Trolls: Now There is Scientific Evidence

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: Trolls: Now There is Scientific Evidence

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Interesting; I know some Americans purchase small properties in Texas because "residents" pay no state income tax.
One family I know of in Calgary recently purchased some property in Arizona.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Steve Perry used to be lead singer for Journey back in the 80's. They replaced him when he left the band with someone who auditioned on Youtube, I think he is oriental, can't remember his name, but he is good & sounds a lot like Steve did.

Pressure 6-10 cm

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:58 am

On the topic of Canadian singers, a while back there was discussion that a singer struggling for recognition in the U.S. should move to Canada so they can claim being from there and gain quicker and wider acceptance back here. I just laughed but sounds like that plan may have some merit. Wow.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 am

Sometimes ex-pats find success abroad that was denied them at home.
I think of Paul Robeson, who fled America to escape racism and find recognition elsewhere.

So Well

Post by So Well » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Sometimes ex-pats find success abroad that was denied them at home.
I think of Paul Robeson, who fled America to escape racism and find recognition elsewhere.
You are repeating something that you read which is a distortion of Robeson's life.

While Robeson and his family certainly experienced racism in their hometowns of Princeton and Somerville, NJ and later Robeson at Rutgers, he did not go to London to escape it. He got a good offer from London and did well there despite the racism he experienced in London.

When he returned to the U.S. his singing skills had improved and the U.S. provided a fertile ground for recording and distributing his singing.

Although it has some significant errors, Lloyd Brown's book on Robeson is a good source and definitely does not have the spin Duberman put in the biography he published recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s

Have a good day!
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson