Sleep Coaching...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kfujioka

Re: Sleep Coaching...

Post by kfujioka » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 pm

I need a sleep coach for using the machine.

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:05 pm

I would be happy to help you. Please send me a private message with your needs.
Last edited by CPAPlady76 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Just follow this forum. We are free of charge and open 24/7.
Volunteer peer counselors are awake around the world--any time you can't sleep.
We don't take orders from the manufacturers and DME's, either.
--and we never ask for your credit card #.
Edit: And another thing, isn't this sort of advertising by medical professionals just a teensy bit unethical?

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Just follow this forum. We are free of charge and open 24/7.
Volunteer peer counselors are awake around the world--any time you can't sleep.
We don't take orders from the manufacturers and DME's, either.
--and we never ask for your credit card #.
+1
Well said Chunkyfrog!

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:42 pm

I am removing my post because vicious animals who wish to do harm to others and themselves are not welcome on my site.
Have a blessed day and a restful night!
Last edited by CPAPlady76 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm

This forum supplied me with information which helped me avoid getting saddled with an obsolete piece of crap machine.
For the better part of five years I have enjoyed wonderful sleep, and usable, money-saving advice I would not have found elsewhere.
If you are offering real, comprehensive help, independent of manufacturer or retailer influence, good for you.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 pm

CPAPlady76 wrote:I will say that some of the things I have read on here have been truly disturbing but I understand the "why" of why people are doing what they are doing. Things such as adjusting their pressure on their own without discussing it with a doctor. Folks, if you are doing this, PLEASE STOP. You could send your body into central apnea nightmare and you can die...
Don't you think this overstates the case just a bit?

Last edited by Drowsy Dancer on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 pm

I am removing my post because vicious animals who wish to do harm to others and themselves are not welcome on my site.
Last edited by CPAPlady76 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 pm

CPAPlady76 wrote:
Drowsy Dancer wrote:
CPAPlady76 wrote:I will say that some of the things I have read on here have been truly disturbing but I understand the "why" of why people are doing what they are doing. Things such as adjusting their pressure on their own without discussing it with a doctor. Folks, if you are doing this, PLEASE STOP. You could send your body into central apnea nightmare and you can die...
Don't you think this overstates the case just a bit?
Not at all. Would you rather someone bump their pressure up, begin to have centrals and die? This is a very real possibility and it scares me to think so many people on here are doing this. I would rather tell someone the truth than sugar coat what can happen.
One of my friends passed for this very reason. I told her to stop adjusting her own pressure and just get a re-titration but she felt she knew what was best for "her body". I lost someone who meant a great deal to me.

If someone reading this will stop adjusting their own pressure and realize there is danger in doing this maybe they will consult with their doctor then perhaps I have helped to save a life.
Do people with APAP machines "begin to have centrals and die" more frequently than people with machines that are set with fixed pressure?

I am sorry for your loss, but I am not sure about causation. How did the coroner establish it?

Last edited by Drowsy Dancer on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 pm

CPAPlady76 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:This forum supplied me with information which helped me avoid getting saddled with an obsolete piece of crap machine.
For the better part of five years I have enjoyed wonderful sleep, and usable, money-saving advice I would not have found elsewhere.
If you are offering real, comprehensive help, independent of manufacturer or retailer influence, good for you.
I am. I do not take orders from DME companies or manufacturers. I am just a person who started out on CPAP many years ago with the wrong ideas of how things were supposed to be. Before becoming educated about sleep I was non compliant for years because of what happened to me. I felt like there was no hope and that I was going to have to be miserable for the rest of my life. Back in the day, there was literally no one to help and forget getting the advice off the internet. Where I lived the internet was pretty much nonexistent but even if it were accessible to me, no one was writing about sleep medicine or CPAP machines.

I will say that some of the things I have read on here have been truly disturbing but I understand the "why" of why people are doing what they are doing. Things such as adjusting their pressure on their own without discussing it with a doctor. Folks, if you are doing this, PLEASE STOP. You could send your body into central apnea nightmare and you can die...

I really do care about people and I know the folks on this forum do too. I am actually glad you said something because it never occurred to me that anyone would have thought of the initial post as advertising. If anyone has taken it as such, I do apologize. That was not my intention. Have a blessed day and a restful night
Thank you for demonstrating your complete ignorance and stupidity!!!
People with Diabetes are instructed how to adjust their insulin dosages and do so on a daily basis.
This is only "AIR". Insulin (and other prescribed drugs) COULD be dangerous.
Doctors and DMEs prescribe and dispense APAPs with wide open ranges (4 - 20 cm) on a regular basis and many times in lieu of sleep studies. That wide range will give pressures that are either sub-optimal and too high for adequate therapy.
All of the major manufacturers of APAPs now have algorithms in their machines that avoid pressure increases when detecting potential Central Apneas. Central Apneas are no more dangerous than Obstructive ones.

Your arguments are nonsense. Go back under that "SPAM" rock you came out from. I would never advise anyone to consult with you.

Den

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:42 pm

I think you're confused about where you are, this is cpaptalk, where we help people to take charge of their own health, and not dumbly follow doctors orders no matter what.

I believe you must have been looking for apneasupport.org, where patients are expected to be like houseplants and not do anything to help themselves, just fork over money to the doctors and get pissed on,er, watered when the doctor thinks they should be.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:45 pm

This is also not a forum where there are likely to be many takers for a $50 "Cleaning Workshop" or $75 for "Let Me Do It For You."

Cleaning a wallet, most likely.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 pm

From the cpaptalk.com User Agreement:
While using CPAPtalk.com, you will not:

distribute or post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Drowsy Dancer wrote:This is also not a forum where there are likely to be many takers for a $50 "Cleaning Workshop" or $75 for "Let Me Do It For You."

Cleaning a wallet, most likely.
yeah, it looks like spam, and smells like spam to me...

wonder how much she charges to tell people to go make an appointment with their doctor...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

CPAPlady76

Post by CPAPlady76 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 am

Last edited by CPAPlady76 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.