Partner finds CPAP disturbing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Partner finds CPAP disturbing

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:33 pm

daytona wrote:
palerider wrote:he won't be able to hear yours over the noise his is making *lol*
Doh! You are right, I may need to get sneaky which is not something I am naturally good at... Maybe my sleepy head graphs will peak his interest.
you'll have to be playing with yours while he's still awake, and when he goes "why don't you have it turned on?" you'll go "but, honey, it *IS* on!!!!

and, yeah, the sleepyhead graphs could very well help

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 pm

palerider wrote:when he goes "why don't you have it turned on?" you'll go "but, honey, it *IS* on!!!!
My husband doesn't need a cpap machine but he was the one to put his foot up my behind to make me get tested. So when he thinks I am sleeping without the machine he's real quick to poke me in the side and say "put your mask on"...
well these newer machines are darn near silent so he would wake up and not hear anything and yep...go poke me in the side to wake me up and tell me to put the mask on. Highly annoying when the mask was on and he would wake me up from a good sleep and after about 10 times of getting poke in the side I had to "educate" him on how to just put his hand in front of my face so he could feel the vented air...then he would know I had the mask on.

Now..with the new P10 nasal pillow mask which essentially has almost no vented air moving enough to feel....he can't hear or feel the vented air so he is back to poking me in the side again. Maybe I need to get an old machine that roars for him.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote:when he goes "why don't you have it turned on?" you'll go "but, honey, it *IS* on!!!!
Now..with the new P10 nasal pillow mask which essentially has almost no vented air moving enough to feel....he can't hear or feel the vented air so he is back to poking me in the side again. Maybe I need to get an old machine that roars for him.
if you're still using the vpap adapt, tell him that if the little green light is on, then you're not using it, but if the little green light is off, QUIT POKIN ME! *lol*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 pm

palerider wrote:if you're still using the vpap adapt, tell him that if the little green light is on, then you're not using it, but if the little green light is off, QUIT POKIN ME! *lol*

No, no that won't work. He's red/green color blind. He would laugh his ass off if I told him that.
And yeah, I am still using the Adapt. I really like it....sigh.. which means I probably need to find another one or a PR S1 960 (which I am curious about). No money for such luxuries right now though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote:if you're still using the vpap adapt, tell him that if the little green light is on, then you're not using it, but if the little green light is off, QUIT POKIN ME! *lol*

No, no that won't work. He's red/green color blind. He would laugh his ass off if I told him that.
And yeah, I am still using the Adapt. I really like it....sigh.. which means I probably need to find another one or a PR S1 960 (which I am curious about). No money for such luxuries right now though.
hey, it could still work.. the light's green if not on, and blue at first when on, but then it goes out...

if he sees the little light on, then you're not using it...