First night SleepyHead data - can anyone help?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nick Danger

Re: First night SleepyHead data - can anyone help?

Post by Nick Danger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 am

Sometimes I hit zero, but most of the time I'm between .2 and 1 AHI. An AHI of 2 is considered successful therapy (actually anything under 5 is considered successful). Don't worry about chasing 0 AHI - if you and Pugsy get things sorted so that you feel better in the morning, then you'll be fine: whether your AHI is zero or two.

LibbyLou

Post by LibbyLou » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 am

Pugsy wrote: To Libby...don't worry about the SD card showing 100% available...it's big and the data files are very small in comparison and it will take weeks of data to move it much off of 100% available.
If you go into the SD card itself...you will see the data files and folders.
If you go into the P Series main folder there is a sub folder that has P and a long number after it. If you see two of these folders with different numbers it means the old machine data is on the machine because that is the Pserialnumber folder(s).

Your supplier should have already pulled any compliance usage data up to the point of the swap...but I would confirm with them before I go removing any old machine Pserial number folders...just in case.
Thanks for all that info! I think I'm not even going to worry about trying to remove Pserial numbers or anything like that. I'm pretty sure that's what he did yesterday though, was got the data and then wiped (mostly) everything else.
As to why you aren't feeling so great...the only thing that stands out to me at this point is maybe the leak...while they aren't horrible in terms of affecting therapy...it is possible they are bad enough to impact sleep quality by causing low level arousals that you may or may not remember. It is probably the first thing I would look at if it were me and we can't blame meds or other health issues and that's why I ask about meds and hours of sleep in general.
Makes sense about a lot of low level arousals. Apparently that's what happened during my sleep study as well.

I have been trying to rule out other health issues (have the medical bills to prove it - UGH), but so far the only thing I have come up with (and this is basically on my own, not per a doctor) is that I have silent reflux and it's causing the sleep disturbances. There have been two times in the past couple of weeks where I have woken up in the middle of the night feeling like I was basically strangling on *something* in my throat and have had to rip the CPAP mask off and cough. Really gross feeling, and not fun. Plus, I basically have all the other symptoms of silent reflux.
Last edited by LibbyLou on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
You should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. Rule 408.

LibbyLou

Post by LibbyLou » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 am

Nick Danger wrote:Sometimes I hit zero, but most of the time I'm between .2 and 1 AHI. An AHI of 2 is considered successful therapy (actually anything under 5 is considered successful). Don't worry about chasing 0 AHI - if you and Pugsy get things sorted so that you feel better in the morning, then you'll be fine: whether your AHI is zero or two.
I think what I keep wanting to have happen is for someone to tell me I don't actually need CPAP, because my AHI is SO good and stuff.
You should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. Rule 408.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 am

Someone asked me why I didn't suggest APAP mode trial...it's on a back burner in my mind and I don't have time to explain all my reasons at this time.
Rest assured...it is a consideration that I will probably offer but not right at this moment.
Just because we can do something doesn't mean we have to do it right this minute.

Multiple reasons for waiting and if nothing else...getting that leak line to looking better is my primary reason at the moment. Auto adjusting pressures could make leak control more difficult and I just prefer to not add that risk right now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:12 am

Libby...have you tried any other mask besides the Wisp?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:14 am

Libbylou,

You are going to be successful with this. You've got the right attitude and you are doing all the right things. Now that you have a data-capable machine, the really experienced and knowledgeable forum members can give you specific advice and things to try and do. As you make changes and adjustments and continue to get used to using the equipment, you will reap the benefits.

Regarding sleepyhead, if you can pick up a cheap SD memory card someplace today so you use it tonight, we can see if we can get your sleepyhead program working correctly. They are available at many places these days including drug stores and such. Sleepyhead is sooooo much nicer than encore and you can zoom and pan and really look at things in detail and post zoomed screenshots when/if you need them. I would be happy to try to help if you still have problems with sleepyhead after trying a new memory card. When you first plug a new card into the machine it will automatically set it up for you and display a message on the screen.

Last edited by yaconsult on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:17 am

Pugsy wrote:Someone asked me why I didn't suggest APAP mode trial...it's on a back burner in my mind

Multiple reasons for waiting and if nothing else...getting that leak line to looking better is my primary reason at the moment. Auto adjusting pressures could make leak control more difficult and I just prefer to not add that risk right now.
Agreed - AHI of 2 seems to indicate that finding the perfect pressure isn't the problem - and you only get a fixed number of trial APAP modes so don't waste them... resolve mask/leak/dry mouth issues first - THEN optimize the pressure if necessary.

LibbyLou

Post by LibbyLou » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 am

Pugsy wrote:Libby...have you tried any other mask besides the Wisp?
No, that's the only one I've tried so far. I'm really resisting a FFM, so hopefully it doesn't come to that if this mouth breathing continues. I actually even used a Breathe Right strip the past two nights, and the night before last it seemed to work really well. Then last night, I'm not sure what happened.
yaconsult wrote:Libbylou,

You are going to be successful with this. You've got the right attitude and you are doing all the right things. Now that you have a data-capable machine, the really experienced and knowledgeable forum members can give you specific advice and things to try and do. As you make changes and adjustments and continue to get used to using the equipment, you will reap the benefits.

Regarding sleepyhead, if you can pick up a cheap SD memory card someplace today so you use it tonight, we can see if we can get your sleepyhead program working correctly. They are available at many places these days including drug stores and such. Sleepyhead is sooooo much nicer than encore and you can zoom and pan and really look at things in detail and post zoomed screenshots when/if you need them. I would be happy to try to help if you still have problems with sleepyhead after trying a new memory card. When you first plug a new card into the machine it will automatically set it up for you and display a message on the screen.
Thanks so much for the encouragement! It really does help to have this forum, for sure.

I won't be able to pick up an SD card today. I might try to uninstall SH and reinstall and see if that does anything.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

I wonder if the sleepyhead problem could be a video card compatibility issue? When you unzip sleepyhead there are two versions in the folder - the regular version and the brokenGL version. If you try one and it doesn't work properly, close it and try the other one. It is a slightly modified version to work around compatibility issues with some video cards. If that's all it is, then you'll be all set but the messages you said you saw from sleepyhead looked more like it didn't like something on the memory. Still, there is no drawback to testing both versions.

Last edited by yaconsult on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 am

Nick Danger wrote:You're in good hands with Pugsy.
certainly more reliable and trustworthy than "the good hands people".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:12 am

I don't see any need to go jumping on a full face mask at this time.
Your leaking doesn't warrant it and it won't necessarily fix the dry mouth issue anyway. Just ask the multitude of full face mask users here complaining of dry mouth.

I am not so sure that all the leak we are seeing is mouth breathing leak anyway.
That's why I asked if you have tried any other mask. You might do better with something like the Swift FX Nano cushion (if you prefer the nasal cushion type) or a nasal pillow mask. I have used the Wisp (or tried to) and IMHO the Nano is a better choice...or even a nasal pillow mask so that there is less surface area to deal with in terms of skin contact points needing to seal.

MiLady56

Post by MiLady56 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:34 am

Was reading this thread. So much help and info. (Shedding a tear) Kind community.

Then I saw mask fit. Since I am gearing up to monitor myself, exactly for this reason, I was very grateful that there are such good people on this site.

Good luck! Looking forward to getting comments on my post as to how to proceed!

LibbyLou

Post by LibbyLou » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Pugsy wrote: You might do better with something like the Swift FX Nano cushion (if you prefer the nasal cushion type) or a nasal pillow mask. I have used the Wisp (or tried to) and IMHO the Nano is a better choice...or even a nasal pillow mask so that there is less surface area to deal with in terms of skin contact points needing to seal.
I may look into a different nasal mask if this continues, thanks!
yaconsult wrote:I wonder if the sleepyhead problem could be a video card compatibility issue? When you unzip sleepyhead there are two versions in the folder - the regular version and the brokenGL version. If you try one and it doesn't work properly, close it and try the other one. It is a slightly modified version to work around compatibility issues with some video cards. If that's all it is, then you'll be all set but the messages you said you saw from sleepyhead looked more like it didn't like something on the memory. Still, there is no drawback to testing both versions.
Hmm, I could try using the brokenGL version. I haven't messed with all of it anymore yet.

LibbyLou

Post by LibbyLou » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:30 am

I still haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling SH. But this is from last night. What is going on??!!

SleepDisturbed

Post by SleepDisturbed » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 am

Nothing alarming here. How did you sleep?

What I lack in verbosity, I make up in brevity.