should i print detail data in rescan for doctor to see?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
englandsf

Re: Hello again its been a while

Post by englandsf » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

palerider wrote:
englandsf wrote:Keep the humidity low too - and no ramp! - blast those nostrils open! Let us know how it goes..
why do you refuse to 'get' the fact that not everybodies nose is like yours?
That's a two way street, sir.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:45 pm

englandsf wrote:
palerider wrote:
englandsf wrote:Keep the humidity low too - and no ramp! - blast those nostrils open! Let us know how it goes..
why do you refuse to 'get' the fact that not everybodies nose is like yours?
That's a two way street, sir.
I have no idea what you, in your typical manner, are babbling about.

you tell people to do what works for you, without any consideration of the fact that it does not work for everyone, and pugsy often ends up coming in and pointing this out to correct your misinformation.

you've got some good ideas, that will help some people. but everyone is not stamped out of the same mold you are.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 pm

What I mean - as usual - is that we are both entitled to express our points of view, you no less than me and vice versa.

Very simple - Luke, I am sure, will take everything we tell him with a pinch of salt. Isotonic nose rinse salt.

luke1985

Post by luke1985 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:28 pm

https://www.facebook.com/sinusrinse/app_160430850678443 Here is the link to free Neilmed free sinus rinse. Must like on Facebook, watch a quick video about the product, and read a little about there sinuses rinse on the link I provided. Also, have to complete an easy 18 questions on it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 pm

englandsf wrote:What I mean - as usual - is that we are both entitled to express our points of view, you no less than me and vice versa.
only, (and this is for Luke's benefit) your point of view is WRONG in that you believe everybody should do as you do.

if you quit saying that was the solution for everybody, in every case, then I'd have no problem with you, or your advice, becuase, for *SOME* people, it's very good advice, and will likely help *SOME* people.

but not *everyone*.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 pm

If I have implied I am giving instructions rather than sharing experiences and encouragement I apologize

luke1985

Post by luke1985 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm

I feel you are just trying to give me suggestions. Thanks for everyone ones suggestions. If I can help others I will try but I am still new myself. Lets hope I can keep the mask on all night.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm

englandsf wrote:If I have implied I am giving instructions rather than sharing experiences and encouragement I apologize
you'll remember, good sir, that what sparked this was your post:
englandsf wrote:englandsf wrote:Keep the humidity low too - and no ramp! - blast those nostrils open! Let us know how it goes..
now, to the uninitiated, that might not sound like a sharing of experience. it might seem to be a directive.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:49 pm

luke1985 wrote:I feel you are just trying to give me suggestions. Thanks for everyone ones suggestions. If I can help others I will try but I am still new myself. Lets hope I can keep the mask on all night.
finding the right mask is often one of the hardest things for people... just don't give up! hopefully you'll find what works best for you soon.

our lego guy has some good ideas, he's just a bit .... one sided sometimes

luke1985

Post by luke1985 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:09 pm

I will not give up. I am determined to make this work. Have been through 3 masks all by Resmed. Swift fx, airfit p10 (current one I use) mirage, and other ffm. I found I don't like ffm. I know I like pillows. Really like the p10 but if I keep taking it off at night and dont remember it maybe its time to try another pillow one from a different company than resmed. Sorry resmed I am running out of options of mask selection.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

luke1985 wrote:I will not give up. I am determined to make this work. Have been through 3 masks all by Resmed. Swift fx, airfit p10 (current one I use) mirage, and other ffm. I found I don't like ffm. I know I like pillows. Really like the p10 but if I keep taking it off at night and dont remember it maybe its time to try another pillow one from a different company than resmed. Sorry resmed I am running out of options of mask selection.
the question is *why* do you keep taking it off at night? is your nose sore, or is the strap slipping off your head?

I've just started trying the p10, and I like it in a lot of ways, but it hurt my nose at first, still does a bit. following the recommendation of lots of folks here, i got some lanolin cream, (lansinoh in particular, though there are probably others) it's for nursing mothers to put on their dry chapped nipples before the sucker latches back on... (I got smacked for calling it 'titty cream') but just a tiny bit on the nose (maybe half the size of a bb) on the nose before masking up makes a really big difference, and then maybe more in the morning.

if, on the other hand, the strap is sliding off your pillow as you move around.. I haven't quite come up with a solution to that yet. though pulling one half of it, or both halves down low might work, I'm experimenting. I had it pop off when I turned over night before last, but I noticed it and stuck it back on.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Maybe try a Dropcam to record what happens?

I too find the p10 straps to be odd - I currently have one high and one low and wash it once a week to maintain stretch

Found one of the pillow inner liners had inverted the other night after it felt odd for a while.

luke1985

Post by luke1985 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Nose does not sore. Maybe its sliding off or my body is still getting used to it and its trying to reject it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Sometimes people just take the mask off in the middle of the night and there's no real reason and they don't remember doing it and they wake up with the mask sitting nicely folded on top of the machine...this includes full face masks that are a lot harder to remove than the P10. The brain just wants the "alien thing" gone and doesn't realize that it's a good thing. With time the brain normally will grow to accept the mask as a good friend and no longer try to get rid of it in the middle of the night.

If this is what you are doing...try putting a little tape over the straps on your cheeks just enough so that the removal process will cause a bit of discomfort and hopefully wake you up enough so you can stop the unwanted behavior.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

luke1985

Post by luke1985 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:02 pm

I will try that tip tonight, thank you.