I just changed my machine RESMED 10 air sense auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
todd2968

I just changed my machine RESMED 10 air sense auto

Post by todd2968 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm still trying to figure this out (got it yesterday) after my first night I used it for several hours, but now found my sleepy head will not read the SD card
Is there another free program To read this or is the machine too new?

BTW I had a Remed s9 elite and switched because I was offered an AUTO!!

palerider

Re: I just changed my machine RESMED 10 air sense auto

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:35 pm

todd2968 wrote:I'm still trying to figure this out (got it yesterday) after my first night I used it for several hours, but now found my sleepy head will not read the SD card
Is there another free program To read this or is the machine too new?

BTW I had a Remed s9 elite and switched because I was offered an AUTO!!
no, SH won't read the card yet, however, if you zip up the card and email it to jedimark, you'll be helping to get SH reading the data sooner.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:40 pm

The latest version of ResScan allows the selection of the s10 - I don't have an s10, so don't know if it actually crunches the data. The most recent release of ResScan was just a couple of weeks before the release of the s10 - so I would assume that was one of the key purposes of the release.

todd2968

Post by todd2968 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:43 pm

I understand this is a very new product and let me at least share my findings (what little information I have

The new pillow air fir P10 is really nice and light with only one strap split one the end to go top and bottom of back of head.
The machine reads to an SD card. I verified there is data on it, it just will not be read by sleepy head program
It is also either bluetooth or wifi for auto send to your DR or you can put on airplane mode.
The machine is an auto but my provider set it to manual my 8cm but after I asked she showed me how to set to auto
Extremely quiet my wife cannot hear a thing.
It has an auto humidifier which seems to work perfectly(one night) my last machine kept changing temp or drowning me with water, so I mostly ran it dry.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask

todd2968

Post by todd2968 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:45 pm

no, SH won't read the card yet, however, if you zip up the card and email it to jedimark, you'll be helping to get SH reading the data sooner.[/quote]

I figured that but could not find jedimark's email address thanks

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:56 pm

I just started reading about this new machine this morning. I was psyched at first but the more I read the less I feel like upgrading my S9 with humidifier which is something I wouldn't mind doing. I am wondering how it's actually a more effective cpap machine over the S9 auto. How will it help users get a better night sleep? I see it looks nice, is lighter, and has some new data features but I am not seeing how it will help me lower my AHI or keep it consistently low.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:06 pm

todd2968 wrote:no, SH won't read the card yet, however, if you zip up the card and email it to jedimark, you'll be helping to get SH reading the data sooner.
I figured that but could not find jedimark's email address thanks[/quote]

pm sent

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:18 pm

soundersfootballclub wrote:I just started reading about this new machine this morning. I was psyched at first but the more I read the less I feel like upgrading my S9 with humidifier which is something I wouldn't mind doing. I am wondering how it's actually a more effective cpap machine over the S9 auto. How will it help users get a better night sleep? I see it looks nice, is lighter, and has some new data features but I am not seeing how it will help me lower my AHI or keep it consistently low.

If you want a machine that will lower your AHI and keep it consistently low, one could very well go with a much cheaper data capable machine than an S9 auto and get similar or better results. CPAPS are not perfect, miracle machines after all. Most people went with the S9 because of data, aesthetics, color-screen, reputation and, well, its what their sleep MD/DME stocked. People will now start doing the same with the S10, for the same reasons. Remember most xPAP users never, ever get the opportunity to test drive their machines. Most end up taking what they get and that's it, for five more years....

The improvements of the S10 seem mainly from a usability and aesthetic perspective -- smaller footprint, better screen, cellular connection to allow easier data review than mailing in SIM chips, etc. ResMed certainly isn't going to come out and proclaim the actual mechanics or efficacy of the new system is so much better than the old S9 system they still currently sell, or that the old system was sub-par, after all.

Reviewers who had an S9 and S10 will soon likely start comparing and discussing that aspect online -- i.e., whether the S10 is much quieter, or easier to use, with better resulting AHIs, or exhalation relief, etc.

No, the S10 is not the revolutionary update that most people have been waiting for, alas. More of an mild, incremental improvement. It doesn't even have a clock for goodness sakes (that clock thing is my big hang up.... lol).

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:25 pm

hyperlexis wrote:
If you want a machine that will lower your AHI and keep it consistently low, one could very well go with a much cheaper data capable machine than an S9 auto and get similar or better results. CPAPS are not perfect, miracle machines after all. Most people went with the S9 because of data, aesthetics, color-screen, reputation and, well, its what their sleep MD/DME stocked. People will now start doing the same with the S10, for the same reasons. Remember most xPAP users never, ever get the opportunity to test drive their machines. Most end up taking what they get and that's it, for five more years....
Thanks for the response! So it appears this "upgrade" is not what people like me were looking/hoping for. Are there other machines currently on the market that you have found are more effective CPAP machines. At this point I use data less and less, what I really want is to have my machine help me minimize my apnea events. I am rarely under 5. I feel fine where I am at during the day but I don't feel great and full of energy all day.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:01 pm

The improvements of the S10 seem mainly from a usability and aesthetic perspective -- smaller footprint, better screen, cellular connection to allow easier data review than mailing in SIM chips, etc. ResMed certainly isn't going to come out and proclaim the actual mechanics or efficacy of the new system is so much better than the old S9 system they still currently sell, or that the old system was sub-par, after all.

Reviewers who had an S9 and S10 will soon likely start comparing and discussing that aspect online -- i.e., whether the S10 is much quieter, or easier to use, with better resulting AHIs, or exhalation relief, etc.

No, the S10 is not the revolutionary update that most people have been waiting for, alas. More of an mild, incremental improvement. It doesn't even have a clock for goodness sakes (that clock thing is my big hang up.... lol).
Agree 100%! Trading from an S9 Elite up to an AirSense seems to me a bit like waiting in line with your iPhone 4s for the midnight release of the 5s. Sure, there are going to be some improvements, but are they really worth all the hype around the release? You'd be money ahead to figure out how to make the features of the 4s you already own work for you to achieve the desired results. In other words, if you're using the same input (pressure settings) from the S9 on your shiny new AirSense, chances are you're not going to see any significant change in your AHI unless you change any number of other variables. The machine can still only work with the data it's given.

But I'm a newbie at this and I could be totally off my rocker...

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm

RicaLynn wrote: Agree 100%! Trading from an S9 Elite up to an AirSense seems to me a bit like waiting in line with your iPhone 4s for the midnight release of the 5s. Sure, there are going to be some improvements, but are they really worth all the hype around the release? You'd be money ahead to figure out how to make the features of the 4s you already own work for you to achieve the desired results. In other words, if you're using the same input (pressure settings) from the S9 on your shiny new AirSense, chances are you're not going to see any significant change in your AHI unless you change any number of other variables. The machine can still only work with the data it's given.

But I'm a newbie at this and I could be totally off my rocker...
The new iPhone 4s is coming out next week, you know what the s stands for? SUCKERS -- Craig Ferguson

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Now is probably a good time to suggest that owners of the S10 donate $$ to jedimark to support his efforts with sleepyhead.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

todd2968

Post by todd2968 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I changed because I was offered an auto, not because newer model and I due for a new machine with my insurance (tricare prime). They actually called me and asked. I researched it and I hate taking the first model anything but figured long established company.
The features that are different from one night used is automatic humidity control instead of the manual 1-10 where the 1 was flooding me out and it would go cold in the middle of the night.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:10 pm

todd2968 wrote:I changed because I was offered an auto, not because newer model and I due for a new machine with my insurance (tricare prime). They actually called me and asked. I researched it and I hate taking the first model anything but figured long established company.
The features that are different from one night used is automatic humidity control instead of the manual 1-10 where the 1 was flooding me out and it would go cold in the middle of the night.
btw, I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong humidifier on your profile now

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Didn't see this in this thread, but if you go over to the apnea board, and find the posting by "healthcareworker", you can get an installable binary for the new version of ResScan that works with the AirSense series, or you can use this URL to request ResScan 5.1 *smile*:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... hines-only