Can the CPAP community help me?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepinow

Re: Can the CPAP community help me?

Post by sleepinow » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 pm

palerider wrote:
RicaLynn wrote:It's becoming apparent that his primary issue is NOT sleep deprivation. Just saying.
+18.72 (or some number )

I'm starting to think there's a mix of ADHD and OCD and probably some other letters in there though.
Hey trust me I would rather have either one as long as it is treatable.

Min EPAP: 13.0 CmH20
Min Pressure Support: 3.5
Max EPAP: 25.0
Max Pressure Support: 5.0
Max Pressure: 20.0
Flex Setting: Bi-Flex - 3
Backup Rate:Auto
Humidification Mode:off
Humidifier Setting:c5

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:24 pm

As somebody with DSPS, I can tell you that trying to force your body into a normal schedule when it isn't willing - that will drive you crazy and will really mess with your health. Having OSA is just one more complication - adding oxygen deprivation to sleep deprivation.

If you want to solve your sleep problems, you will need to solve BOTH problems.

For DSPS, you will either need to solve it with real treatment (not medication), or learn to live within your body's schedule. I gave up trying to be normal a long time ago, and I feel a lot better. I do have many weekends where I pretend to be a morning person, but I have learned ways to adjust for those short times and not let it kill me. There is no way I could do it full time, week after week. My last attempt was about 10 years ago, and I felt like a zombie.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 pm

sleepinow wrote:
palerider wrote:
RicaLynn wrote:It's becoming apparent that his primary issue is NOT sleep deprivation. Just saying.
+18.72 (or some number )

I'm starting to think there's a mix of ADHD and OCD and probably some other letters in there though.
Hey trust me I would rather have either one as long as it is treatable.
Oh they're treatable but only if you see a professional, and there is no quantitative data involved. Not sure that would interest you, though I'm sure you'd find some textbook to read to make sure you passed the test.