OT - Express Scripts (Medco Health) SUCKS!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Krelvin

OT - Express Scripts (Medco Health) SUCKS!

Post by Krelvin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Express Script Sucks!
Their web page doesn't work, the email notifications have nothing in them to confirm much of anything and their phone notifications are more of a harassment call then being informative.

Their customer service in many cases is friendly, but clueless. The best way to get information is via their APP (android, haven't seen the IOS version).

In most cases, the only way to get any real info is to call them.... always a fun 20-30 mins out of the middle of a business day to play games with them. Even then, don't be surprised if you get "I can't access that info" and get transferred to a busy line so you can start the process all over again.

For a company which is supposed to be faster, cheaper as a mail order company, they do a very poor job of doing their business. As to cheaper... Express Scripts actually filled one on my RX's with 1/3 the product for 2x the price. and i had to spend more than 6 hours over a week trying to find out Why and How to fix it only to find it was an error on their part. Not a good thing to have a Pharmacy have errors. The copay on some of their meds actually change between order to order which is not supposed to happen (like $10-20 more, not cents)

Local CVS is Great. I can reach out and see/talk to a human with little effort, they are good at getting refills or renewals and follow up if they don't get a response or don't get what they should be getting,. accurate info and their website actually works with easy to find detail, reordering etc... no comparison. All of the doctors have no problems working with them and they all abhor dealing with Express Scripts due to all of the problems they cause.

I guess if you have only one or two RX's it wouldn't be so bad, but when you have to juggle a number of them with different doctors you can end up wasting tons of you time doing their job.

My opinion of course...
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Punchyandtired

Re: OT - Express Scripts (Medco Health) SUCKS!

Post by Punchyandtired » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Now that I think about it, I usually get an approved notice in the mail. Haven't gotten one yet for the Nuvigil.... So I wont get too excited about Nuvigil yet.
Last edited by Punchyandtired on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45 year old female
First AHI: 33.6 (including 2 desats less than 70%)
Pressure setting: min 13 max 20. 95% pressure has been around 15-16.
Trying to like the resmed p10 air pillows and headgear
Started therapy December 19, 2014

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Krelvin wrote: Local CVS is Great.
you owe it to your pocketbook to compare the prices you're paying with cvs to the prices that costco charges, the cost of many, if not most, of their drugs is available online for comparison shopping.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Costco vs CVS makes no difference since I would not be paying retail only the Insurance co-pay. So it doesn't matter where I get the RX filled the insurance copay would be the same..

However, The problem is the insurance will only pay the co-pay for maintenance drugs via the mail order pharmacy. After one fill of 90 days using someone else, they will no longer pay any copay. So a drug which costs $1800 for a 90 day supply with only a $80 copay will now be $1800 every 90 days (that is a Costco aprox price since they don't have the dosage listed).

So you are pretty much forced to use the Mail Order and Express Scripts is very difficult to deal with due to their poor service and support and tools.

Oh and if I had to buy retail, I would check Walmart first especially for generics. They have a lot of $3 generics that are actually less than my co-pay without using Insurance.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:37 pm

On the other hand, I've used them (Express Scripts) for years and never had a problem. Though I must admit, I don't care much for their new website.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm

I used to use mail order, when the savings made it worthwhile.
Now, I'd rather drive to the pharmacy. If they mess up, I refuse the order until they get it right!

saltydawg2

Post by saltydawg2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Our company dropped Express Scripts a couple of years ago, and started with CVS/Caremark. We are able to get it mailed, or pick up a local CVS. Do have to use them for maintenance drugs, though. Was not happy with Express Scripts for the same reasons mentioned.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Moved from Medco in 2007 to Express Scripts when they bought Medco to CVS/Caremark this January.

No problems along the way. I haven't looked at the ES web site since December but it was just fine then.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

BudSky

Post by BudSky » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:36 pm

I hate Express Scripts- but I have to use them or pay a lot more since they are tied to my insurance- through the Anthem BCBS boneheads.
My biggest complaint is them always using a 8oz size bottle for 90 pills in the bottom 1/4 " of it...kinda sucks traveling when some drugs better be in their original bottles.

Nyre

Post by Nyre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:15 pm

I worked for Express Scripts for 3 years in their specialty Pharmacy Curascript. I have to sadly agree that their customer service and level of errors in fulfillment could be better. The problem was they continue to change processes a lot especially when they merge businesses they acquire. The Express Scripts/Medco merger was a nightmare. Poor leadership was the main reason behind these changes. Express Scripts only cared about the number of scripts filled rather then caring about Patient care.