Sleepyhead with a REMstar Pro C-Flex+?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
PartlyCloudy

Sleepyhead with a REMstar Pro C-Flex+?

Post by PartlyCloudy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 pm

HI all. I'm new here, new to apnea, new to cpap. It's been a rough week! My unit came with Sleepmapper. I'm underwhelmed. I keep reading you can use Sleepyhead on my unit with a patch but I can't find anywhere to download it. Can someone help? Please feel free to PM me if needed. I also read I can use Encore but basic unavailable.

Thank you.

Bama Rambler

Re: Sleepyhead with a REMstar Pro C-Flex+?

Post by Bama Rambler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Welcome

What is the specific model number of your machine? It's under the bottom of the machine. Most likely a 460.

What computer operating system are you using?

That info will tell us which software will work for you.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:13 pm

What is the operating system on your computer?

If it is Windows...you only need SleepyHead 0.9.3 as it includes the Patch file. Check out my signature line for more information on it and where to get it along with how to use it.
The older version require the Patch addition but is not needed now with new Windows version

If you are using a Mac...you have to either use the new unstable Mac build which includes the Patch or get the older Mac version and add the Patch.

So need to know which operating system.

Encore Basic...again I need to know what operating system...it won't install on Windows 8.xxx but there is a work around available. There is no Mac version at all.

Remstar Pro CPAP with CFlex +

Probably a 60 series machine since you are new...model number 460
and we refer to them as PR System One 60 Series Pro Cpap (in the profile equipment choices)
The Remstar part of the name..useless...Respironics sticks that on all models.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

PartlyCloudy

Post by PartlyCloudy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:50 pm

So sorry!

I'm using Windows 8 and the unit model number is 460P I believe. It says "System 1" on the front. Would the serial number help? It's P10046456. I'll go download the one at your link, Pugsy. Thank you!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:59 pm

SleepyHead 0.9.3 should work well on your Windows 8 computer.

EncoreBasic won't install on Windows 8 but Encore Pro 2.12 will....reports are identical.
The workaround to make Basic work might be less of a headache than working with Pro which is a major PITA.
Get SleepyHead up and running. I will send you a private message in a bit explaining the work around.

When you have time please add your equipment to your profile like I have added mine..it helps if we can easily see at a glance what you are using.
Machine choice would be PR System One 60 Series Pro CPAP
Humidifier choice would be PR System One 60 Series heated tube humidifier with heated tube (even if you don't have the optional heated hose).

If you don't have the clinical manual you can request it here. Just be sure to request it as in PR System One 60 Series Pro CPAP.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

PartlyCloudy

Post by PartlyCloudy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks so much, Pugsy. I got SleepyHead installed and I'm looking at my info now. This is so much better than Sleepmapper. I'll add my specs to my profile shortly as well.

I lived in Springfield, Missouri for several years but had to move back to Florida last year. I miss Missouri so much.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:39 pm

PartlyCloudy wrote:I lived in Springfield, Missouri for several years but had to move back to Florida last year. I miss Missouri so much.
You wouldn't have missed it this winter.
I am about 40 minutes west of Springfield and it has been a brutal winter for here. Last night it got down to 26 I think it was.
I am sick of cold weather.
My husband hates it more than I do and every winter I hear his whining about moving some place warm and the other day (he was in southern California) and we had another cold spell and it was snowing...again...just 2 days ago...I called him up and said "okay...lets move"..
Of course we can't. I have to be near my mom who is 81 and failing a bit.

SleepMapper...it sucks. Essentially the same extremely limited data that you can get off the machine's crappy little LCD screen. Plus the damn thing wants to access the internet all the time even when I didn't want or need it to...and I don't like programs doing that...and then it didn't want to uninstall because it's my computer and nothing stays on my computer doing things I don't like.

SleepyHead will do and show you everything you might need to know except a large leak flag...Encore will do that.
Otherwise it's the same data presented visually differently.
Stay below 80 to 90 L/min leak and you won't have any large leaks anyway.

PartlyCloudy

Post by PartlyCloudy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh, I love cold weather. I was so mad my last winter there it didn't snow. My mom still lives up there so she sounds like you with the snow and cold. We'll be moving back soon as things work out. I've only been west of Springfield when we went to Joplin (before the tornado).

Yes, Sleepmapper was a disappointment to say the least, lol. I'm glad to have something useful. Best I can tell my leaks are in the twenties/thirties or below.

Now, if I could just get used to this.