Question about AirFit P10 for Her

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Luvdawgs

Question about AirFit P10 for Her

Post by Luvdawgs » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:35 am

I just started to use my new AirFit P10 for Her mask last night but could only wear it for a few hours. The headgear kept sliding off from the bottom plastic pieces that it fits over. Can anyone tell me how I can prevent this from happening? The headgear fits me well, so I am not sure why it is sliding. I slept on my back without moving too much. My A-pap goes from 4 to 6 on the pressure.

Somewhere on this forum I read about a "Velcro fix". Can anyone explain this to me, and would it work to keep the lower pieces attached to my soft headgear?

Pugsy

Re: Question about AirFit P10 for Her

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Are you talking about the bottom of the pink/gray headgear where it attaches to the little gray plastic thing?
Mine doesn't slip over anything there..it's glued to the little plastic thing or appears to be glued.
Or are you talking about where the gray plastic thing fits into the shell?

The velcro fix thing was for the back strap on the Swift FX to keep it from sliding up the back of the head.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Luvdawgs

Post by Luvdawgs » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm talking about where the gray plastic thing fits into the shell. The gray plastic thing keeps sliding out of the slit of the shell.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I can't even move mine out of the little slit at all. Won't budge. I was afraid to try to force it though.
I don't think that is normal and this is the first I have heard about this sort of problem.
Where did you get it? I think I would be saying defective and wanting a replacement.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Luvdawgs

Post by Luvdawgs » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:46 pm

You mean you can't get the gray plastic to budge out of the slit on the headgear (the soft material)? I bought a kit and separate headgear here from our hosts.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm

I can remove the soft material from the little gray plastic thing that says "ResMed" on one and "AirFitP10" on the other side.

I didn't know I could remove the cloth material part of the headgear till I just watched the video.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

I think we have 2 slits...one in the material and the one in the shell where the pillow attaches.

The material slit....I can remove the material and put it back on and it will stay in place.

With the kit I take it you have to slide the soft stretch part down over the stabilizer things that come out of the shell...Mine came all assembled.
Didn't know the soft material came off but it does and it was easy to put back on and it stays in place.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm

I think you aren't attaching the buttonhole. See 0:36 and 2:23:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgAeZay1aPk
You Kids Have Fun!!

Luvdawgs

Post by Luvdawgs » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for the help, everyone. I think you are right...I don't think I attached it to the buttonhole, so I will try that tonight when I use my mask. That should do the trick, according to the video.