were used. Use the ID and password recommended above by Pugsy for the initial logon or just use Sleepyhead.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 pm

FWIW...I have messed up Pro and had to do the reinstall thing...been there done that and it only took me one time to figure out "don't do that again stupid" and that's why I tell people about the 3 strikes and you are locked out of Pro...stop 2 with 2 failed attempts and close Pro...then reopen to try again. Don't risk that 3rd strike.
There is supposed to be a script for editing the registry to remove the password lock thing but I don't know how to do it so I can't explain how to do it. People have done it but they had computer skills way beyond mine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

And yet more reasons why...

Sorry, that was pretty sappy. I just had to do it
BTW, for a long time Sleepyhead didn't work with PR ASV machines, now it does, tho there's no auto-install build. I'm not up to date if it works with the latest machine versions just released.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:21 pm

I don't know what machine the OP here might be using. For all I know it might be pre System One machine and SleepyHead won't work.

I get requests for software from M series users all the time so I just give them what they ask for.
If the OP here does have a System One model machine that uses the SD card and not one of the Smart cards...for sure I would dump Pro and use SleepyHead...and/or maybe EncoreBasic. I keep Pro just say I have it and help with it for those people who can't use anything else...not because I really use it. Pro causes me a lot of work and we all know that I am a lazy sot so I don't do Pro support unless I have no other options.

kshemamed

Post by kshemamed » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:36 am

hi

formatted in the since , i formatted the laptop completely and removed the encorepro2 from control panel , then reinstalled the software again, during the installation i followed the steps as on the software , i selected advanced one and selected three features in that 1) database, 2) encore pro 2 , 3) data migration , further there are two options 1) window aunthentication , 2) SQL server authentication using the login id and password below , and below mentioned blocks are empty i have fill up with the login id and password , i selected second option ( it is SQL SERVER) i tried entring with different id and password like id : encoreadmin and password is password1, but nothing happen i am getting error message like (failed to connect to given server), i really dont know what is the next step , and also i tried install sql server from online but even that dint worout , ??????

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:15 am

kshemamed wrote:hi

formatted in the since , i formatted the laptop completely and removed the encorepro2 from control panel , then reinstalled the software again, during the installation i followed the steps as on the software , i selected advanced one and selected three features in that 1) database, 2) encore pro 2 , 3) data migration , further there are two options 1) window aunthentication , 2) SQL server authentication using the login id and password below , and below mentioned blocks are empty i have fill up with the login id and password , i selected second option ( it is SQL SERVER) i tried entring with different id and password like id : encoreadmin and password is password1, but nothing happen i am getting error message like (failed to connect to given server), i really dont know what is the next step , and also i tried install sql server from online but even that dint worout , ??????
You haven't mentioned which OS you are using - so which OS are you using? Which version of Encore Pro 2? Apparently there were several versions.

You also don't mention doing any MS updates after the format/reload. That in itself could cause your problem bc MS was doing many updates to SQL and net framework.

I have a foggy memory of having to change something in settings to get SQL server working.

Doing a forum search for Problems with EncorePro or SQL SERVER may bring up other ideas also.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 am

oic in the subject now "encorepor2 2.12 version"

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 am

Also found this at "Encore Pro 2 will not start"
digitaleagle wrote:Make sure SQL Server has the latest updates from Microsoft on your computer.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 am

If the computer was reformatted then there's a good chance that some MS updates are missing but unless it's an old laptop...the SQL server stuff should have already been in there.

The advanced install option should only be tried by people who know what they are doing. As skilled as I am with this stuff....I don't do the advanced install unless I absolutely had to.
If I was sitting in front of your computer I might be able to sort through this mess...and that's a really big "might".

I sent you a private message with some information on getting EncoreBasic.
My suggestion is to bail on trying to get Pro to work unless you just like getting kicked in the face by software and use EncoreBasic.
The reports are the same but Basic doesn't need or use the SQL server thing which is often problematic for users.
Plus there's no need for log in ID and password crap...so that part can't be messed up.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 am

Pugsy wrote:My suggestion is to bail on trying to get Pro to work unless you just like getting kicked in the face by software and use EncoreBasic.
The reports are the same but Basic doesn't need or use the SQL server thing which is often problematic for users.
Plus there's no need for log in ID and password crap...so that part can't be messed up.
lol so true but I will take exception to this...
Pugsy wrote: The advanced install option should only be tried by people who know what they are doing.
While this is not likely to happen in this case there are a number of updates that sneak malware into your computer when people do not choose the "Advanced" option. All that really does is give you the opportunity to change the install directory and REFUSE any optional downloads like Norton, McAfee, or toolbars that will track your online visits etc.

I choose Advanced with every install/update for that reason.

I just thought that was worth mentioning.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 am

Guest wrote:While this is not likely to happen in this case there are a number of updates that sneak malware into your computer when people do not choose the "Advanced" option. All that really does is give you the opportunity to change the install directory and REFUSE any optional downloads like Norton, McAfee, or toolbars that will track your online visits etc.

I was referring to Encore Pro Advanced install option. That's what we are talking about here...not all the other softwares that get installed.
I have done an advanced Pro install...it's real easy to mess up the SQL certification that is part of the advanced install.
I know it's easy to mess it up because I messed it up the first time.
This was probably 5 years ago...so know I don't remember ever step to fix it....just it's a horrible POS software and people should use something else if at all possible when they run into install issues with Pro.

And yes...I know about sneaky malware...I used to help remove that crap on a couple of computer help forums. A good bit of it could have been prevented if people would just do a bit of homework and read what they are agreeing to download and install.
But don't get me started on that.

In this situation my comment about people using the advanced install option was directed solely towards the advanced install option for Encore Pro.
I don't care what anyone does with whatever else software they want to install.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

Pugsy wrote:I don't care what anyone does with whatever else software they want to install.
Well I didn't want people to think because they did it on one they should always do it. You know how folks make that association. I thought I explained that clearly. If not you have cleared it up