Noise on inhale Philips Res med

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SlS72

Noise on inhale Philips Res med

Post by SlS72 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 pm

It seems like my machine is breathing with me. Every inhale it is louder like it is also taking a breath. Can I do something to eliminate this?

palerider

Re: Noise on inhale Philips Res med

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:36 pm

what kind of machine?

philips and resmed are two different companies, and each make many machines.

what you posted is like saying "I'm having a funny noise from my ford chevy"

look on the label on the back or bottom for a REF number, what is it? (and don't turn it over without taking the humidifier tank out first, if you're using one.)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 pm

If you are new to CPAP therapy there are some helpful things to do:

1. Get a copy of your sleep study and your sleep titration study. They have interesting information that will help in understanding your therapy

2. Get a copy of your prescription for your own records. It will be necessary if you choose to change DME's or order online

3. Post your equipment. There is a link on how to do this in my signature block below. Please select TEXT as a display choice as many CPAP machines and masks appear similar but are significantly different

4. If you need to post images of your reports, there is a link in my signature block on how to post using PhotoBucket.com

5. While the LCD display is somewhat useful, it is better to use one of the reporting software programs to get detailed information on your therapy. The two available for Respironics machines are: Encore (Basic or Pro) and SleepyHead.
If you have a ResMed machine, the SleepyHead and ResScan are the programs of choice.

6. You should clarify which manufacturer you have: Respironics or ResMed.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

SLS72

Post by SLS72 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 pm

I have Philips System One with Humidifyer. Rem star pro with C-flex

Thanks for responding. What else do you need to know to help me?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:49 pm

SLS72 wrote:I have Philips System One with Humidifyer. Rem star pro with C-flex
if you mean a slight hum and whine that varies with your breathing, that's just what those do.

tricks to minimise hearing the noise, put it on a low table, or a box near the floor, or even in a box, to help deaden the noise.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

swankgirl

Post by swankgirl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 pm

I also have the RemStar Pro CPAP and mine also seems to breathe with me, i know exactly what you mean.
It's a little annoying, and i often wake up in the middle of the night thinking someone is vacuuming in the next room or downstairs: it's the back and forth slight change in pitch.
I wonder if the s9 autoset is more quiet, or at the very least, more constant.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Water in the humidifier sometimes helps quiet the machine down somewhat if you don't already fill it.
Placing the machine at a slightly lower level than your head will also help.
Putting a mouse pad under the machine to cushion it also helps with the noise.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 pm

swankgirl wrote:I also have the RemStar Pro CPAP and mine also seems to breathe with me, i know exactly what you mean.
It's a little annoying, and i often wake up in the middle of the night thinking someone is vacuuming in the next room or downstairs: it's the back and forth slight change in pitch.
I wonder if the s9 autoset is more quiet, or at the very least, more constant.
in my limited experience, the s9 machines are quieter than the prs1. I had a prs160 auto, that I got for myself, and didn't like it for a variety of nitpicky reasons, so I went looking for a s9 autoset, stumbled upon a vpap auto instead, and moved the prs160 auto over to my bedmate.

the rising and falling whine, though quiet, and drowned out by the air conditioner... was enough to annoy me into locating another S9, and demoting the 560 to the closet, to await disposition.

some of the s9 machines, at certain pressures and hose configurations may make a little wheeze sound on inhale or exhale, but I can't hear the motor whine at all.. (unless I hold the machine up and press my ear to it).

ymmv, offer void where prohibited, don't try this at home, batteries not included, and other standard disclaimers apply.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:06 pm

SLS72 wrote:I have Philips System One with Humidifyer. Rem star pro with C-flex

Sounds like it could be the pressure variation in breathing because of the C-Flex setting.

What is your machine's pressure setting and what is the C-Flex setting?

Have you checked all of the hose and humidifier chamber connections for leaks?

It's kind of hard trying to diagnose some of these things by brief descriptions.

Have you taken it to your DME? (place that gave it to you) Or, have they come out to your residence to check it out?

Den

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Wulfman... wrote: Sounds like it could be the pressure variation in breathing because of the C-Flex setting.
even without cflex, the blower speed rises and falls with breathing, to maintain the set pressure, it may not in the older models, but in the prs1 and s9 machines, you can hear them speeding up and slowing down, even with xflex/epr turned off. they try really hard to keep a set pressure

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote: Sounds like it could be the pressure variation in breathing because of the C-Flex setting.
even without cflex, the blower speed rises and falls with breathing, to maintain the set pressure, it may not in the older models, but in the prs1 and s9 machines, you can hear them speeding up and slowing down, even with xflex/epr turned off. they try really hard to keep a set pressure
It's true with the older ones, too. I turned my C-Flex off about a year and a half ago and noticed there's still a variation in the sound when exhaling against the fixed pressure.
Problem with trying to diagnose some of these situations is we don't know what someone's perception of "noise" is.
I know some of mine do have SOME variation in the sound they produce, but I've not had any that are truly "noisy". In some cases, they may quiet down even more after having been running for awhile.
My original Pro 2 machine developed a "wheeze" in the C-Flex cycle at about a year (2006). Sent it off to the factory under warranty (through CPAP-dot-COM) and it's been super quiet ever since.

Den

mylittleangie

Post by mylittleangie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Hello to all!

I know this is off the subject, but Wulfman, I just read a post a little earlier where someone said you weren't a registered user and you said that you were registered since like 2005.
(through CPAP-dot-COM)
You just typed that in your last post. I'm not a registered user either and the forum wont let me post any kid of web address since I'm not registered. If you are registered then you can type out the web address as it should be... also, if you were registered your name would be in blue as a link for people to click on and it would show how many posts and all that stuff.

Instead of going around telling people you are a registered member, why don't you just register? I mean I am new here and want to know if there is a reason not to register like yourself

mprince2026

Post by mprince2026 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Just as I thought. If a registered user posts to the forum while logged out and uses any other type of name, it will still show who the registered name is. Therefore wulfman....you ARE NOT a registered user.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:14 pm

mprince2026 wrote:Just as I thought. If a registered user posts to the forum while logged out and uses any other type of name, it will still show who the registered name is. Therefore wulfman....you ARE NOT a registered user.
This is from my profile you dum-bass.
I just choose not to log in anymore.

Den

Wulfman

(4) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting=12 cm (straight CPAP)
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 pm

And, besides.......I've used this "non-logged-in" user name for almost as long as I've been on the forum. I probably have nearly as many non-logged-in posts as I do logged-in ones.

Give it a rest.

Den