Help with frequent wake ups and my charts

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Help with frequent wake ups and my charts

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I usually like using the arrow keys, up and down zoom in and out.... left and right scroll sideways.

though, I usually start out with a quick click and drag across part of the flow/events strip to zoom into the bit clicked

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

HanzT

Post by HanzT » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Musculus, I figured out how to do it thanks to some kind posts here. Please see below. Thanks for all the help!

[quote="musculus"]I see that your respiratory rate drop sharply before you waking up. It may indicate the waking up is due to obstructive event. Can you show the airflow of one such epoch?

These are from the night I posted:

This is from last night:

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:13 pm

bump

musculus

Post by musculus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Those airflow pattern just before awaking definitely indicate airway resistances. Your arousals were most likely caused by increased effort for breathing. I would suggest gradually increasing the pressure 3-5 cm H20 and see if that helps.

HanzT

Post by HanzT » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks. I just updated my profile to show my latest machine. Its an APAP, so I'm surprised it isn't responding.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 am

HanzT wrote:Its an APAP, so I'm surprised it isn't responding.
It's not responding much (little movement of the pressure line) because it doesn't sense the need to do much for whatever reason.
Mainly it responds to flow limitations and snores as warning signs of an impending airway collapse. It responds to OA events after the fact and not during the middle of the OA.

A little more minimum pressure should clean up the reports a bit but the reports aren't horrible. Just a little bit of what I call clutter that might be impacting how you sleep. I don't think the answer to your wake ups is within the software reports but it wouldn't hurt to maybe use a little more minimum pressure to better prevent what you are seeing flagged.
Your pressure is already fairly low so you have a lot of room to simply use a little more pressure to see if it helps or not.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MyJanine

Post by MyJanine » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
HanzT wrote:A little more minimum pressure should clean up the reports.
I'm not pretending I know anything about the science of these machines. But I do know that this "minimum pressure" advice saved the day (night) for my wife's sleep. In the beginning she was hitting 16cm and more with many clusters of OA events. Lately, this are down to mostly zero after the adjustment to a minimum of 9cm. (We moved this up gradually, a few nights for each .cm increase). Wait on advice and guidance from your Dr? Fugeddaboudit! That would have added at least six months to these adjustments.

Instructions on "how to" increase you minimum pressure (PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2miZa08XHdE

HanzT

Post by HanzT » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:07 am

Sounds like I will up the pressure a little and see what happens. Thanks guys. I lost some weight recently so I hope I can keep that off, it made a huge different in my charts. When I was 20lbs heavier, I has using a pressure of 12-14 and my AHI was still at 5 often. Now if I can just solve the wake-ups...

musculus

Post by musculus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:52 pm

In addition to AHI numbers, you can also try to optimize the pressure/treatment based on the respiratory rate and volume reports (smoother is better).

HanzT

Post by HanzT » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 pm

musculus wrote:In addition to AHI numbers, you can also try to optimize the pressure/treatment based on the respiratory rate and volume reports (smoother is better).
Can I actually change my respiratory rate? It seems high to me, so any idea how to do that? Are you suggesting a higher pressure might lower that? thanks, H