Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Denial Dave

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host, CPAP.com

Post by Denial Dave » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 am

if the OP's comments here are anything like what the phone conversations were like.

I'd have put the OP on the "do not sell list" too.

Just sayin

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 am

From my standpoint, I have a problem with public bashing of a company over a specific incident.

A few weeks back, I had a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience with our Wireless company (notice I am not mentioning which company). I spent HOURS on the phone, got wrong information, was promised something, then told it couldn't be done, had an order cancelled by a manager, etc. I was beside myself with fury.

Never once did I consider going online and telling people how awful the company is. I took my complaints up the chain, by phone and email, PRIVATELY, and didn't make it my mission in life to publicly bash them.

And while I still have a problem with how my situation was handled, by proceeding the way I did, I finally got it fixed. And I continue doing business with them and am about to buy a new phone and commit to another 2-year contract.

That's how professional people handle problems.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am

Denial Dave wrote:if the OP's comments here are anything like what the phone conversations were like.

I'd have put the OP on the "do not sell list" too.
+1

http://www.notalwaysright.com

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

library lady wrote:.... no one here is going to stop buying from cpap.com on the basis of a whining arrogant twit's rant....
I like your phrasing.

library lady

Post by library lady » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am

Madalot wrote:From my standpoint, I have a problem with public bashing of a company over a specific incident.
AMEN!!

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:01 am

I guess I'm confused.

If--if--I am understanding the OP's situation correctly, he was already in possession of a BiPAP from his DME when he received the new machine from CPAP.com, which was an AutoBiPAP that he wanted to try out.

The new machine proved to be defective, and CPAP.com says that it therefore needs to be sent to PR for repair/replacement.

He's not going to be without a machine while the new machine is sent to PR, right? Can't he just keep using the BiPAP he already has?

He said on July 11:
Phil587 wrote:I will not be dealing with my "local people" for my new machine. I am going to purchase it outright and one or the other (probably the one I have now) will be regulated to backup and travel unit status. I intend to get a copy of my scrip that will allow me to purchase the machine I feel I need instead of an arbitray selection by some gomer/gomerette at my DME. They have already made enough mistakes to let me know I need to be in charge of my own therapy -- doctor monitored, of course.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote:I guess I'm confused.

If--if--I am understanding the OP's situation correctly, he was already in possession of a BiPAP from his DME when he received the new machine from CPAP.com, which was an AutoBiPAP that he wanted to try out.

The new machine proved to be defective, and CPAP.com says that it therefore needs to be sent to PR for repair/replacement.

He's not going to be without a machine while the new machine is sent to PR, right? Can't he just keep using the BiPAP he already has?

He said on July 11:
Phil587 wrote:I will not be dealing with my "local people" for my new machine. I am going to purchase it outright and one or the other (probably the one I have now) will be regulated to backup and travel unit status. I intend to get a copy of my scrip that will allow me to purchase the machine I feel I need instead of an arbitray selection by some gomer/gomerette at my DME. They have already made enough mistakes to let me know I need to be in charge of my own therapy -- doctor monitored, of course.
I went back to the beginning and I think many are a bit confused. If I'm NOT confused, the defective unit is the ONLY machine the OP has at this time. He referred to it as his "backup unit" assuming he could get another unit (meaning when the defective one was returned, it would become his backup). He said that cpap.com refused to sell him another machine, thus why he's upset.

Am I way off base on the facts?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 am

Madalot wrote:I went back to the beginning and I think many are a bit confused. If I'm NOT confused, the defective unit is the ONLY machine the OP has at this time. He referred to it as his "backup unit" assuming he could get another unit (meaning when the defective one was returned, it would become his backup).
He has a PR system one Pro BiPap and bought the 760 Auto because he wanted the ability to have the pressures auto adjust.
See this thread where we helped him sort out the changes from Pro fixed pressures to suitable auto pressures.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100152&p=932690#p932690
The Pro I believe was the machine to be delegated to backup/travel status.
He's not without a machine...he just is without the machine he wanted to use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Madalot wrote:I went back to the beginning and I think many are a bit confused. If I'm NOT confused, the defective unit is the ONLY machine the OP has at this time. He referred to it as his "backup unit" assuming he could get another unit (meaning when the defective one was returned, it would become his backup).
He has a PR system one Pro BiPap and bought the 760 Auto because he wanted the ability to have the pressures auto adjust.
See this thread where we helped him sort out the changes from Pro fixed pressures to suitable auto pressures.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100152&p=932690#p932690
The Pro I believe was the machine to be delegated to backup/travel status.
He's not without a machine...he just is without the machine he wanted to use.
Ah. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification, Pugsy!

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am

Phil, I'm sorry that you haven't gotten what you wanted and based on the facts you have stated, it sounds like you should have been able to buy another machine. It has been my experience that when I can maintain my cool and talk patiently with a customer service representative, I usually get at least part of what I want. However, when I let my anger take over, I rarely get what I want. I wonder how much of your problem was due to the sales rep wanting to get you off the phone because you were an abusive jerk?

nan not signed in

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host,

Post by nan not signed in » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:42 am

I see TROLL written all over this .... or he bad mouthed the salesperson at our hosts office and they just refused to deal with him. Sounds VERY plausible friends, I would just drop this thread from replying any further, his potty mouth and anger are getting the best of him and nothing you have to say will change his mind (if he is for real that is).

ems

Post by ems » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am

I forgot all about this thread... and it was recent too...

I'm beginning to understand the OP's problem, altho not the majority of his responses. My mommy always told me that honey and sugar work much better than sour milk and vinegar. (Um... I think that's the wording)

And 49er --- you and I like the same kind of popcorn!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 am

Pretty sure we're talking amongst ourselves at this point, since "Phil's" last posts were as unregistered guests...

Wulfman...

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am

Seanster wrote:Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, you're conflating terms. Was the product "defective"? Or was it damaged at the time of sale? Or was it damaged during shipment?

If the product was damaged during shipment, it's likely the shipper's (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) responsibility to undertake an investigation and compensate you, assuming that shipping insurance coverage was part of the S&H.

If the product was defective (that is, has a latent defect), the retailer's terms of sale state that the customer must contact the manufacturer for warranty repairs. The retailer, in other words, provides no separate warranty or repair.

I can't speak to whether the retailer's policy is fair or not. The answer may depend whether it's normal practice in the DME industry. That being said, it appears that the retailer takes this position because it cannot resell DME that has been opened and/or used, due to health regulation-related concerns. (A good policy, by the way, because I don't want to buy a CPAP that's been used in someone else's house for even a day or two, given my problems with pet dander, mold, etc.) Therefore the retailer defers to the expertise of the manufacturer to determine whether the product is truly defective or whether the buyer is merely having buyer's remorse.

Another possibility is that the retailer sold you a product that it knew to be broken (that is, damaged as opposed to a latent defect). That's certainly possible, but it would be difficult to prove. Therefore, if you're dealing with a product that was damaged during shipment, you're better off working with the shipper, because the shipper will be in a superior position to investigate the claim with the retailer.

Good luck with your issue. Unfortunately finding a solution is not always easy. There are two sides to such issues: The consumer deserves delivery of a working product, but the retailer needs reasonable protection against return of goods that cannot be resold and, in some cases, against fraud, which has become all too prevalent in the US.
You've left out another option. That the user damaged the machine AFTER he received it and is trying to claim that it was "defective" upon use.

He also "claims" to have discussed it with techs from PR. We have absolutely no way of knowing whether that's true or not. In most case, actually being able to talk to the techs at those companies is "slim and none".

This is just another sham and an attempt to smear CPAP-dot-COM.

Den

Day_Dreamer

Re: Don't Buy From Our Host

Post by Day_Dreamer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Phil5 87 wrote:[

What *everybody* seems to be missing or not understanding in this entire conversation is I had AGREED with the return policy, even though it sucks and is not the way a normal business is conducted in this country. What I have a problem with is they REFUSED to SELL me another unit so I would have something to use while the first is being repaired. See? I tried my best to BUY ANOTHER UNIT. Read, people, read and understand.

Phil
OK... so you are not happy with your purchase and it needs warranty repair.

You are not getting the service you feel you deserve.

SO you attempt to buy another machine from the SAME vendor who you had issues with.

Why?

Read, but far from understood....
Last edited by Day_Dreamer on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.