Benefit sale to help DoriC

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
STL Mark

Benefit sale to help DoriC

Post by STL Mark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:59 am

Doreen (and Mike) have been good friends of ours on this forum for a long time. Mike is currently at home on hospice care. Private caregivers are being hired out of pocket to assist with Mike's care and money is quite tight for their family. Doreen has asked and I have offered to help her in selling some of her machines and other equipment. Doreen is very overwhelmed with the responsibilities she has at home. Mike is no longer a candidate for CPAP treatment and she has many items which can be sold to assist with these costs.

How you can help
Give generously if you can use any of the items in the below sale. If I have suggested a price that seems too high, feel free to make an offer. I will keep no portion of the funds received for my benefit all proceeds will go directly to Doreen. I will provide clear documentation of all transactions as an audit in a below post called Items Sold. There will also be an Items for Sale post in this thread. I am also looking for donations of salable items. I can provide you with a shipping address to send the items to me, or you can provide me with a clear and accurate description of the item and I will let you know when it has sold and the buyers name. I can provide postage fees if you need them to assist with packaging and shipping the item to the buyer. I have provided Doreen with an advance of proceeds to assist her, if you are in a position to make a cash donation I can assist with getting that to Doreen or get permission from her to share her contact information with you.

I will continue to edit the top three posts as needed to keep people aware of the items available for sale and sold. Doreen had no idea I would handle this in the manner I have. I feel as a community we can assist one of our own. If you are uncomfortable with the format of this, direct those comments at me.

Last edited by STL Mark on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

STL Mark

Items for Sale

Post by STL Mark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:00 am

Items for Sale
  • Respironics System One Humidifier with two Chambers (Series 50)
  • Cushions for Forma Full Face Mask (medium)
  • Respironics System One Power Supply (1058190)

Respironics System One Humidifier with two Chambers (Series 50) - Donation by rosacer
This is a new unit with the included chamber plus one extra chamber that has never been used. It is intended for use with the series 50 Respironics machines. It is in perfect condition and includes the User Manual. The date code is 20091223. Suggested Donation $65 OBO.

Cushions for Forma Full Face Mask (medium quantity 2) - Donation by rosacer
These are new cushions that have never been used. They are not factory sealed. Suggested Donation $25 OBO.

Respironics System One Power Supply (1058190) - Donation by rosacer
This is a new power supply that has never been used. It is not factory sealed. Suggested Donation $20 OBO.

Last edited by STL Mark on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 am, edited 21 times in total.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

STL Mark

Items Sold

Post by STL Mark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:00 am

Items Sold

Total Proceeds: $1115.51

ResMed S8 Autoset II (Donation by an anonymous member Paid: $187 and refunded $187 by an anonymous member Paypal: N.A., Shipping: $15.17 = Proceeds/Loss: ($15.17) - unit died on day 3, refunded buyer in full...
This unit comes from a smoke free home. It comes with the H4i Humidifier, tank and funnel, and 4 new filters--1 in the machine, and 3 in a plastic bag, and the ResScan Data Card. There is a blue Resmed Travel bag. I will include the original User Guide for H4i, and User Guide and Clinical Quick Setup Guide for S8. The unit was purchased in 2009 and has 359 hours. Suggested Donation (was $250) $200 OBO. I reset the machine to 5/15 and tried it. There are no abnormal sounds or smells. The machine and travel case look perfect, it is like a new machine.

Cash Donation proceeds $50 by an anonymous forum member.

Respironics Battery Kit. Paid $120 by Dushi - $20.76 shipping = proceeds $99.24.
You can learn more about this system on our sponsors site by clicking the link above. From what I have read it can be used with any type of machine by adding the appropriate DC cord for use in a car. I admit to knowing very little about these units but there are several on the site who are informed. I did plug it into the wall and it does accept a charge. This includes the battery, travel case, battery charger with AC cord, instruction booklet, Respironics 12 volt dc cable, 2 additional fuses for cord. This weighs in at about 14 pounds. Suggested Donation (was $150) $100 OBO

Cash Donation proceeds $100 by an anonymous forum member.

Donated items by ems (Paid $80 shipping $20, proceeds $60)
ResMed ClimateLine Tubing (never opened), ResMed Standard Tubing Wrap (zippered - blue) used one/two nights. Swift FX for her - several masks with several small size pillows - 1 medium pillow - 1 xsmall pillow) (other odds and ends that fit the Swift FX, several short hoses, Bella Loops, etc. Some new - some gently used

Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex - DS550. Total paid/proceeds $225 (plus shipping)
This unit is in great condition I have set it wide open to 5/20 and tried it out and the unit sounds and smells fine with nothing abnormal. This unit does come from a smoke free home. It has the IPX1 heated humidifier, humidifier chamber, SD card and power supply. It also has a standard CPAP hose and a Pad A Cheek hose cover. There is a bundle of about 16 white filters and 4 black filters new and packaged included with the machine. These items are in a Respironics travel case. The unit has a 2011 manufacturer date and 737.5 hours. Suggested donation $250 OBO.

ResMed S9 VPAP Auto: Total paid $625, PayPal fees $zero, shipping $28.56, Proceeds $596.44 - purchased by "an anonymous cloud"
This unit is in great condition I have reset it to the factory defaults and tried out the unit and sounds and smells fine with nothing abnormal. This unit does come from a smoke free home. It has the H5i heated humidifier, humidifier chamber, SD card and power supply. It also has a standard CPAP hose with a SnuggleHose accessory attached. I will provide a new boxed cleanable humidifier tank with the purchase. These items are in a Respironics travel case that allows the unit to be transported without separating the humidifier. This unit has a 2011 manufacturer date and 4153 hours. Suggested donation $600 OBO.

Last edited by STL Mark on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 21 times in total.

apw5746

Re: Benefit sale to help DoriC

Post by apw5746 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 am

STL Mark wrote:Doreen (and Mike) have been good friends of ours on this forum for a long time. Mike is currently at home on hospice care. Private caregivers are being hired out of pocket to assist with Mike's care and money is quite tight for their family. Doreen has asked and I have offered to help her in selling some of her machines and other equipment. Doreen is very overwhelmed with the responsibilities she has at home. Mike is no longer a candidate for CPAP treatment and she has many items which can be sold to assist with these costs.

How you can help

Give generously if you can use any of the items in the below sale. I will keep no portion of the funds received for my benefit all proceeds will go directly to Doreen. I will provide clear documentation of all transactions as an audit in a below post called Items Sold. There will also be an Items for Sale post in this thread. I am also looking for donations of salable items. I can provide you with a shipping address to send the items to me, or you can provide me with a clear and accurate description of the item and I will let you know when it has sold and the buyers name. I can provide postage fees if you need them to assist with packaging and shipping the item to the buyer. I have provided Doreen with an advance of proceeds to assist her, if you are in a position to make a cash donation I can assist with getting that to Doreen or get permission from her to share her contact information with you.

I will continue to edit the top three posts as needed to keep people aware of the items available for sale and sold.
I am unable to view item which are for sale,

26 year Air Force Vet
if it isn't grown, then it's has to be mined - prospector

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

apw5746 wrote:I am unable to view item which are for sale,
Give Mark some time to edit the posts. He just put some place card holders in there for the time being. To hold those 2 posts for himself.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 am

Following, would much rather give to a family in need to get my stash started than to line the insurance co's pockets. My regards to Doreen, hospice caregiving is hard work, harder if it's family.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Mark, I'm so glad you're helping Dori and Mike with this. If I could afford a second machine right now I'd sure take the VPAP off your hands, but I'm sure someone will be able to buy it at such a reasonable price.

Please let Dori know how much we're all thinking of her.

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

I sent you a PM re Resmed S8 Auto I will donate.

Katie

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am

*bump*

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:37 am

bump

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:34 am

Another bump.

ems

Post by ems » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm

kaiasgram wrote:Mark, I'm so glad you're helping Dori and Mike with this. If I could afford a second machine right now I'd sure take the VPAP off your hands, but I'm sure someone will be able to buy it at such a reasonable price.

Please let Dori know how much we're all thinking of her.
Ditto! And hugs...
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Bump

Mozart22

Post by Mozart22 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:17 pm

bump

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Not up to a detailed update on Mike's condition, just that the situation is getting more difficult every day. I know I don't have to express my heartfelt gratitude for this thread, you all know by now how much my forum buddies mean to me. As I told Mark, he really is a Saint from St.Louis! I had no idea what he was up to! I wish you all great success with your therapy and for good health. Love, Dori

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08