My experience with the Oracle 2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrog

Re: My experience with the Oracle 2

Post by mrog » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I had to reattach the Oracle headgear because it kept coming out of my mouth. Now it's working great! Here's my leak rate using the Quattro:

Here's my leak rate using the Swift/Oracle combo:

I ordered a scuba mouthpiece from Amazon. I'm going to see if I can attach the Oracle headgear to it and use it as a mouth plug. I haven't decided what to plug it up with yet, but I'm considering some food grade silicone sealant. I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares.

This morning, I took the anti-rebreathing valve from the Oracle and put it on the Swift. Makes sense since my mouth will be plugged up. I'll see tonight how it goes.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20 pm

mrog wrote: It sounds like my case is absolutely trivial compared to your cousin's. With the ointment, it's already starting to clear up. I'm glad I got it treated before it turned into something ugly. Best wishes to your cousin and his family! That sounds painful.
Started as a "bug bite" but advanced within three or four days to needing surgical intervention. Like I said, if it's staph you don't want to wait around, especially in your face! That's a superhighway to the brain if it spreads.

mrog

Post by mrog » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 am

RicaLynn wrote:
mrog wrote: It sounds like my case is absolutely trivial compared to your cousin's. With the ointment, it's already starting to clear up. I'm glad I got it treated before it turned into something ugly. Best wishes to your cousin and his family! That sounds painful.
Started as a "bug bite" but advanced within three or four days to needing surgical intervention. Like I said, if it's staph you don't want to wait around, especially in your face! That's a superhighway to the brain if it spreads.
Ouch! I didn't realize it could progress so quickly. That's scary.

My nose is healing well, but still red. The lab culture came back negative, so it probably wasn't much of an infection at all.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Control III disinfectant from our host, cpap.com, lists MRSA as one of the things it kills. It might be worth a good soak of everything.

Read the directions. The undiluted concentrate is somewhat nasty, but the diluted solution is not that bad.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

mrog

Post by mrog » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm

archangle wrote:Control III disinfectant from our host, cpap.com, lists MRSA as one of the things it kills. It might be worth a good soak of everything.

Read the directions. The undiluted concentrate is somewhat nasty, but the diluted solution is not that bad.
That looks like good stuff to have on hand. Thanks!