She has abdominal gas and bloating. ?Prilosec

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nick Danger

Re: She has abdominal gas and bloating. ?Prilosec

Post by Nick Danger » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 am

LSAT wrote:I have found that Gas X does little for me since the aerophagia is mostly air...not gas. You are not doing yourself any favors by ignoring your acid reflux problem. It could get worse and develop into something very serious. Hopefully you are being examined by a good GI regularly.
Untreated GERD reduces quality of life and can be deadly. It may not be as dangerous as untreated OSA, but stomach acid eating away at your esophagus over a period of years is not a good thing.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:46 pm

There's a link in my signature line to a youtube video with a possible fix for gas.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

sgifford

Post by sgifford » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 pm

LSAT thanks for the healthy eating link, was interesting read. I've have aerophagia from the start of CPAP in 2006 and just went to a vegetarian diet about a year ago, so there's no connection there. Also when I don't use my CPAP machine I have no aerophagia.

Archangle thanks, found the link & watched the YouTube video, it will be easy to try. And was surprised to see all the other videos on CPAP!! Who knew?