Penitentiary Rules

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Penitentiary Rules

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 am

I wonder why Tangled hose asked the question in the first place.
Possibly arrested for changing the settings on his machine?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:29 am

TangledHose wrote:If I get sent to the State Pen, will they let me bring my CPAP?
Best place for a correct answer would be to ask the institution. Your Attorney might be able to help.

Any other guess would be just that, a guess which is not really going to help you much.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

friar

Post by friar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:50 am

Goofproof wrote:They won't need the needle just feed the gas into the XPAP machine.
Already utilised for similar purpose...

old Zorba there just sulked off into the Aegean, totally oblivious to the obvious.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

We had a member a while back who said he was diagnosed and treated while he was in prison. He was not happy about the quality of his machine.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 am

TangledHose wrote:

If I get sent to the State Pen, will they let me bring my CPAP?
They will not send you to the State Pen.

You are going to the local animal pound and they will not let you take a CPAP with you.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 am

A lot of first-time inmates use the opportunity to get long-neglected medical/dental care.
Who knows how many people get themselves jailed simply to get care they can't afford otherwise.
What would get you locked up, but not roughed up?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:43 am

Krelvin wrote:
TangledHose wrote:If I get sent to the State Pen, will they let me bring my CPAP?
Best place for a correct answer would be to ask the institution. Your Attorney might be able to help.

Any other guess would be just that, a guess which is not really going to help you much.
From a Burner Phone, of course! jim

Stop following the "Ungolden Rule" Do Unto Others Before They Can Do Unto You!

If You Can't Do The Time Don't Do Thd Crime.......
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
palerider wrote:
Janknitz wrote: No, I don't do ANYTHING that could get me arrested, but it was still this irrational fear I had.
in our current police state, it's not irrational...

you'd likely have been tasered, beaten, and THEN charged with resisting.
Have you read "Three Felonies a Day"?
How can the average American commit three felonies in the course of a given day? Consider these hypothetical examples—along with their real-life parallels—in which vague and broad federal laws have made honest citizens into federal felons.
Great book with many examples where an honest citizen, going peacefully about their business of leading a normal, productive life were charged with a felony and many of them were convicted.

http://www.threefeloniesaday.com/Youtoo ... fault.aspx

Here is also a very good FB page that I try to read regularly - https://www.facebook.com/policethepoliceACP
I have read something to that effect, though perhaps not that particular writeup.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 pm

If someone committed a felony (and I assume it must be at least a felony to warrant a trip to the state pen), then why should we the taxpayers have to provide inmates with CPAP appropriate facilities? To have extra precautions available for the use of CPAP machines costs money.

I as a taxpayer resent spending one red cent to accommodate CPAP therapy for an inmate who shouldn't have committed the crime in the first place. We coddle people in prison way too much. If doing time in the pen means doing without CPAP, then that might be a deterrent to any compliant CPAP user.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 pm

The line between 'them' and 'us' is so fine you could end up being one some day (nothing personal). All it takes is a tiny blip in your brain of a second, and you're over the line, and while we all think we're above it, no way we could slip, anything's possible. And to deny another human being their life when we don't have to, because we think we're better than them, or for no good reason at all, makes us them... no conscience, no limits, just ego and luck.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Last edited by kaiasgram on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:55 pm

why should we the taxpayers have to provide inmates with CPAP appropriate facilities? To have extra precautions available for the use of CPAP machines costs money.
Taking away someones medically necessary treatment would be "cruel and unusual punishment" It would also mean that when they do get out they will be in worse shape to return to society.

So would you also refuse them medical treatment? "That is just tough you are having a heart attack" Of course it would allow the prison operators to make more money of the excessive amounts of prisoners the USA has.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Many in prison deserve no worse than to be confined, some may deserve to suffer,
but an accident of one's health should not be the device by which they are punished--that is considered barbaric.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:30 pm

jencat824 wrote:If someone committed a felony (and I assume it must be at least a felony to warrant a trip to the state pen), then why should we the taxpayers have to provide inmates with CPAP appropriate facilities? To have extra precautions available for the use of CPAP machines costs money.

I as a taxpayer resent spending one red cent to accommodate CPAP therapy for an inmate who shouldn't have committed the crime in the first place. We coddle people in prison way too much. If doing time in the pen means doing without CPAP, then that might be a deterrent to any compliant CPAP user.
I agree completely! for that matter, we should stop paying for food, and shelter, just build a big fence, somewhere in arizona preferably, and throw anybody that commits a crime over it. and just let them scrabble for whatever they can get until they're released.... of course, a large portion will die, but who cares, less expense!

just how law abiding are you, now.... plus, we know nobody ever ends up in prison unfairely these days, right?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.