New User for past 60 Days with many changes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LadyWolf79

New User for past 60 Days with many changes

Post by LadyWolf79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:35 am

I am a relatively new user who makes it a point to follow posts here on cpaptalk.com. I always look forward to reading updated posts and questions. I have a few of my own this morning.

As a standard response to all new users deal with the variety and trial/error of mask fit, type, etc., I have actually been through 3 different masks in as many months. I started with a full face ResMed F10, moved to a hybrid size small (ResMed) and have now tried my hand at the ResMed P10 for her. I changed the setting on my AirSense 10 to pillow, and have been enjoying some good sleep for the past week. My AHI has dropped significantly to 1.2 to 2.6 range (down from 3-9.6), and I am much more comfortable with the nasal pillows and chinstrap. I downloaded sleepyhead software and check my readings quite often. The one thing that I question is that the obstructive apneas have gone from 0 to 1 per night, but the central apeneas have increased to 4-6 (10-15 sec) per evening. Is this cause for alarm? I am a habitual side sleeper even during my testing several months ago. Other than the mask setting, I have not changed pressure or humidity.

Pugsy

Re: New User for past 60 Days with many changes

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:41 am

LadyWolf79 wrote:The one thing that I question is that the obstructive apneas have gone from 0 to 1 per night, but the central apeneas have increased to 4-6 (10-15 sec) per evening. Is this cause for alarm?
LadyWolf79 wrote:My AHI has dropped significantly to 1.2 to 2.6 range (down from 3-9.6),
Nothing I would worry about since the AHI is significantly reduced.
4 to 6 centrals over the span of all night isn't cause for alarm even if they were all the real deal.
I suspect some might be sleep onset central which is normal to have and some might even be awake breathing irregularities.
There's not enough of them happening all night, every hour to warrant concern if you are sleeping well.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LadyWolf79

Re: New User for past 60 Days with many changes

Post by LadyWolf79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Thank you Pugsy....

As stated, I have been getting some good sleep for the past week. Prior to the change to a P10, my AHI was hit and miss, but I never dropped below 3.4 AHI. I even had a few really bad nights where it jumped significantly (up to 9.6 and 10.2). The F10 (small womens) seems to put too much pressure on the bridge of my nose making it difficult to breathe through my nose and making me a mouth breather almost 100% of the time. The hybrid helps with the nose breathing, but I can also breathe through my mouth if needed for congestion. With the P10...my sleep has totally changed and I feel much better by simply using a chin strap to help with any potential jaw-drop. There has been virtually no congestion, and some people I work with have noticed that I sound different when I speak....maybe a win/win. I just wanted to make sure that I was still ok using this set-up. Sleepyhead software has been a great help with my personal sleep therapy. I believe I have given each mask sufficient time to determine what is not working and what will work. This site has also been extremely helpful, as the trial and error of my constituents has been most enlightening and "very" educational.