Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pesser

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP.com

Post by Pesser » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Wulfman:

I am now searching for the previous posts you have regarding DME providers and whether you blame the customer or the provider……I’ll keep you posted on the results of my findings. CPAP.COM IS GREAT….do not vent against them….Hooo hoooo.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:--did I miss something?
took hubby to the movies (Let's Be Cops)
I get back, and there's blood and hair all over.
Sheesh!
best I can figure, the OP got a machine that may have developed a defect after 2 days of use, and he's not happy that cpap.com won't set aside the published return policy and do him some favors that he apparently wants.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 pm

But he WANTS it!!!

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 pm

*detects a hint of Veruca Salt in the air
Julie wrote:But he WANTS it!!!

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 am

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Physician

Post by Physician » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 am

Phil587 wrote:So, you think DME's are evil, huh. Well, so is CPAP.COM

Quick story -- First, I try to do things the "right" way. Went to see my sleep Doc and got a brand new script for an auto BIPAP. I sent it to CPAP.COM and ordered a Philips Auto Bi-Level and received it in short order. Wow -- everything is going great. Well, until I started using it. Used it two nights and the damn thing proved defective. I call CPAP today to get a RMA to return the machine and learn it must go back to Philips for warranty work == there is no such thing as a replacement, even for a defective unit. Well, crap -- OK, I will order a new machine to use while the defective unit is away since I MUST have a machine for health reasons. CPAP says -- nope, cant do it. Your script calls for just one machine. I say, OK send me one because you have yet to complete the deal because you sent me a defective machine.

They *refused* to send me a machine. Some of you guys may think CPAP is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm here to tell you they will pee down your back as soon as they get your money.

Lesson learned.
Phil

Strange. Don't get it repaired. Return it. You can RETURN the machine within 30 days of purchase: https://www.cpap.com/returns.php

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 am

Physician wrote: Strange. Don't get it repaired. Return it. You can RETURN the machine within 30 days of purchase: https://www.cpap.com/returns.php
Except for this specific part of that return policy:

As this is medical equipment of a very personal nature, all machines to include CPAP, APAP, BiPAP and Humidifiers, cannot be returned once the parcel has been opened, whether the unit shows hours of usage or not. CPAP and BIPAP warranty decisions for repair or replacement are made by solely by the manufacturer.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:41 am

The main issue whether you think cpap.com is the greatest organization on this earth or if they stink to high heaven is that if a pap machine become defective under the warranty period, that the customer is treated horribly in having to wait up to 6 weeks for their machine to be repaired and being forced to spend extra money for a replacement or a rental. This is unheard of in any other situation as companies replace defective products immediately without extra expense to the customer. Why this is acceptable where the stakes are alot higher is beyond me.

49er

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:27 am

Yes, Phil AKA Phil587 AKA Robert Joseph?
Robert Joseph wrote:(June 16th)BBB rates CPAP.com with an "F" (the worst rating) for a reason. I purchased all my equipment from there, and things were fine until they weren't. They don't want to honor defective items. Instead, they'll ask that you replace what can be replaced, then Adjust the machine to the point where it doesn't do what you paid for it to du (apap, auto pressure adjustments)
When it wakes you up more than helps because it blows so hard it hurts, and the only thing you can do is reset it, well then they will tell you since it's under warranty they'll have a look but only if you pay to ship it. And unless you shell out $170.00- for a rental, you will be without your medical CPAP or APAP machine for as long as it takes, and the $170 is a recurring fee.
So I was not shocked to see the BBB rates this company with it's lowest possible rating. "F" not, A, not B, not C, not D, not E, BUT CPAP.COM IS RATED BY BBB AN "F" I thought some of you would like to know before making a decision.
Carolyn Goodman could find no such order for Robert Joseph viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98548&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 90#p918077
carolyngoodman wrote:Robert Joseph,

I sent the following email to the email you have registered for your CPAPtalk account:

Greetings,

We saw your post on CPAPtalk. We tried to look into your order, however this email address is not in our system. Also your name is not connected to an order in our system for a machine.

As Johnny replied on the thread, if you provide your information, we would be happy to look into your order.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98548&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 75#p914843

"Robert Joseph:

I looked for an order relating to your name or registered email and could not find any orders. I would like to look review your order to see is a mistake was made. You can private message me, or my wife, carolyngoodman directly so we can locate your order."

I welcome your response.

Regards,
Carolyn Goodman

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 am

Do I need to get involved here? mm?

Sheriff

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:Do I need to get involved here? mm?

Sheriff
Nah, just bring the popcorn. I like the kind that is caramel covered.

49er

Phil5 87

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP-dot-com

Post by Phil5 87 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 am

Wulfman... wrote:
Phil587 wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
Personally, I suspect you have something assembled incorrectly.

Den

LOL -- you are a real hoot. Would you care to tell the Philips engineers it's assembled wrong. They walked me through the entire process today with me texting them pictures during the process. Face it, "Den", I was shipped a defective product and the shipper refused to make it "right". Fact!

Phil
Not "fact". You refused their terms to send it back to have it sent to the factory for diagnostics or repair. You wanted them to provide you with a "freebie" replacement machine.

It's not their fault that you got a machine that had issues. You're making yourself look like an idiot in the way you're going about dealing with it.

Den

Reading comprehension is not in your skill set, is it Den? I tried to BUY another machine to use while the first one is gone for 6 to 8 weeks for "repair". I never asked for a "freebie". You are making yourself look the idiot by misrepresenting the facts. Try do do better on your reading comprehension.

Phil

Phil5 87

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host,

Post by Phil5 87 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 am

best I can figure, the OP got a machine that may have developed a defect after 2 days of use, and he's not happy that the seller won't set aside the published return policy and do him some favors that he apparently wants.
What an idiot you are. You and Den should get together and form a club of misrepresentation. The unit I purchased new from the seller was defective out of the box. It was bad when it was shipped and still is. I bought new and was shipped a defective unit. In my world, that is the shipper's responsibility to fix -- not mine. I bought in good faith and was shipped crap. Maybe if yopu and "Den" get together you can find enough brain cells to figure it out.

Phil

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:17 am

Is RobertJoseph back?
----I wonder who is paying him . . .

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP com

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 am

Don't put Den and the devil in the same boat. They are far from being close to even being in the same league. Anyone who posts here knows that.

I know you are angry and I have no idea why they wouldn't sell you another machine but work that with Johnny.