APAP to CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleepysuz

Re: APAP to CPAP?

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 am

don't know why it's still messed up when I put in the "l"
OLD ONE:

NEW ONE:

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 am

Sleepysuz wrote:Krevilin Thank you! didn't realize I copied the wrong code sorry for the confusion
Trying once more

OLD ONE:

NEW ONE:
put the l *before* the period.

I moved the l before the period in one of yours here:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:49 am

Am a bit dyslexic Thanks for your patience!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 am

Sleepysuz wrote:Am a bit dyslexic Thanks for your patience!
I can't figure out how to get all the instructions in a post, because it won't show the codes you need, instead, it acts on them, so I did it all up, and made a screenshot of my posting, and posted that...

let me know if this makes it all clear

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 am

That's what I needed. Nothing like a sample!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 am

Sleepysuz wrote:That's what I needed. Nothing like a sample!
now you can go back and edit your previous posts (if you want) so they look MARVELOUS! *grin*

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:55 pm

From what I see, Auto mode won't address those clusters. They appear to be "frank" (virtually no preceding VS or FL events) and the lack of those events (typically) won't cause the APAP to increase pressures......and, it appears that 10 cm. or higher will give you aerophagia.

I (also) would suggest trying 9.5 and see how that works for a few nights.

You MAY be a candidate for a Bi-PAP machine. I have no idea what the pressures might be, but you'd probably have to have another sleep study to determine them.

The curious part is the "clusters". What's causing them? Even if they're occurring during REM or a deep sleep stage, each one of those apnea markers represents a 10 second (or more) period of not breathing. That could be some serious oxygen desaturation by the time they stop. And, they're being flagged as Obstructive as opposed to Central.

Maybe another sleep study could determine when and why they're occurring.
And, maybe an overnight "pulse-ox" trial could tell how much desaturation is occurring.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Nothing is ever simple. Just recovered from a stress fracture in my arch. The Otho said he'd never seen one like that.
Had another medical issue. Dr said he'd only seen it twice in athletic 15 year olds. (I was 51 at the time). LOL.
Will try it for the next 3 nite sat 9.5-15 and go back to the doc if that doesn't nip it in the bud.

On the plus side I am feeling like a new person compared to before cpap. Fell asleep eating dinner one night. Had a headache more than not. I must have really been a mess then! The shame of it is I had a sleep study 12 years ago. The place was so cold I didn't get to sleep until 5am as my hands were aching. They said they didn't have more blankets. Didn't get any results from that. I complained but they wouldn't cover another one. Wonder what the toll has been on my body?
Got a new doctor recently who wanted to pursue it - thankfully!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Actually a re titration in lab sleep study with a bipap probably wouldn't be needed unless something weird pops up.
It's not all that difficult to find a suitable bilevel pressure unless there are some complicating factors. Worth trying for sure at home first.
A new sleep study can always be plan B. An in lab sleep study with bilevel might find the pressure needed to deal with the clusters but the aerophagia issue will need to be resolved with trial and error and they can't tell that in the sleep lab. They would just use whatever pressure it takes and aerophagia will or will not happen. Sort of like the idea to use 15...You may need 15 for those clusters but the belly pain will also stop the clusters because it will wake you up long before the clusters happen.

Having the max at 15 is unlikely to help. Just because it can go there doesn't mean it will go there and for if some reason it doesn't want to go above 12 it won't go there no matter what the maximum is.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:53 pm

By George I'm starting to understand this stuff with all this help. 9.5-12 tonite it is

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Sleepysuz wrote:Nothing is ever simple. Just recovered from a stress fracture in my arch. The Otho said he'd never seen one like that.
Had another medical issue. Dr said he'd only seen it twice in athletic 15 year olds. (I was 51 at the time). LOL.
Will try it for the next 3 nite sat 9.5-15 and go back to the doc if that doesn't nip it in the bud.

On the plus side I am feeling like a new person compared to before cpap. Fell asleep eating dinner one night. Had a headache more than not. I must have really been a mess then! The shame of it is I had a sleep study 12 years ago. The place was so cold I didn't get to sleep until 5am as my hands were aching. They said they didn't have more blankets. Didn't get any results from that. I complained but they wouldn't cover another one. Wonder what the toll has been on my body?
Got a new doctor recently who wanted to pursue it - thankfully!
I meant straight 9.5......not a range of pressures.

Edit: Because......without the preceding events, the APAP won't respond (properly), so all the higher pressure settings are going to do is fill your belly with air......needlessly.

Den

Last edited by Wulfman... on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:Actually a re titration in lab sleep study with a bipap probably wouldn't be needed unless something weird pops up.
It's not all that difficult to find a suitable bilevel pressure unless there are some complicating factors. Worth trying for sure at home first.
A new sleep study can always be plan B. An in lab sleep study with bilevel might find the pressure needed to deal with the clusters but the aerophagia issue will need to be resolved with trial and error and they can't tell that in the sleep lab. They would just use whatever pressure it takes and aerophagia will or will not happen. Sort of like the idea to use 15...You may need 15 for those clusters but the belly pain will also stop the clusters because it will wake you up long before the clusters happen.

Having the max at 15 is unlikely to help. Just because it can go there doesn't mean it will go there and for if some reason it doesn't want to go above 12 it won't go there no matter what the maximum is.
I disagree. A sleep study (all wired up) will tell them what sleep stage she's in if/when the clusters appear and what her oxygen levels go to......and maybe some other stuff.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Wulfman... wrote:I disagree. A sleep study (all wired up) will tell them what sleep stage she's in if/when the clusters appear and what her oxygen levels go to......and maybe some other stuff.
Wasn't that all done with the first titration?
Would be interesting to see what either of the original sleep studies said though. Especially any mention as to position or sleep stage change in apnea events.
If whatever is causing the clusters doesn't present itself in the sleep lab...well it will end up like my titration sleep study...big frigging waste of time and money.

I did say "Plan B"

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Just out of curiosity I pulled out the sleep study from July 30th. The REM periods correspond with the clusters. They are at similar intervals as all my recent Sleepyhead charts I was supine a lot but on my right side for the last cluster which was very long
Early in the study was one other big cluster before the first REM where O2 went down to 88.9 right after it but avg desat is 3.4%

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:I disagree. A sleep study (all wired up) will tell them what sleep stage she's in if/when the clusters appear and what her oxygen levels go to......and maybe some other stuff.
Wasn't that all done with the first titration?
Would be interesting to see what either of the original sleep studies said though. Especially any mention as to position or sleep stage change in apnea events.
If whatever is causing the clusters doesn't present itself in the sleep lab...well it will end up like my titration sleep study...big frigging waste of time and money.

I did say "Plan B"
How the H-E-double-hockey-sticks should I know?
Does "Sleepysuz" have a copy of her initial sleep study? Was any of that noted on it?

If not, I'd suggest getting a copy of the sleep study and finding out.......along with quizzing the doctor about it and if it WAS noted, and now why it only seems to being addressed with......"now let's set the machine at 15 cm. and see if we can REALLY blow her up"?

Sorry if I'm sounding a little grumpy, but some of this (regarding the sleep doctors) really pisses me off!

Den

Edit: Noting I read her last post regarding the sleep study.
User since 05/14/05