2014 policy on flying with distilled water?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: 2014 policy on flying with distilled water?

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll
Not feeding the troll
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
That IS just what you and the others here have done by blatantly starting an argument about what TSA has posted on their website.
Here is an example...
BlackSpinner wrote:The humidifier is not even needed to use a cpap machine, it is considered a comfort item so technically you could say the humidifier is not a medical device since it is not required.
My DME wouldn't provide a humidifier unless and until it was written on my prescription. That would make it a medical device. I am resolutely certain it is that way even in your world.

obtw- my doc told me to use distilled water when I asked.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 pm

If someone wants to haul distilled water around with them, have issues with the TSA all for nothing then good for them, they can waste their time and energy on it.
Otherwise I am through feeding trolls.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:08 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:If someone wants to haul distilled water around with them, have issues with the TSA all for nothing then good for them, they can waste their time and energy on it.
Otherwise I am through feeding trolls.
That is all the OP asked for - Policy NOT Opinion; and certainly not biased opinions.
Guest wrote:I don't understand why people can't give the OP the unbiased information asked for and allow him to make his very own decision.
What do you think of someone who when they can no longer contribute begins to call people names? Instead of admitting they erred.
a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:15 pm

webbie73 wrote:
I am not sure why anyone would want the potential hassle of going through a TSA check point with distilled water.
Guest wrote:
I am not sure where you see the hassle? Anyone boarding an aircraft will have to go thru TSA whether they have toothpaste, bubble gum, or no distilled water. They don't even need a carry on bag. So explain to me where this hassle is?

Yes, everyone does have to go through security but not everyone has to take out their "bag of goodies" (toothpaste, small tube of hand lotion etc) I don't see the need to LUG water around and slow down the screening process. the hassle comes when YOU slow the line by carrying water through security and having TSA stop to question you.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 pm

webbie73 wrote:Yes, everyone does have to go through security but not everyone has to take out their "bag of goodies" (toothpaste, small tube of hand lotion etc) I don't see the need to LUG water around and slow down the screening process. the hassle comes when YOU slow the line by carrying water through security and having TSA stop to question you.
Maybe YOU should take that up with the TSA and use you regular username. Maybe you all should stop carrying you laptops and ipods.

I think changing the TSA's policy and procedure is beyond the scope of a cpap users forum. Obviously you don't, so try again with a different username. What do they call that when you have sock puppets?

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Guest wrote:
webbie73 wrote:Yes, everyone does have to go through security but not everyone has to take out their "bag of goodies" (toothpaste, small tube of hand lotion etc) I don't see the need to LUG water around and slow down the screening process. the hassle comes when YOU slow the line by carrying water through security and having TSA stop to question you.
Maybe YOU should take that up with the TSA and use you regular username. Maybe you all should stop carrying you laptops and ipods.

I think changing the TSA's policy and procedure is beyond the scope of a cpap users forum. Obviously you don't, so try again with a different username. What do they call that when you have sock puppets?
What are you talking about? What is wrong with my username? Why would I "try again with a different username"?

For your information my nickname is Webbie and I graduated in '73. In my opinion I at least registered with the forum unlike "Guest"

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Found this posted by one of the many faces of webbie73, apparently he just wanted to argue in this thread...
webbie73 wrote:I am not sure if you are just carrying your cpap on a plane as carry on or if you want to use it on a plane.
If you are just taking your cpap on as carry on there is no problem. I use a roller carry on and I just put it up in the overhead bin. Even going through security is now a breeze. You don't even have to take it out! I fly all the time and never have a problem. Just recently TSA changed the policy about Cpap. It is so nice to breeze through security now!

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Guest wrote:Found this posted by one of the many faces of webbie73, apparently he just wanted to argue in this thread...
webbie73 wrote:I am not sure if you are just carrying your cpap on a plane as carry on or if you want to use it on a plane.
If you are just taking your cpap on as carry on there is no problem. I use a roller carry on and I just put it up in the overhead bin. Even going through security is now a breeze. You don't even have to take it out! I fly all the time and never have a problem. Just recently TSA changed the policy about Cpap. It is so nice to breeze through security now!
WOW!
I was not being trying to start an arguement. In fact I thought I was being helpful in the last post about using a carry on. As far as the distilled water, it is my opinion. I have the right to that I believe.

You jumped on my post immediately in attack mode. You have something against my screen name. You even searched the forum looking for any posts I might have written. "The many faces of Webbie" WOW What is your problem?

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Let me take you back...
webbie73 wrote:I am not sure why anyone would want the potential hassle of going through a TSA check point with distilled water. Or for that matter lug distilled water all over an airport. It is not needed. Bottled water is available in any hotel and can be safely used in a cpap machine.

I celebrated this summer when TSA finally decided that Cpap machines no longer need to be taken out of a carry on!!!!!!!!
Others do need and use distilled. In fact that is the subject of this thread you are posting in...
2014 policy on flying with distilled water?
Certainly you are entitled to your opinion but no need to force it on others PLUS I don't see where he was asking for opinions. Show me where he is.

wardmiller

Post by wardmiller » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Way, way back in this thread someone said RedMed has a letter on their Web site about taking distilled water through the TSA check point. I think the statement was mentioned a second time. I specifically asked the original poster of that statement to kindly give us a link to the letter. I never saw a reply, so I wrote to ResMed and asked about such a letter.

Today I got a reply from ResMed. It said there was no such letter on their Web site, but they did give me the following link about traveling with the machine.
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/s ... pment.html

When writers here say "Medicare/my insurance company says. . . . " I always ask for a link to the specific source. Most of the time there is no response. This appears to be a similar situation.

miketaylor

Post by miketaylor » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:42 am

BlackSpinner wrote:The reason you should use distilled water is to prevent mineral build up in your tank. That is it, the only reason. This can be prevented by a weekly rinse with vinegar and water. Otherwise any water that is safe to drink can be used.
Your very wrong about that. Most tap water contains handfuls of chemicals they used to treat the water (fluoride, chlorine & much more). It also has minerals and other things. The EPA only regulates certain chemicals in our water. Everything else is not accounted for! You don't want to be inhaling these chemicals all night. You MUST use distilled water.

People actually drink that crap! Anything coming out of a faucet is NOT good for you. It upsets homeostatic mechanisms and contains many endocrine-disrupting compounds.

Distilled water removes toxins from your body and has a ppm of 0. Its pure. Its ph is 7.

This information was found from reputable sources.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:30 am

Citation(s), please? You must have a vested interest in distilled water sales.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 am

RicaLynn wrote:
Citation(s), please? You must have a vested interest in distilled water sales.
obviously BS.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SockPuppet

Post by SockPuppet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 am

Guest wrote: What do they call that when you have sock puppets?
You rang?