CA count in SleepHead and sleep Hygeine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: CA count in SleepHead and sleep Hygeine

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:47 pm

StephenR wrote: is there something I can post that would help??
maybe... a zoomed in shot where you're having a lot of those centrals, zoomed in enough that we can see the waveform of indiviual breaths.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm

I doubt sleep /wake /junk in the sleep aid nights. I think those centrals are likely the real deal on the sleep aid nights because he slept good on those nights..
I think that the not so many central nights without the sleep aid are likely just because not much sleep was obtained...light sleep and all that.
StephenR wrote:is there something I can post that would help??
Unfortunately no, we can zoom in on the breathing patterns and maybe get sort of an idea but we can't tell with any certainty.

Zoom way in...like on just a couple of events. To do that to that level...on the events tab click on one event that is surrounded by other events and the graph will automatically zoom in on that event and include a few other around it. Then we can see the breathing pattern itself but if your PR S1 didn't flag periodic breathing...it's unlikely we would see much. The one report that shows PB doesn't have a lot of centrals in the PB...so that's not CSRish PB.
Now it might show big spikes in breathing near those events which might be awake/semi awake big breath...lots of maybes though and to be honest,.....with the number of centrals I don't like to put much faith in maybes.
Zopiclone isn't known to suppress respiration to that extent. Not saying it is impossible but it just isn't known to do that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone

Have you tried plain ordinary Benadryl to see if it helps as a sleep aid? You would likely need a good dose of it though. Even I need 50 to 75 mg when I take it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Image of CAs...Aug 31

This is without sleep aid...
S
Last edited by StephenR on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Was the Aug 31 night with or without a sleep aid?
Can you zoom out just a little so we can see the pattern with more normal breathing or a few more events in the image?
Not way out but out just a little so maybe 5 or 6 events show up on the graph?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Aug 31, no sleep aid...

thanks!

Stephen

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Zoom 3..Aug 31 no sleep aid...

Stephen

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Ugly even without the sleep aid so I doubt it's the sleep aid.

What is the status on your getting an in lab sleep study? When? How? What do they do up there where you live when people don't have plain jane vanilla OSA?

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:54 pm

those sure look like centrals to me, with the gradual increasing of breath, and no big gasps after the apnea.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:Ugly even without the sleep aid so I doubt it's the sleep aid.

What is the status on your getting an in lab sleep study? When? How? What do they do up there where you live when people don't have plain jane vanilla OSA?
I will be seeing my Regular Doctor on Wednesday, I am thinking of taking my laptop with me to show her the graphs, but mainly I will be begging for the sleep study, even if I have to pay out of pocket for it...I am not sure they are available unless you are on a list, but I need to try...

Stephen
Last edited by StephenR on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 pm

palerider wrote:those sure look like centrals to me, with the gradual increasing of breath, and no big gasps after the apnea.
Thanks for the support today, its been grim here...

Stephen

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 am

Another sleepless night, well 3 hours, this machine is killing me...
going to see if I can return it....

I feel worse than ever, this can't be right...

Just been reading about Naproxen, a medication I take for pain, it can cause insomnia, so what with one drug to put me to sleep (Zopiclone), and one that could keep me awake,
I have confused my body/mind more than ever, no wonder CPAP is not working for me!

Stephen

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 am

StephenR wrote:Another sleepless night, well 3 hours, this machine is killing me...
going to see if I can return it....

I feel worse than ever, this can't be right...

Just been reading about Naproxen, a medication I take for pain, it can cause insomnia, so what with one drug to put me to sleep (Zopiclone), and one that could keep me awake,
I have confused my body/mind more than ever, no wonder CPAP is not working for me!

Stephen
you're having a lot of centrals, which that machine can't handle.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am

If your main problem is centrals and they were present during the home study then you have a problem that this machine is not designed to fix. It simply can't.

If your centrals are a by product of the cpap pressure itself and you wouldn't have centrals without the cpap machine then you likely have complex sleep apnea and probably also would need a different machine.
About maybe 10 to 15 % (depending on what you read) won't have centrals without a machine but will have this happen with cpap therapy. Now I am NOT saying this is what is happening in your situation but it's not impossible and the machine that would need to be used is the same machine as is needed if you had those centrals without cpap pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-XTcf ... e=youtu.be

Would you be willing to do one experiment just to see if you reduced the pressure if the centrals reduced? Reduce the pressure to say 6 cm and don't use EPR. See what happens?

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

Pugsy wrote:If your main problem is centrals and they were present during the home study then you have a problem that this machine is not designed to fix. It simply can't.

If your centrals are a by product of the cpap pressure itself and you wouldn't have centrals without the cpap machine then you likely have complex sleep apnea and probably also would need a different machine.
About maybe 10 to 15 % (depending on what you read) won't have centrals without a machine but will have this happen with cpap therapy. Now I am NOT saying this is what is happening in your situation but it's not impossible and the machine that would need to be used is the same machine as is needed if you had those centrals without cpap pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-XTcf ... e=youtu.be

The provider is denying I have centrals, or at least any that would be a problem, but the only used the Pulse Oximeter, so....

Would you be willing to do one experiment just to see if you reduced the pressure if the centrals reduced? Reduce the pressure to say 6 cm and don't use EPR. See what happens?
I don't know how to do that, the provider got quite defensive when I asked how to do it, and told I was not too...

I will have a look later at the pressure thing...thanks both of you...

Stephen

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:18 am

The provider is denying I have centrals, or at least any that would be a problem, but the only used the Pulse Oximeter, so...
Well.......you are certainly having them now aren't you?
And in numbers where they can present a significant problem.
It's possible you didn't have any centrals on the home study...it's also possible that you did but the home study didn't use the necessary equipment to figure it out.

But you are for sure having them now and they are a big problem and it needs to be dealt with.