Sleep Coaching...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: Sleep Coaching...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 am

CPAPlady76 wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:
CPAPlady76 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I will say that some of the things I have read on here have been truly disturbing but I understand the "why" of why people are doing what they are doing. Things such as adjusting their pressure on their own without discussing it with a doctor. Folks, if you are doing this, PLEASE STOP. You could send your body into central apnea nightmare and you can die...
Don't you think this overstates the case just a bit?
Not at all. Would you rather someone bump their pressure up, begin to have centrals and die? This is a very real possibility and it scares me to think so many people on here are doing this. I would rather tell someone the truth than sugar coat what can happen.
One of my friends passed for this very reason. I told her to stop adjusting her own pressure and just get a re-titration but she felt she knew what was best for "her body". I lost someone who meant a great deal to me.

If someone reading this will stop adjusting their own pressure and realize there is danger in doing this maybe they will consult with their doctor then perhaps I have helped to save a life.
Apparently you weren't very persuasive or instructional towards her knowledge about her therapy.
And now you're trying to "advise" others about this therapy? Yeeeaaah, RIGHT!

I personally know of someone who was a CPAP user but died because he DIDN'T use his machine ONE night. I also suspect there have been many people I've known who died because they had undiagnosed OSA. I've seen their obituaries in the papers for years.

Then, there are the multitudes of people who had doctors and DMEs who offered piss-poor support and decided to park their machines (many of which were non-data-capable) in their closets......and died from non-use. Or, worse yet, fell asleep at the wheel and killed other, innocent folks.

Everybody's going to die of something, someday. We just try to make them more knowledgeable about their own therapy.
Doctors and DMEs are basically ignorant and all they care about is the cash flow.
I can't begin to count the number of people who came to this forum for help because the DME had incorrectly configured their machines.

Nobody is going to care more about their therapy then the users, themselves. An "enlightened" user is going to be a more dedicated user.

Den

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:49 am

CPAPlady76 wrote:I am removing my post because vicious animals who wish to do harm to others and themselves are not welcome on my site.
Have a blessed day and a restful night!
Mercy. Is that directed to me? A vicious animal? Have I expressed any desire to harm myself or others?

I'm trying to protect the innocent who might otherwise be led to believe that it could possibly be worth $75 to have someone clean the few parts of a CPAP that are cleanable, and who might not notice that there is no way to verify the claimed credentials of the OP.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:57 am

[quote="Wulfman..."]Apparently you weren't very persuasive or instructional towards her knowledge about her therapy.
Den
.[/quote]

Den... "Wulfman" You are a foul person to say such a thing. If you would say this to a stranger, on the internet, I can only imagine how you treat your own family behind closed doors. I will keep them in my prayers. Karma has a way of coming back to people such as yourself. Good luck

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 am

A reasonable person might say to themselves that gas is expensive and if one were to travel any distance in order to provide a service, it is going to cost money. A reasonable person might also think to themselves that cleaning supplies and a professional's time are worth money which also factor into the equation. A reasonable person might also venture to think that it is a luxury to have someone come into their home and clean something they do not wish to clean themselves. Luxury comes at a price. Nothing in life is free and if you think it is, you are mistaken.

No one who decided to lash out tonight took the time to think about what they were saying. Every one wanted their pound of flesh because it is easy and "fun" for them to do... anonymously... on the internet... like a coward.

One other point.... Verifying credentials is the easiest thing in the world to do. If a customer wanted to do so, I would show them. It is not rocket science. Google it.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:19 am

Other than your last post, I only saw the bits of your posts that were quoted before you deleted them.

I don't see how it is deadly to suggest people use their data to find settings when ther doctors don't give a damn and set their machine for 4-20. I think it is far more deadly for doctors and dmes to assume that a one night titration is the perfect result, send people on their way, not help them with their mask and pressure issues, only to have them give up and skip using their machines altogether.

I really don't see why you would think people here want to harm anybody. We are trying to help everybody become successful rather than quit.

I am also puzzled about this comment: "are not welcome on my site."

Were you posting a link to your site (spamming this list)? Otherwise, this is cpaptalk, and we are free to post what we want.

And finally, what on earth needs to be cleaned that it would require somebody to pay for the service? All I do is rinse the hose and humidifier tank occasionally, change the filter when it needs it, and clean my mask a few times a week. I can't imagine paying anybody to do any of that. It isn't difficult by any means. If somebody is not able to do those simple things, they probably need an aide who comes into the house and helps with a variety of health issues.

I'm sorry, but this really isn't the place for advertising services. Those of us who help people do it to be helpful, not for profit. It is our way of paying it forward since other people helped us. You speak of karma. Well, helping people we don't know, for free, is good karma. Charging people for a service that isn't needed is not good karma. And if that is really what you want to do, you will have better luck on craigslist or other local venues. This is an international venue. Odds are, only a few people on this list live within driving range. And your target market would be total newbies who don't know anything. Anybody who reads here for a couple days will be past the total newbie stage. We are not your target market here.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:I am also puzzled about this comment: "are not welcome on my site."

Were you posting a link to your site (spamming this list)? Otherwise, this is cpaptalk, and we are free to post what we want.
Yep. That's what the deal was and her site was a place were you could buy her services...
$50 for a workshop for how to clean you gear and $75 for "let me do it for you" and I forget the other stuff as when I tried to find a price I got kicked immediately to PayPal confirmation and not an "are you sure" page.
Oh..yeah...$1 for each mile over 10 miles from wherever she is at up to 50 miles then contact them.
She had a link to her website in her signature line.
Anyone who wants to go check it out...
http://www.clinicalsleepeducation.org/e ... aning.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:01 am

CPAPlady76 wrote:A reasonable person might say to themselves that gas is expensive and if one were to travel any distance in order to provide a service, it is going to cost money. A reasonable person might also think to themselves that cleaning supplies and a professional's time are worth money which also factor into the equation. A reasonable person might also venture to think that it is a luxury to have someone come into their home and clean something they do not wish to clean themselves. Luxury comes at a price. Nothing in life is free and if you think it is, you are mistaken.

No one who decided to lash out tonight took the time to think about what they were saying. Every one wanted their pound of flesh because it is easy and "fun" for them to do... anonymously... on the internet... like a coward.

One other point.... Verifying credentials is the easiest thing in the world to do. If a customer wanted to do so, I would show them. It is not rocket science. Google it.

A reasonable person might think that $75 for five minutes of cleaning is grossly overpriced. A "luxury"? Really?

A reasonable person would note that it is impossible to verify the OP's credentials at the moment because there is no name listed on the website:

https://www.brpt.org/cvweb_brpt/cgi-bin ... Search.htm

I looked up the ownership of the website at betterwhois.com and still could not find an owner name, but I did find that her domain name was created only on July 12 of this year.

The website bears a number of similarities to http://www.clinicalsleepeducation.com (.com, not .org), which is also based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. One wonders if the founder of .org is a former employee as well as a competitor.

Last edited by Drowsy Dancer on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:05 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote:
CPAPlady76 wrote:I am removing my post because vicious animals who wish to do harm to others and themselves are not welcome on my site.
Mercy. Is that directed to me? A vicious animal? Have I expressed any desire to harm myself or others?
you savage beast, you! *chortle*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 am

Pugsy wrote: Oh..yeah...$1 for each mile over 10 miles from wherever she is at up to 50 miles then contact them.
She had a link to her website in her signature line.
oh, the shame, shes in the area... (dfw metroplex) ick, seems she'd have sense enough to peddle her overpriced 'disservices' in one of the more affluent regions though.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am

palerider wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:
You say the sweetest things! <bats eyelashes>

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 am

Wulfman... wrote:
CPAPlady76 wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:
CPAPlady76 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I will say that some of the things I have read on here have been truly disturbing but I understand the "why" of why people are doing what they are doing. Things such as adjusting their pressure on their own without discussing it with a doctor. Folks, if you are doing this, PLEASE STOP. You could send your body into central apnea nightmare and you can die...
Don't you think this overstates the case just a bit?
Den .
Den, darling, this is what disturbs me about too many nested quotes.
You have now made ME out to be spouting the spammer's words.
--now how do you propose to correct it.
I hate being mis-quoted!

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:45 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote:
palerider wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:
You say the sweetest things! <bats eyelashes>
*swoon*

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:47 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I hate being mis-quoted!
wasn't that a case of being MR-quoted? *giggle*

Day_Dreamer

Post by Day_Dreamer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

CPAPlady76 wrote:I would be happy to help you. Please send me a private message with your needs.

I am very interested.

Could you please send me a list of your clients. I have been trying to sell this bridge in the East River of Manhattan.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 am

Addressing the claim that self treatment is harmful,
the truth is that more harm will come from indifferent, ignorant treatment, regardless of who is in charge.
We know that many patients have been "done in" by medical errors by medical professionals.
--Not that it isn't possible for a patient to do the same to himself; usually in error--due to being denied important information.
Now whose fault would that really be?