Resmed Masks...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
eddie864

Resmed Masks...

Post by eddie864 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:50 am

I've been a CPAP user for about 10 years and it's been a marvel, so much so that I would not contemplate sleeping without it. I've been through a lot of masks - all from Resmed as in the UK the equipment is free but there is little choice. You can buy alternate products but, of course, they are very expensive.

I've moved from nasal masks to full face as I'm a mouth breather and have had Mirages, Quattro's, a weird mouth and nasal one the name of which escapes me and I've been using a Quattro Fx for about a year. The FX has been pretty good, I do struggle to get the mask to fit well without some leaks from either the bottom corners or through past my nose. I end up overtightening it which can cause pain on my teeth. I think sizing has been difficult as I have a medium but might have done better with a large although I'm not sure how much bigger the large is. I've also struggled with the head straps as they are far too long and end up wrapping the velcro right over the tops and around the sides. Over time the strap velcro is no longer staying stuck.

So I'm due to get a new mask and headgear and I'm torn about getting another Quattro FX but in large with a small headgear or the new Quattro Air. Does anyone have any experience of changing to the Air after the FX or general advice?

Thanks,

Bill44133

Re: Resmed Masks...

Post by Bill44133 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:15 pm

I think every ones preference is different. What works for 1 person doesn't for another.

Good Luck!

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

spanielman

Post by spanielman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Re:Air Mask , I went to them about 6 months ago from Quattro and love it. Do it, you won't regret it

scott784

Post by scott784 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:51 pm

As another poster stated, everyone has their preferences. However, I recently tried to Quattro Air; and I am getting ready to return it. I don't like the fact that it has posts (versus clips) to secure the mask in front. Also, in my particular case, this mask is even less effective than the Mirage Quattro FF in that I had a lot of leakage with it with my goatee. On a positive note, the Quattro Air is very light weight. And I suppose that is its biggest selling point for some people.

eddie864

Post by eddie864 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 am

When I moved from the Quattro to the Quattro FX I quite liked the fact that there was nothing pushing on my forehead but I note the new "Air" is more like the old Quattro with it's slim looking post. I'm not sure if this would be a backward step. The FX is the best mask I've used yet but it's getting it to fit lightly so that it's comfortable and the air pad does it's work.

neallo

Post by neallo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 am

scott784 wrote:As another poster stated, everyone has their preferences. However, I recently tried to Quattro Air; and I am getting ready to return it. I don't like the fact that it has posts (versus clips) to secure the mask in front. Also, in my particular case, this mask is even less effective than the Mirage Quattro FF in that I had a lot of leakage with it with my goatee. On a positive note, the Quattro Air is very light weight. And I suppose that is its biggest selling point for some people.

I have a trim And tight goatee and use the Quattro afoot, but I have been chasing leaks. The mirage Quattro works best with your goatee? I have two weeks left on my 30 day return policy, so I might need to talk to my dme about possibly changing masks, but I like the lightness of the Quattro air. Should I call them?