Resumed OSA therapy on AutoPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Resumed OSA therapy on BiPAP

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Next time turn off the mask pressure graph (Preferences/Graphs tab and remove check mark) so that the regular pressure line is in the viewing area.
Also include the leak graph or turn off the pie chart so at least the leak statistics are shown.

We all have good nights and bad nights for various reasons. Even now after over 5 years I still have "bad" nights on occasion.
Do you have more good nights or more bad nights?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tan

Re: Resumed OSA therapy on AutoPAP

Post by tan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am

Here is my "bad" night sleep (pressure setting 5/9 for a few days):

and here is my "good" night sleep (no much difference in AHI from above, but pressure setting is 6/16):

the difference how I feel on the "bad" and "good" days is significant. However, there are a few issues with higher pressure though:
1) puffing my cheeks, that eventually forces my mouth open, which then dries out, even in spite of a bit of rain-out in my F10 mask
2) some aerofagia;

any advice, please?
Last edited by tan on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tan

Post by tan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

some more background:
My AHI during sleep study was below 5, but RDI was around 17. Having reviewed my data for collected over a period of two months in August, my sleep doctor said that I have a higher average of pressure needed: 10.

I wonder whether my machine has the same "issue": not showing RDI, which may be a significant.

tan

Post by tan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:12 pm

any suggestions on the pressure range for the above charts, please? If I occasionally need over 10 to make the therapy work, should I set 9 as my minimum?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 pm

tan wrote:any suggestions on the pressure range for the above charts, please? If I occasionally need over 10 to make the therapy work, should I set 9 as my minimum?
I'd try 8 or 9, see how you feel with that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tan

Post by tan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:01 pm

palerider wrote:
tan wrote:any suggestions on the pressure range for the above charts, please? If I occasionally need over 10 to make the therapy work, should I set 9 as my minimum?
Tried that - got a considerably more centrals, aerofagia and sleep quality became worse, AHI in the range 1-2. My occasional pressure raises (from a minimum of 4 or and up to 10-14) are driven mostly by multiple FL, I usually have just a 0-3 OA/HA a night with AHI in the range of 0-1.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 pm

tan wrote:
palerider wrote:
Tried that - got a considerably more centrals, aerofagia and sleep quality became worse, AHI in the range 1-2. My occasional pressure raises (from a minimum of 4 or and up to 10-14) are driven mostly by multiple FL, I usually have just a 0-3 OA/HA a night with AHI in the range of 0-1.
well, to be fair, you did ask

go with what works.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tan

Post by tan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:24 pm

palerider wrote:
tan wrote:
palerider wrote:
well, to be fair, you did ask

go with what works.
no problem seems like my nasal airway is the my therapy's bottleneck, which I will start addressing with ENT next week.

tan

Post by tan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:01 pm

What does this "passover" humidification, which I'd like to try, mean? Humidifier settings - 0? Tube heating - off or 60 (min)?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:14 am

Passover humidification is water in the chamber but no heat added ..so the humidifier is turned off and what humidity you get is from the air passing over the water in the chamber...hence the term "passover" humidity.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.