Be careful about filling out those sleepiness questionnaires

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: Be careful about filling out those sleepiness questionnaires

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:12 pm

old dude wrote:
Guest wrote:
49er wrote: to BlackSpinner :
"Wow, you don't quit in being extremely mean spirited and judgmental."
Biting my tongue.
As a "Guest" should be.
A perfect example of a "Trolling Post" by an old dude.

Paralel

Post by Paralel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 pm

SleepyEyes21 wrote:
Paralel wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote:...as 49er and others have pointed out, there are still MANY stigmas and stereotypes surrounding mental illness. Being treated differently by medical professionals (and others) due to a mental health diagnosis/ prescribed psychotropic medications is not an uncommon occurrence. Any treating practitioner should ask patients: 1) if they are using any prescribed treatment for a diagnosed mental health issue; and 2) if the patient feels their illness is adequately being treated with the prescribed regimen.

Mental health is only one part of the whole health picture; it should be treated as such so that people are given appropriate and/ or medically necessary care.
How I wish it really worked this way...

The ED doc I saw said my arterial dissection was a panic attack when he saw I had an anxiety diagnosis.
And here is another good example of why all treating professionals need to keep the 'whole health' emphasis in mind..

Are you doing okay now Paralel, or do you have ongoing medical complications due to this ignorant physician?
As a result of his inappropriate diagnosis and lack of treatment, I subsequently suffered a stroke due to a clot that formed in the back of my brain. I've suffered severe sensory and motor deficits as a result. I have to be extremely careful about what I eat because I can't swallow correctly any longer. I can't drive and have to use a walker. I figured I'd have at least another 50 years before I would have to do that, since I'm only slightly into my 3rd decade currently. I'm very slowly getting better, but it's doubtful I'll ever get everything back that I lost. Fortunately for me, all my higher level processes were undamaged, so I am thankful for that.

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Paralel wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote:
Paralel wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote:...as 49er and others have pointed out, there are still MANY stigmas and stereotypes surrounding mental illness. Being treated differently by medical professionals (and others) due to a mental health diagnosis/ prescribed psychotropic medications is not an uncommon occurrence. Any treating practitioner should ask patients: 1) if they are using any prescribed treatment for a diagnosed mental health issue; and 2) if the patient feels their illness is adequately being treated with the prescribed regimen.

Mental health is only one part of the whole health picture; it should be treated as such so that people are given appropriate and/ or medically necessary care.
How I wish it really worked this way...

The ED doc I saw said my arterial dissection was a panic attack when he saw I had an anxiety diagnosis.
And here is another good example of why all treating professionals need to keep the 'whole health' emphasis in mind..

Are you doing okay now Paralel, or do you have ongoing medical complications due to this ignorant physician?
As a result of his inappropriate diagnosis and lack of treatment, I subsequently suffered a stroke due to a clot that formed in the back of my brain. I've suffered severe sensory and motor deficits as a result. I have to be extremely careful about what I eat because I can't swallow correctly any longer. I can't drive and have to use a walker. I figured I'd have at least another 50 years before I would have to do that, since I'm only slightly into my 3rd decade currently. I'm very slowly getting better, but it's doubtful I'll ever get everything back that I lost. Fortunately for me, all my higher level processes were undamaged, so I am thankful for that.
Wow... so sorry to hear Paralel You are very young to have to be dealing with all of this.

I hope you continue to recover on a more progressive level - I will say a prayer for you!

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 am

As a result of his inappropriate diagnosis and lack of treatment, I subsequently suffered a stroke due to a clot that formed in the back of my brain. I've suffered severe sensory and motor deficits as a result. I have to be extremely careful about what I eat because I can't swallow correctly any longer. I can't drive and have to use a walker. I figured I'd have at least another 50 years before I would have to do that, since I'm only slightly into my 3rd decade currently. I'm very slowly getting better, but it's doubtful I'll ever get everything back that I lost. Fortunately for me, all my higher level processes were undamaged, so I am thankful for that
Paralel, I was extremely sickened when I read this. I am so sorry about your situation.

I am curious, did you file a complaint against this physician and I don't mean necessarily a legal one? If you didn't, I totally understand but was just curious if you did and if so, what were the results.

49er

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 am

Parallel; I, too am shocked. That was not just malpractice--it was criminal!

old dude

Post by old dude » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 am

Guest wrote:
old dude wrote:
Guest wrote:
49er wrote: to BlackSpinner :
"Wow, you don't quit in being extremely mean spirited and judgmental."
Biting my tongue.
As a "Guest" should be.
A perfect example of a "Trolling Post" by an old dude.
Consider it what you will, it matters not a whit to me. At least I'm not hiding behind a wall of anonymity. People can look at my previous posts if they so desire and get an idea of where I'm coming from.

An unregistered "Guest" is IMO the perfect embodiment of a troll; he or she can say what they will with no repercussions nor any way to distinguish one unregistered "Guest" from another. Many thanks for just proving this point.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am

old dude wrote:An unregistered "Guest" is IMO the perfect embodiment of a troll; he or she can say what they will with no repercussions nor any way to distinguish one unregistered "Guest" from another. Many thanks for just proving this point.
Maybe you just don't understand some things in life... here are two.
1. There are more trolls registered here than not.

2. You have no authority in this forum whatsoever.

Alright three...
I am not on this earth or this forum to please you or anyone else here. It really is that simple.

If you understand you will just go away.

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 am

An unregistered "Guest" is IMO the perfect embodiment of a troll; he or she can say what they will with no repercussions nor any way to distinguish one unregistered "Guest" from another. Many thanks for just proving this point

Old dude, "guest" does not need to register we all can distinguish him/ her from other guests. It is all in the style with which he/she answers.

old dude

Post by old dude » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 am

webbie73 wrote:An unregistered "Guest" is IMO the perfect embodiment of a troll; he or she can say what they will with no repercussions nor any way to distinguish one unregistered "Guest" from another. Many thanks for just proving this point

Old dude, "guest" does not need to register we all can distinguish him/ her from other guests. It is all in the style with which he/she answers.
Well put, webbie.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:41 am

Guest wrote:
I am not on this earth or this forum to please you or anyone else here.
Well you are, but you don't realize it yet.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:43 am

old dude wrote: At least I'm not hiding behind a wall of anonymity.

Legal name - "old dude". Cool. I can imagine how that went over when you started first grade.

old dude

Post by old dude » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 am

ButtermilkBuoy wrote:
old dude wrote: At least I'm not hiding behind a wall of anonymity.

Legal name - "old dude". Cool. I can imagine how that went over when you started first grade.
Obviously BB, virtually no one here uses their legal name. By anonymity I refer to the practice of not allowing one's forum name to be attached to posts that over time establish a pattern defining that person on the forum. It's helpful to know "who" one is interacting with in a discussion.

I'm sorry to confuse you; I would have thought most understood that.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 am

Guest wrote:If you understand you will just go away.
I take it you don't get it.
old dude wrote:Well put, webbie.
Now I think ol webbie and ol dude are the same person or ol trolling buddies.

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:07 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:If you understand you will just go away.
I take it you don't get it.
old dude wrote:Well put, webbie.
Now I think ol webbie and ol dude are the same person or ol trolling buddies.
Well, ol guest is not as smart as he/she thinks they are? Ol Webbie is just plain ol Webbie no one else. I have told you that before. Sorry you are wrong!

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:48 am

old dude wrote: I'm sorry to confuse you; I would have thought most understood that.
Sorry, my fault.

I am easily confused. When you said,
I'm not hiding behind a wall of anonymity.
I thought you meant you were not hiding behind a wall of anonymity.