Ffm. What are your suggestions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JQLewis

Re: Ffm. What are your suggestions

Post by JQLewis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm

I had the same setup as you, an Escape and a Quattro FX, and I sympathize with your dilemma. I think your best bet is to ditch the Escape. It's a worthless machine, imo. The "mask fit" feature on the better Resmed models is a huge help in keeping leaks within a manageable range. The Quattro is a ridiculously finicky mask. The acceptable range of tensions is very narrow, and seeing when you've gotten it right with a simple graphic (green is good, red is bad) is enormously helpful.

Another very important trick with the Quattro is to add an additional strap below your chin, tying together the two bottom straps. This prevents the mask from riding up your face. It makes putting it on a bit of a contortionists trick, but once you master it, you're all set.

Good luck.

Sleep Study-Titration Study
Help find the undiagnosed. Send me a PM if you'd like to help (http://osaaction.org)

library lady

Post by library lady » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Greg, back again to mention something I didn't say in my earlier post. When I was having trouble with leaks, most of the leaks that really bothered me were the ones that leaked into my eyes... with the liners, I don't experience those leaks at all. You don't say whether you tried them, but with all the difficulty you're having, isn't it worth trying liners to find out if they will help with the leaks?

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:23 am

I trimmed the seal on my Quattro fx medium mask so that it doesn't rub my lips and used it last night. Didn't have any leaks and the mask was loose enough that it felt very light and comfortable. Wil give it few more nights but it seems promising