Buying stuff here

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should cpap.com allow people to buy and sell CPAP equipment on cpaptalk.com?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 am

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 47

Goofproof

Re: Buying stuff here

Post by Goofproof » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
curious1 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if half the stuff sold on this chat site is stolen equipment from sleep labs or DMEs. Someone working as a janitor, periodically stealing a machine or two from inventory for a little extra cash.
I repeat my first question:

What's it to ya?

Who gives a rat's behind?
Are you the DME police"
What makes you think it's a "janitor".....that's actually an HONORABLE profession......and not the DMEs themselves, trying to make a buck off the "freebies" that the companies give away? These are hard times and getting harder. The rules have been changing and not for the better.

Personally, I don't believe this stuff should require a prescription anyway. Probably a conspiracy by the manufacturers to be able to charge more money for "medical" equipment.

Den

It more likely to be the CFO of the compamy. Just think of how many XPAPs a Prius could carry home. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Wulfman... wrote: There IS a market for the used/unwanted equipment. It's going to get sold "somewhere".

Den

I completely agree that there is a need for the marketplace. I just don't think that it should be here. This is a discussion group. A simple yahoo email list would work fine. People can go no mail and just view posts on the web if they want. And there could be a weekly post here directing people to that group. But I really don't want to see 10+ new users every day, here for the express purpose of selling their old cpap machine that they refused to use, or one they found in the closet after somebody died. I know it isn't that bad yet, but it definitely seems worse than it was a year ago or two years ago. And with everybody being fine with it now, it will continue to get worse until people stop being fine with it. And by then, it may already be too bad to get rid of easily. Awhile back, we had a guy with a long list of stuff for sale, and he would bump his posts more than once a day. He posted separate ads for things instead of one ad, and his posts were only to sell stuff. He never asked for help, and he never helped anybody. When people objected (I wasn't the only one), he posted MORE. He seemed quite please to irritate people. We don't need people like that here.
Yep! No argument here. I'm just sorry that the CPAPAuction site is no longer available.
I'm not likely to be purchasing anything more in the near future, but I'd be more inclined to buy from a forum member who had a "history" here. Too many just show up to sell stuff. That's where things can get dicey. Too often they don't have a clue about what they're selling or what the going prices are.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

letsride

Post by letsride » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 pm

I believe someone selling something at a reasonable price does help someone without insurance.

The information also helps!

Their both wins in my book.

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 pm

palerider wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:it seems disrespectful to post items for sale here when this forum is provided by a business that sells cpap equipment.
I figure that if the folks running the forum cared, they'd discourage it, put something in the rules about "no selling cpap related items" delete posts, etc.

since they choose not to, I don't feel it's MY place to be a busybody and mind their business for them. they're quite capable of doing that themselves, it seems
I agree with palerider.

Curious1 -

This poll should have a "none of your #@#*& business" choice.
zoocrewphoto wrote:it seems disrespectful to post items for sale here when this forum is provided by a business that sells cpap equipment.
Actually, I agree with zoo to a certain extent as well. I'm reluctant to point out information about competitors, but I will mention "second class" competitors like e-bay and craigslist for some things.

God bless our hosts for letting this sort of thing happen. I would not blame them if they didn't allow this sort of thing.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:23 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:I don't feel it's MY place to be a busybody and mind their business for them.
archangle wrote:I agree with palerider.
Does that finally make it official?
Guest wrote: FINALLY, something we can agree on

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:53 am

Guest wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:I don't feel it's MY place to be a busybody and mind their business for them.
archangle wrote:I agree with palerider.
Does that finally make it official?
Guest wrote: FINALLY, something we can agree on

Somebody misquoted. I didn't say ANY of the statements above.

I don't complain unless it is frequent reposting of the ad. But I still believe it is in appropriate to post ads here, especially newbies who signed up just to post their ads.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Sorry, my mistake was quoting archangle who twice gave you credit for that.
zoocrewphoto wrote:Somebody misquoted. I didn't say ANY of the statements above.
archangle wrote:
palerider wrote:
I figure that if the folks running the forum cared, they'd discourage it, put something in the rules about "no selling cpap related items" delete posts, etc.

since they choose not to, I don't feel it's MY place to be a busybody and mind their business for them. they're quite capable of doing that themselves, it seems
I agree with palerider.

Curious1 -

This poll should have a "none of your #@#*& business" choice.
Actually, I agree with zoo to a certain extent as well. I'm reluctant to point out information about competitors, but I will mention "second class" competitors like e-bay and craigslist for some things.

God bless our hosts for letting this sort of thing happen. I would not blame them if they didn't allow this sort of thing.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Should cpap.com allow people to buy and sell CPAP equipment on cpaptalk.com?
Who thinks Jargon113 would say, "No"?

ChicagoGramps

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Guest wrote:Sorry, my mistake was quoting archangle who twice gave you credit for that.
Nope. Go read it again. My quote was correct and did not attribute it to zoo. The "busybody" word was from palerider, and is listed as such in the post you quoted in your own post.

You are the one who misquoted.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

archangle wrote:
Guest wrote:Sorry, my mistake was quoting archangle who twice gave you credit for that.
Nope. Go read it again. My quote was correct and did not attribute it to zoo. The "busybody" word was from palerider, and is listed as such in the post you quoted in your own post.

yeah, even I agree with arch on this one

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:52 am

palerider wrote:
archangle wrote:

yeah, even I agree with arch on this one
Yes it was my error and I apologize to Zoocrew for messing that up. It was archangle post I was quoting which had posts from both Zoocrew and palerider which somehow got misquoted when I was trying to edit out some of the stuff that wasn't pertinent (to make reading easier).

So beat me and whip me but it feels so good when you stop.

To err is human, to admit it is super human. And you won't find many people on this forum mature enuff to admit it when they screw up.

Sorry Zoocrewphoto, it was me who misquoted you, well it wasn't you at all

Good Day

Christine L

Post by Christine L » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 am

To err is human, to admit it is super human.
Boastful.

Sleepy Veteran

Post by Sleepy Veteran » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 pm

curious1 wrote:If they're going to allow random people to use this forum as a public marketplace to buy and sell prescription medical items, might as well use it for everything else too. Anyone got any morphine pills? Percosets? I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to pay top dollar.
Ya know, I think maybe YOUR time would be much better spent over on an anti-gun forum somewhere whining about registering gun owners.
You will find a whole lot of people you will agree with and get along with really well.
PLUS, you will be able to rant and rave with other people that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, just like you are doing here, except you won't be all alone.

ems

Post by ems » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Christine L wrote:
Boastful.

Yet true.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 pm

VVV wrote:
When you are caught red-handed, admission is often very practical and self-serving. In this case guest tried to take it to the limit claiming it was super human.

I suggest two-day banishment to gun control forums.
I thought the family friendly crowd here would like that but I can't take credit for it as I found it on the internet

I could have used the ones many members here would blame it on such as...
To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
or...
To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
I thought this family friendly audience would think this was too uppity...
To err is human, but it feels divine.