slept 4 hours, but now really tied

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
VikingGnome

Re: slept 4 hours, but now really tied

Post by VikingGnome » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Another thing you can do to get used to CPAP and mask is to use it while relaxing in recliner and watch TV. That's when I was best able to discover where the mask was leaking and what adjustments made it worse or better. You really won't feel awake and peppy ALL DAY until you've made up the huge sleep debt from long term sleep apnea. Ususally 3 weeks but some people can time up to 3 months to be able to stay awake all day and not feel sleepy.

Amers605

Post by Amers605 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:43 pm

palerider wrote:
Amers605 wrote: I doubt that I could. It is better than no machine. I have ObamaCare - through Cal-Optma Medi-CAl. When it is free through the government, you get crap.
without getting into any debates about the value of the affordable care act, I'll just point out that it's quite common for ALL DME's to try and screw over the customer by giving them pieces of crap, because typically, they get reimbursed the same amount whether they give you a crap one like they did you, or the best in class... they get the same amount from most insurance plans, so they shaft you to maximize profits.

you'll never know until you go back and raise a stink.
So do I call the pharmacy to complain?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Amers605 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Amers605 wrote: I doubt that I could. It is better than no machine. I have ObamaCare - through Cal-Optma Medi-CAl. When it is free through the government, you get crap.
... ALL DME's to try and screw over the customer by giving them pieces of crap, because typically, they get reimbursed the same amount whether they give you a crap one like they did you, or the best in class... they get the same amount from most insurance plans, so they shaft you to maximize profits.

you'll never know until you go back and raise a stink.
So do I call the pharmacy to complain?
Normally you would go back to the DME that you got the equipment from and if you get no assistance there try your Dr.

My father is on medicare and got a good machine when he was prepared and dealt with the DME. While the machines vary in costs, the billing code for them is the same.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin