Open Apology

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
apw5746

Open Apology

Post by apw5746 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 am

To all that viewed my comments to Palerider for his sophomoric sense of humor, and sarcasm, and for engaging him in return, making crass and sophomoric comments myself for all to see, I apologize. I even ask for his forgiveness. However, I won't forget what he's said.

I've placed him on my foe list, as I'm sure he's done to me, so I no longer see his unwanted comments. Thus avoiding making retaliatory remarks for all to see.

He may mean well, but I think he enjoys stirring the pot. I dislike people people being belittled rather than get good advice. Some tend to avoid this forum all together, due to his insensitive remarks. My judgment only.

26 year Air Force Vet
if it isn't grown, then it's has to be mined - prospector

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

ems

Re: Open Apology

Post by ems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:25 am

apw5746 wrote:To all that viewed my comments to Palerider for his sophomoric sense of humor, and sarcasm, and for engaging him in return, making crass and sophomoric comments myself for all to see, I apologize. I even ask for his forgiveness. However, I won't forget what he's said.

I've placed him on my foe list, as I'm sure he's done to me, so I no longer see his unwanted comments. Thus avoiding making retaliatory remarks for all to see.

He may mean well, but I think he enjoys stirring the pot. I dislike people people being belittled rather than get good advice. Some tend to avoid this forum all together, due to his insensitive remarks. My judgment only.
Sorry you felt the need to apologize tho it was big of you to do so!

There are many who agree with you, and I too know people who avoid this forum due to his insensitive and sarcastic remarks... people who really need the knowledge that many here do have. In just the last few weeks, I have sent private messages to two people suggesting who they can PM to get the help and knowledge they deserve.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 am

Thank you APW5746 and ems. If there were a "Like" button on this forum, I would use it. I have only made one member a foe recently, but it is highly likely others will be added if things continue in the same vein. It is a shame when people are scared away by personal attacks. We all need to be more tolerant of other people's opinions, and have a conversation rather than pushing one particular opinion as being the answer to everything. It also needs to happen at higher levels than this forum, but we have to start somewhere!

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:33 pm

It is a clever thing to mask a criticism into an apology. The tone that has been set here clearly indicates a high expectation that this thread can easily turn into an attack on the devil. I don’t disagree with any of the comments you guys made! But if we want to attack the devil then do so.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:31 pm

apw5746 wrote:To all that viewed my comments to Palerider for his sophomoric sense of humor, and sarcasm, and for engaging him in return, making crass and sophomoric comments myself for all to see, I apologize. I even ask for his forgiveness. However, I won't forget what he's said.

Adults are expected to be able to handle some issues of disagreement. This is not pre-school.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:36 pm

I find your campaign to sway opinion against PR at least as distasteful as some of his remarks.
viewtopic/p936967/search.php?keywords=apw5746%2Bpale*++

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Use of CPAPtalk com

While using CPAPtalk com, you will not:

post any material, or links to any material that is (at our sole discretion) knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law;
If you feel he has violated any of the above copied from the User Agreement, you could contact Johnny Goodman and ask for his advice on how to handle this bully.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm trying not to comment one way or the other.
However, in general, forums are a mixture of "personalities", for better or worse. Everybody's different.

I don't think this link has been posted on the forum for a long time.

Enjoy. You may be able to see yourself or some of the others you like or dislike.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Wulfman... wrote:I'm trying not to comment one way or the other.
However, in general, forums are a mixture of "personalities", for better or worse. Everybody's different.

I don't think this link has been posted on the forum for a long time.

Enjoy. You may be able to see yourself or some of the others you like or dislike.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Den

Oooh that is damned good. Lots of people on this forum there.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

apw5746

Post by apw5746 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:I find your campaign to sway opinion against PR at least as distasteful as some of his remarks.
Run a poll, and ask if PR has made any sarcastic remarks to peoples posts and watch the results.

I'm not running any campaign. In fact, I didn't know it was an election year However, you're entitled to your opinion. He's help sway opinion against himself. I'm just furthering his cause.

If letting people know how to tune him out, and others of his ilk, then I'll do it every time. PR makes comments that are offensive about 80+% of the time. He's admitted so in one of his post. I'm unable to view it as he's on my foe list.

Have a fun day

26 year Air Force Vet
if it isn't grown, then it's has to be mined - prospector

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:26 pm

apw5746 wrote:
Jay Aitchsee wrote:I find your campaign to sway opinion against PR at least as distasteful as some of his remarks.
Run a poll, and ask if PR has made any sarcastic remarks to peoples posts and watch the results.

I'm not running any campaign. In fact, I didn't know it was an election year However, you're entitled to your opinion. He's help sway opinion against himself. I'm just furthering his cause.

If letting people know how to tune him out, and others of his ilk, then I'll do it every time. PR makes comments that are offensive about 80+% of the time. He's admitted so in one of his post. I'm unable to view it as he's on my foe list.

Have a fun day

Apologies followed by a "but" and justification are not apologies and not accepted in daycare.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Apologies followed by a "but" and justification are not apologies and not accepted in daycare.
+5 for BlackSpinner

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:19 pm

There's lots of swervedrivers (a UK expression) who enjoy banging into the rails on either side of the road. These folks mostly do it for fun and for shock value, tho a minority are just ego-bloated fools. Often they are well aware of what they are doing but that does not deter them... sadly, I was sorta like that when I first showed up on CPAPtalk.

IMO, it takes too much negative energy to create and to respond to these tracts, therefore I simply ignore them because I don't want to waste the valuable time I have left in life by railing against things/opinions I can't possibly change. But hey, if you get your rocks off blasting each others beliefs and lifestyles then go for it... however, regarding that sick entertainment, don't count me in

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Well said Sir NoddinOff !
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

ems

Post by ems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:26 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:

Adults are expected to be able to handle some issues of disagreement. This is not pre-school.
You sure said a mouthful! Unfortunately, there are bullies in pre-school and day care. I would like to think they have parents and teachers who will guide them to be thinking, considerate adults, rather than stay bullies all of their lives.

Oh, have a fun day!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~