What is your ideal machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: What is your ideal machine?

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:59 pm

TyroneShoes wrote:If you say my forum name out loud, and think about what you just said, you will then understand that I am all about personal responsibility.
Dictionry.com says it's pronounced tahy-rohn shooz

so, I'm confused as to your point.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Pesser wrote:
palerider wrote:
TyroneShoes wrote:
Guest wrote:...Both Respironics and Resmed have machines that have the detailed data and machines that don't. Since they all look alike you have to do your homework to understand which models are which...
Wouldn't it be nice if someone who had done the homework could just share that information with the rest of us.
*whips out the silver platter*
Isn't that a spoon?
perhaps.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

guest10

Re: What is your ideal machine?--silver platter vs silver spoon

Post by guest10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:47 pm

No, Pesser I think he got it right with "silver platter", to be handed something on a silver platter usually infers something is given to the recipient wit little or no effort on their part. Likely derived from the tradition of servants conveying items to royalty on silver trays.
The silver spoon usually refers to someone who is born into wealth ( due to the family's economic standing and prosperity, from the time they were infants they were fed with a silver (as in sterling silver) spoon, instead of a spoon made of wood or tin or other lesser metal)

TyroneShoes

Post by TyroneShoes » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Kinda figures, "guest", which is why you've been demoted to a small "g".

Next time look for the question marks. Those are hints as to where the questions might be.

In this case, you also have to be able to read between the lines.

Good luck with that.

And "den", you've also missed the point. If you've been to the haystack, and I have, a number of times, just provide a link to where the freakin' needle is if you know where that might be. That's all. No one's asking you to carry us all the way over there. Or maybe you just don't understand how that looks to everyone.

I'm not asking for a Unabomber manifesto here; if you are someone who's been there and knows what what we are looking for it would take all of 5 seconds to help us navigate the maze of Gordian knots and say "Well, machine x has this feature while machine y doesn't, and machine z has this other feature, but you can start to learn all about those differences, all on your own, HERE [link]". Now how hard was that?

It comes down to one thing: why are people posting? Are folks posting to ask questions and provide answers, or to impress us with what they "know" yet refuse to share, and to validate their own petty little insecurities to themselves by baffling the rest of us with BS?

If one falls into that second camp, they should just please go away and stop wasting the time of the rest of us. Don't go tickling our butts with a feather if you can't show us what's really behind the curtain. "It's all out there if you just look, grasshopper" is beyond useless. OF COURSE I understand that the answers are out there somewhere, Captain Obvious. I could have spent the time I actually spent reading a ridiculously useless reply finding out the answer on my own, rather than arguing with people I can't even see, in some idiotic internet black hole vortex. Now I have to lick my own [word used three sentences ago] just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Peace, out.

guest 10

Post by guest 10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

palerider, I was confused for a sec too, but from the way the comment was written I took it that the indication was that it was intended to be pronounced like "Tie ur own shoes", but then again I could have misinterpreted..... and the phonics don't work out to be exact, but that's what I got when I combined the screenname and the comment about being self sufficient.

guest 10

Post by guest 10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:02 pm

palerider, I was confused for a sec too, but from the way the comment was written I took it that the indication was that it was intended to be pronounced like "Tie ur own shoes", but then again I could have misinterpreted..... and the phonics don't work out to be exact, but that's what I got when I combined the screenname and the comment about being self sufficient.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:19 pm

TyroneShoes wrote:
Guest wrote:...Both Respironics and Resmed have machines that have the detailed data and machines that don't. Since they all look alike you have to do your homework to understand which models are which...
Wouldn't it be nice if someone who had done the homework could just share that information with the rest of us.

It's probably hard to get meaningful answers from users about which machine is best, or even about which one they might prefer, as they only have anecdotal info on one machine, maybe two. No one here is capable of a Consumer Reports shootout. A BMW owner is probably going to suggest that everybody should buy a BMW. (but then that would also probably be the right answer.)

But if we're going to go to fantasy land, I think the ideal machine should be smart enough to constantly titrate you, constantly adjust pressures to the best efficacy, and adjust automatically to the perfect settings dependent on what feedback it gets from the user. IOW, it needs to be a robotic sleep doctor/servant, that concentrates 8/7 on a single patient's needs. We'll probably have to wait another 10 years for that, and for it to trickle down to the insured.

But then all the sleep techs would be out of work.
I had to go back and reread your initial post in this thread.
Well, some people HAVE "done the homework" and it's not hard to find. In the CPAP Wiki, in the stickies in the "Announcements" section.

From "Janknitz" blog:

http://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/what-y ... me-part-i/

From the compilation of "rested gal":

viewtopic.php?t=17435

The information is all through this forum. Learn to find it. How are we supposed to read minds and know what people are looking for?

And, I think, for the most part, your idea of an "ideal machine" already exists......but it ain't MY idea of an "ideal machine".

Den

Edited to include the link to the "rested gal" links.

Last edited by Wulfman... on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
TyroneShoes wrote:

It's probably hard to get meaningful answers from users about which machine is best, or even about which one they might prefer, as they only have anecdotal info on one machine, maybe two. No one here is capable of a Consumer Reports shootout. A BMW owner is probably going to suggest that everybody should buy a BMW. (but then that would also probably be the right answer.)

But if we're going to go to fantasy land, I think the ideal machine should be smart enough to constantly titrate you, constantly adjust pressures to the best efficacy, and adjust automatically to the perfect settings dependent on what feedback it gets from the user. IOW, it needs to be a robotic sleep doctor/servant, that concentrates 8/7 on a single patient's needs. We'll probably have to wait another 10 years for that, and for it to trickle down to the insured.

But then all the sleep techs would be out of work.
I had to go back and reread your initial post in this thread.
And he thinks there are question marks in there? Looks like a rant to me? Maybe he needs his own thread?

He must understand there is NO "One size fits ALL" and he has given nothing to go on. Oh the popping sound? You mean he already has a machine? Musta found his answer?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 am

For me, two machines would be ideal; my main machine--with all the bells and whistles;
and a back-up, maybe not quite as sophisticated, but functional, and flexible, power-wise;
because stuff happens, trees fall on power lines, fuses blow, kitties knock things on the floor, etc.
I can't sleep without this thing, so I'd rather not have to try.

Paralel

Post by Paralel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 am

The ideal machine is one I wouldn't have to use and my sleep respiration would be perfect.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am

Last night I forgot to include the link to one of the largest compilations of information on the forum.
I don't know if it's somewhere in the stickies on the front page, but here it is.......all links compiled by "rested gal":

viewtopic.php?t=17435

Den

My apologies to RG for forgetting that last night.

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am

Wulfman... wrote:Last night I forgot to include the link to one of the largest compilations of information on the forum.
I don't know if it's somewhere in the stickies on the front page, but here it is.......all links compiled by "rested gal":

cpaptalk com/viewtopic php?t=17435

Den

Now that IS spoonfeeding. Didn't he say he already read all of the announcements (stickies)?

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Last night I forgot to include the link to one of the largest compilations of information on the forum.

cpaptalk com/viewtopic php?t=17435

Den

Now that IS spoonfeeding. Didn't he say he already read all of the announcements (stickies)?
Wellllll.........this (following, quoted) post set me off. I got the impression he didn't even know where the haystack was, let alone how to look for the "needle". Kind of like we always need to be here to "spoonfeed" every bit of information to everybody........"......just provide a link to where the freakin' needle is......".

How many times has the subject "What's the best machine?" come up in some manner? There is no RIGHT answer to that. And, especially from people who have only used one brand of machine. The numbers of people who have used a multitude of ALL past and current generations of machines is extremely small (like ZERO). Like I've always said, people put more effort into investigating the other electronic gadgets they buy than they do with the equipment they're going to sleep with every night and that will hopefully extend and improve their lives.

We're all just a bunch of users.....with varying degrees and quantities of "experiences".......trying to help each other with this therapy. We were all new to this therapy at some point, and most of us have gained our knowledge in various and similar manners.......we READ it or EXPERIENCE it.

Den

TyroneShoes wrote:Kinda figures, "guest", which is why you've been demoted to a small "g".

Next time look for the question marks. Those are hints as to where the questions might be.

Good luck with that.

And "den", you've also missed the point. If you've been to the haystack, and I have, a number of times, just provide a link to where the freakin' needle is if you know where that might be. That's all. No one's asking you to carry us all the way over there. Or maybe you just don't understand how that looks to everyone.

I'm not asking for a Unabomber manifesto here; if you are someone who's been there and knows what what we are looking for it would take all of 5 seconds to help us navigate the maze of Gordian knots and say "Well, machine x has this feature while machine y doesn't, and machine z has this other feature, but you can start to learn all about those differences, all on your own, HERE [link]". Now how hard was that?

It comes down to one thing: why are people posting? Are folks posting to ask questions and provide answers, or to impress us with what they "know" yet refuse to share, and to validate their own petty little insecurities to themselves by baffling the rest of us with BS?

If one falls into that second camp, they should just please go away and stop wasting the time of the rest of us. Don't go tickling our butts with a feather if you can't show us what's really behind the curtain. "It's all out there if you just look, grasshopper" is beyond useless. OF COURSE I understand that the answers are out there somewhere, Captain Obvious. I could have spent the time I actually spent reading a ridiculously useless reply finding out the answer on my own, rather than arguing with people I can't even see, in some idiotic internet black hole vortex. Now I have to lick my own [word used three sentences ago] just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Peace, out.
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 pm

And you gotta wonder what kind of teacher(s) he has had in his life (college is doubtful) - did they give him a ride to the river then give him koolaid?

I can't get over how people come here to "demand service". That works better in the chat room. This is a self help forum. Just like those before you - dig in and try to stop badgering people trying to help you - that won't work anywhere if life not even cyberspace.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Wulfman... wrote: Wellllll.........this (following, quoted) post set me off. I got the impression he didn't even know where the haystack was, let alone how to look for the "needle".
TyroneShoes wrote:Kinda figures, "guest", which is why you've been demoted to a small "g".

Good luck with that.

[rant rant rant rant}

Peace, out.
doncha love the ones that come in, start throwing around insults in every direction, and then say "peace" like that makes it all kittens and puppies?