Will sleepyhead work on a small 11inch laptop?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: Will sleepyhead work on a small 11inch laptop?

Post by Goofproof » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Do yourself a favor, size does matter. Make sure you get one with USB 3.0.

A good USB dvd burner costs under $25 at Newegg. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:05 pm

If you end up with a small screen, "F8" turns off the right sidebar and the graph area will be bigger and easier to read. You can drag the border of the left sidebar and make it smaller or disappear entirely.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

IreneN

Post by IreneN » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 am

Islandwoman wrote:I know Sleepyhead doesn't work on tablets so I am considering a very small laptop for travel and want to be sure that size is not an issue.
Well, one tablet that will run Sleepyhead is the Windows 8 version of the Surface Pro. It uses a micro-SD card, not the full size one. I've switched out the SD card on my PR1 machine and all works fine. It's really neat to be able to take my whole setup in my purse to see my sleep doc. The Statistics screen is pretty tiny, but then, it's pretty tiny on my 15.6 inch laptop screen as well.

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:20 am

Islandwoman wrote:I know Sleepyhead doesn't work on tablets ...
Actually I run SH on a tablet - a Dell Venue Pro 8" tablet. It has a low power Intel CPU, 32 GB solid-state disk, and 2 GB RAM, and runs Windows 8.1. Its a bit under powered by today's standards so I don't try to run heavy duty apps or run too much simultaneously. It does run all of my WIndows apps, including Sleepyhead, perfectly. The limiting factor is the screen - the native resolution is 1280x800, which is lower than the new standard of 1440x1080; some dialogs sometimes get chopped and even Sleepyhead's layout suffers a bit. The screen is touch, and an active pen is available that allows precise control. Sometimes I use a bluetooth mouse, and I house it in a protective case that includes a small bluetooth keyboard. It only has one micro usb connection that shares charging duties with peripheral connections. I use a small dongle to read SD cards. There is a microSD slot that I use as a second 64GB hard drive. Battery life is very good - spec say 9.9 hours, but I get 8 hours consistently. List price is only $250, figure about $100 extra for case, pen, microSD, dongles, etc and you get a full Windows machine you can slip in your coat pocket. (Dell sells refurbs with a full factory warranty so I use that exclusively for computer purchases - that brought the price down to $170.)

SH also runs fine on my wife's 13" Dell "ultra book," essentially the same hardware as an Apple Macbook Air, but much cheaper. We have a number of smaller machines now without DVD drives; I keep a few external drives around since they're cheap. Bluray external drives also work, but they're pricey and need extra software.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks for the tablet information. I have noticed a lot of sales recently on Dell products will check Costco because of free help and return policy. I am not a fan of Win8 but on a smaller screen it should not be so bad.
I use a Nook HD+ for eBook's and also travel emails and browsing but it is limited, I can use android apps though.