Another Sleepyhead Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
millich

Another Sleepyhead Question

Post by millich » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm

RobySue said in her incredibly helpful post about the S9 vs the System One:
The Resmed S9 is very picky if anything is written to the SD card by the computer system---this is a problem if you use a Mac or a Windows 8.1 machine and you forget to "lock" the card before inserting it into the computer. The PR System One doesn't seem to care much about things the computer might write to the card. I routinely forget to lock my System One's SD card when inserting it to my Mac and I know the mac writes some hidden .files when I do that. The System One doesn't care.
Ok. So. I've just gotten the S9 and just downloaded SleepyHead for my Mac. What does "locking" my card mean? How do I do that? If I forget to do it, what will happen to the S9 if things are written to the SD card?

Thanks so much! Just got my S9 and I don't want to screw anything up!

robysue

Re: Another Sleepyhead Question

Post by robysue » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 pm

millich wrote: Ok. So. I've just gotten the S9 and just downloaded SleepyHead for my Mac. What does "locking" my card mean? How do I do that?
There's a little toggle switch in the top left hand corner of the card:
If the switch in in the UPPER position (like the image above) the card is UNLOCKED and the Mac will write some hidden files.

To LOCK the card, just slide that switch to the DOWN position.

Brand of card does not matter. The UP = Unlocked, DOWN = Locked positions are standard across all SD cards.
If I forget to do it, what will happen to the S9 if things are written to the SD card?
When you put the card back into the S9, the S9 will most likely tell you it can't read the card and ask your permission to erase all the data on the card. It will NOT accept the card until you agree to erase all the data on the card. Once it erases the data, it will write the SUMMARY data (the statistical data about AHI, Leaks, and Usage) that is stored on-board back to the card. That's enough data to satisfy the DME and doctor, but the detailed data will be erased and so the only copy you have will be inside of SleepyHead.

millich

Re: Another Sleepyhead Question

Post by millich » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you, RobySue. You're wonderful.