ResMed Cpap for sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lp201det

Re: ResMed Cpap for sale

Post by lp201det » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Ok -- thanks for the advice. Again if anyone needs help with getting a machine let me know. Thanks

lp201det

Post by lp201det » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks for all of the advice-- again if anyone needs a good machine let me know. Thanks

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:53 pm

There is a brief video tutorial I've linked to in my signature box that will show you how to access the menu that shows you the RUN hours of the machine. You just snap a photo of the display showing Run hours, then upload the photo to a site like imgur or Photobucket. Copy the Image code you get from the site, and paste that code right into a post here. It isn't reasonable to expect someone to purchase a machine without knowing the number of hours already on it.

I understand that you'd like to help out someone in need and most of us don't mind helping you with that by telling you what info a prospective buyer would want to know. But a higher priority for us here on the forum is to help educate people, especially newbies, about what the various machines do and do not offer. So our responses to you are as much for other people as they are for you. A machine that only records hours of use (aka a "brick") can provide no information to the patient or the doctor about whether the machine is effectively controlling the sleep apnea. Any doctor who says "You're doing fine" or "You don't need the machine anymore" without actual evidence is irresponsible.

So if your doctor cleared you to not use the machine anymore based on downloading the "data" from your machine's SD card, he/she is acting irresponsibly because the card has no treatment data on it at all, only shows the number of hours you've used the machine.

Last edited by kaiasgram on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Congrats on the weight loss and feeling better. I don't blame you for trying to get past a rough spot in your life, neither does anyone else here. Many very competent people. So that causes a couple glitches in your plans...I have to trust that some of the top posters here just gave you great advice. First, the machine is a brick. One that helped you live, yes. But one that, even with the memory card, won't show you anything more than SUPER BASIC info. Kind of like the kid in art class who ate pencils and glue. Interesting, but not very bright. The doctor would have to get you onto a fully data capable machine to tell you that you're cured.

Secondly...BECAUSE the machine is so limited...Most people on here will avoid it. Yes, you overpaid, but it works, and health is worth it...so, now to sell it, you'll take a kick in the teeth, financially. Unless one of the "etc" you mentioned is a gnome who automatically refill the humidifier and cleans the house.

Basically, I also agree with the idea of keeping it, just in case. Otherwise you could find in 6 months or so that you're overpaying AGAIN for a doctors mistake. Food for thought.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 pm

I agree with others here, unless your Dr orders a new sleep study, there is NO WAY to know for sure if you still have OSA or not. I would encourage you to keep the machine until you have another sleep study. With your machine the necessary data to determine that you are indeed 'cured' DOES NOT EXIST. This means until you have another sleep study done, no matter how good you feel, no matter what your Dr says, you truly ARE NOT SAFE sleeping without that machine. Sorry about the 'shouting' but I really wanted you to 'hear' me.

Congrats on that weight loss, I know that took a lot of work on your part, even with the surgery. I do hope your 'cure' is indeed real. Let us know after you get another sleep study.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:Unless one of the "etc" you mentioned is a gnome who automatically refill the humidifier and cleans the house.
I don't care about the humidifier, but can I get in on the house cleaning function?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:58 pm

palerider wrote:
Tatooed Lady wrote:Unless one of the "etc" you mentioned is a gnome who automatically refill the humidifier and cleans the house.
I don't care about the humidifier, but can I get in on the house cleaning function?
Only because you cut me a sweet deal on a sweet (loud *snort*) machine.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:
palerider wrote:
Only because you cut me a sweet deal on a sweet (loud *snort*) machine.
it's just trying to lul you to sleep!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yarknit

ResMed Cpap for sale

Post by yarknit » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:04 pm

I have sleep apnea with a pressure of 7.5 and I am below normal weight for my height. I wasn't diagnosed until February 2014 when I turned 65. This is the the person who is selling their machine after losing weight and surgery. Keep your machine. Sorry I don't know how to add this to that link. New at replying.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 am

jencat824 wrote:I agree with others here, unless your Dr orders a new sleep study, there is NO WAY to know for sure if you still have OSA or not. I would encourage you to keep the machine until you have another sleep study. With your machine the necessary data to determine that you are indeed 'cured' DOES NOT EXIST. This means until you have another sleep study done, no matter how good you feel, no matter what your Dr says, you truly ARE NOT SAFE sleeping without that machine. Sorry about the 'shouting' but I really wanted you to 'hear' me.

Congrats on that weight loss, I know that took a lot of work on your part, even with the surgery. I do hope your 'cure' is indeed real. Let us know after you get another sleep study.

Jen
I feel bad for the OP. He's gone through so much to lose weight and get healthy, only to give up the treatment he acknowledges as lifesaving without knowing if it is truly safe to do so. He believes that his doctor cleared him after the doctor downloaded his SD card "data" when in fact all the doctor could have downloaded was the number of hours the machine was used. The whole thing raises so many red flags for those of us here who are aware that untreated sleep apnea can cause weight gain and do all kinds of other damage over time -- even when the sufferer feels they are sleeping well and doing well. I hope the doctor's guess (because that's all it could have been) is correct. Otherwise the OP may once again be headed for an uphill battle with his health and weight. His apnea was severe.

Perhaps he did have a subsequent sleep study and chose not to share that. It didn't sound like it from his posts.

I realize the OP may be a "she" but either way my message is the same.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 pm

lp201det wrote:I have a Resmed Cpap machine for sale. I had gastric sleeve surgery done 3 months ago and have lost 80 pounds and no longer have to use the machine. The machine is ResMed S9 auto set,elite, Escape auto,escape, with H5i heated humidifier. That is the description that comes on the book that came with it. It also comes with a S9 SD memory card. I also have a full facemask and all attachments including the black carrying case. The machine works great and the setting is on 16 as I had severe sleep apnea. Im not looking to get rich. Someone make me a fair offer. This machine helped change my life and now I want to pass it on to help someone else. We can use paypal so transaction is safe. Let me know. Thanks
To the OP, should you still want to sell your Escape, you might want to go back and edit your initial post to reflect the actual model (Escape), and the total run hours shown on your machine. If this information can be seen at the very beginning of the thread, you may have better luck.