ResMed S9 AutoSet Questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robysue

Re: ResMed S9 AutoSet Questions

Post by robysue » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Pugsy wrote: I thought I had tried SleepSeeker but can't remember.
Probably I didn't. I see that they want a lot of personal information when signing up that I probably didn't want to give them.
Here's an example below that I had snagged from somewhere of what it shows. Isn't mine though.
That's LESS info that you get off the S9's LCD in the long Sleep Quality Report: The AHI on the long Sleep Quality Report is broken down into AHI, AI, and CAI, from which you can easily compute the OAI and HI if desired.

It also bothers the mathematician in me that the leak number is not labeled. I'd assume that it's the 95% leak rate, but it sure would be nice if they told you that.

At any rate: The information in EasyCare that can be downloaded through the wireless modem connection really is pretty limited for a "therapy report" I just re-listened to the on-line training guide and captured these two screen shots of what the "therapy report" looks like:

You'll notice there's not much here that's not on the SleepSeeker screen shot. The AHI is broken down AI and HI by day, but on any individual day, there's no way to tell how much of that AI is CAI vs. OAI. And those numbers off to the left seem to be averages for the entire viewing period---i.e. summary numbers.

If this is what Resmed wants the DMEs and docs to buy into, it's a step backwards in my opinion. And the potential for finding a way to prevent us, the patients, from seeing anything that's not on SleepSeeker is pretty high; all it will take is convincing the DMEs to treat "SD card compatible" as an "optional add-on module" for patients in remote locations ...

Jay Aitchsee

Re: ResMed S9 AutoSet Questions

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:14 pm

robysue wrote:If this is what Resmed wants the DMEs and docs to buy into,
It is what ResMed wants DME's to buy into. It's a subscription service. That's where the money for ResMed comes in. They're offering about the same amount of info through this service (Easy Care) as DME's and Doctors normally look at, anyway - more than some do. ResMed's selling point is that it's "easy" and less time consuming. In their last quarterly call, ResMed mentioned how the service was gaining traction in Europe. A positive for shareholders. Unfortunately, the end user's (our) ability to access data, I think, is of little concern to ResMed. The DME is their customer. I do think, however, there will still be a method for professionals to access more detailed and high resolution data for therapy administration and if they can do it, we can. But that's just my opinion based on what I think makes sense.