more sleepyhead oximeter support

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: more sleepyhead oximeter support

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 am

snorebeard wrote:Update please. Still looking to buy the least expensive reliable recording oximeter to work with the Sleepyhead software. It looks like this was a work in progress, so perhaps those using these successfully can suggest model(s) and good sources.
I wont to have this data accompany the Sleepyhead data.

Also, for a friend who snores a lot, and suspects apnea, but is reluctant to go in for a sleep study, would it be good to suggest trying out the recording oximeter at night? I know this doesn't record apnea events, but doesn't the damaging low O2 accompany apnea, so this would be a good indicator such that if it is low, it would help tell the person to get the sleep study and get with the program.
cms50F or cms50I, aliexpress.com

overnight oximetry can indicate sleep apnea, but it can't indicate the absense of sleep apnea.

you could have enough apnea to distrub your sleep and keep you from getting rest even if it doesn't result in dangerous o2 desaturations.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am

Make an resonable offer and they will accept :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CE-FDA-Wrist-We ... 233556403e
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:16 pm

does anyone know of any software that supports some of the higher end oximeters like the nonin 2500 etc.... I'd be more than happy to purchase it.
System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P)

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 pm

snorebeard wrote:Also, for a friend who snores a lot, and suspects apnea, but is reluctant to go in for a sleep study, would it be good to suggest trying out the recording oximeter at night? I know this doesn't record apnea events, but doesn't the damaging low O2 accompany apnea, so this would be a good indicator such that if it is low, it would help tell the person to get the sleep study and get with the program.
I used an ApneaLink for a home study. My AHI was only 8, but the 79% desat and the 103bpm pulse was what REALLY got me to get with the program! So it is the pulse-ox recording that deserves the credit...

sharirh

Post by sharirh » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:44 am

Will cms50fw or cms50iw work with Sleepyhead? And colud i use thr cable connection to get the oximetry files in the morning? I am also planning to send resltime data with the bluetooth to application called sleeprate.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:22 am

sharirh wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:44 am
Will cms50fw or cms50iw work with Sleepyhead? And colud i use thr cable connection to get the oximetry files in the morning? I am also planning to send resltime data with the bluetooth to application called sleeprate.
Mark started work last year on SleepyHead 1.1 with a redesign of the graphics framework to support more modern PCs. There were some machine updates too. He had to back away from this over 6 months ago due to family income situations.

This past week we have started a community Release Committee to try and release this improved version. I doubt there will be any more additions initially that are in the current testing build. We are still getting organized and familiarizing ourselves with the internal workings of SleepyHead.

In his spare time, I understand Mark is working on a complete rewrite for SleepyHead 2. That should make the software much easier to troubleshoot & maintain.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.