covering/tape for nose?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sir NoddinOff

Re: Duo-derm

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 pm

christinequilts wrote:You can get a medical adhesive remover to help get it off and take care of any residual sticky. It comes in little packets like alcohol wipes or in a bottle- the little packets are more expensive but are nice for travel.
I know this is an ancient thread but does anyone know the actual name of this adhesive remover mentioned above? I really need it bad.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Pugsy

Re: covering/tape for nose?

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Look in the colostomy adhesive removal stuff.
Uni Solve comes to mind...
Safe n Simple Stoma Wipes

Sir NoddinOff wrote:does anyone know the actual name of this adhesive remover mentioned above? I really need it bad.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

krstms

Post by krstms » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:35 pm

I am having the same trouble with the mask rubbing my nose. I am going to try a gel mask when it comes in but in the mean time the DME gave me a little clear jelly like thing that lays over your nose under the mask. I'm going to try it tonight. I used a regular band aid on my nose last night and it helped but I am actually allergic to the adhesive in them and will break out so I cant use them often.

BTW I saw that this thread is old but it is a relevant subject to newbies like me.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 am

Julie wrote:Yes, start a new thread - this one's 11 yrs old!
So? I wish more people would search before posting.

On the occasions I've had nose bridge irritation, I've used those little round sheer bandages for protection. Work well for me, but then I'm not allergic to the adhesive.
Ducky2, it sounds as though you may be having a reaction to the material of the seal or something on it. Have you tried washing it with mild detergent?

xyz

Post by xyz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:56 pm

I use Dr Scholl's Moleskin Plus Padding. Three pads per packet (4 5/8" x 3 3/8").

There are a number of different Dr Scholl's products with similar names, so look for this specific one.

I cut the pads into individual pieces. This is the only tricky part. Experiment and find what size fits your nose best. Currently I am using 1" W by 5/8" H.

This isn't hard. Just cut off one whole strip 5/8" H (or whatever works for you) across the pad and then cut the strip into 1" lengths.

It is thin enough to not cause a leak problem. Some other products I've used are too thick and raise the seal/cushion up too high.

It is a little too sticky. So when I peel off the backing, I stick the pad onto my pajamas several times to pick up lint and make it less sticky. I have never found it to be too un-sticky (if that's a term) because once the mask is on it holds the pad in place. It's better for your skin for it to be too un-sticky than too sticky.

Beware of knock-off products. CVS has a cheaper generic product called Moleskin Plus. After cutting the CVS pad into pieces of appropriate size, I have found it virtually impossible to get the backing off. I gave up on those in frustration and went to Dr Scholl's.

It needs no adhesive remover like someone said about Duo-Derm.

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:04 pm

you can also try a Pad a Cheek liner
works very well!

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Get a nose bridge protector from PadACheek. http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Nosebridge.html

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:37 pm

xyz wrote: Words highlighted in red done by StuUnderPressure.
I use Dr Scholl's Moleskin Plus Padding. Three pads per packet (4 5/8" x 3 3/8").

There are a number of different Dr Scholl's products with similar names, so look for this specific one.

I cut the pads into individual pieces. This is the only tricky part. Experiment and find what size fits your nose best. Currently I am using 1" W by 5/8" H.

This isn't hard. Just cut off one whole strip 5/8" H (or whatever works for you) across the pad and then cut the strip into 1" lengths.

It is thin enough to not cause a leak problem. Some other products I've used are too thick and raise the seal/cushion up too high.

It is a little too sticky. So when I peel off the backing, I stick the pad onto my pajamas several times to pick up lint and make it less sticky. I have never found it to be too un-sticky (if that's a term) because once the mask is on it holds the pad in place. It's better for your skin for it to be too un-sticky than too sticky.
Beware of knock-off products. CVS has a cheaper generic product called Moleskin Plus. After cutting the CVS pad into pieces of appropriate size, I have found it virtually impossible to get the backing off. I gave up on those in frustration and went to Dr Scholl's.

It needs no adhesive remover like someone said about Duo-Derm.
I also use Dr Scholl's Moleskin Plus Padding (when I need it).

It is a bit sticky when you 1st use it.
To lessen that stickiness, I stick it to the top of my bathroom counter a couple of times before I first use it.
I then re-use the same piece for several nights which lessens the stickiness each time I re-use it.

But, wearing the mask as loose as you can without having leaks is the best way to avoid those marks on your nose. That works for me most of the time. I use the moleskin only when I need it.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

Ducky2

Post by Ducky2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:33 am

thank you all for the very good comments....I was wondering if the pad a cheek full liner would fit the F&P Simplus mask? I've sent an email asking. I seem to be having trouble not only with the bridge of my nose now but also all around where the seal fits my face:(....wake up very red and it takes all day to fade. I think I must have some sort of allergy b/c I am not really over tightening the mask.
the past few nights I've been padding with gauze and using paper tape, that seems to work, however a pain to fit each night...

NJsharon

Post by NJsharon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:43 am

I was getting redness & soreness with my Quatro full face mask on the bridge of my nose. I tried the thin duoderm spots & still got redness.

My cpap technician (who is great) gave me one of these: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Gecko-Nasal-Pad.html

I have been using it since with no leakage & no redness!! Bonus is that it isn't too pricey & reusable!

Ducky2

Post by Ducky2 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Ducky2 wrote:thank you all for the very good comments....I was wondering if the pad a cheek full liner would fit the F&P Simplus mask? I've sent an email asking. I seem to be having trouble not only with the bridge of my nose now but also all around where the seal fits my face:(....wake up very red and it takes all day to fade. I think I must have some sort of allergy b/c I am not really over tightening the mask.
the past few nights I've been padding with gauze and using paper tape, that seems to work, however a pain to fit each night...
UPDATE: I bought the pad a cheek FF liner and got it a couple days ago, its not an exact fit for the Simplus but a few tucks and I made it fit...I was so tired of using gauze and tape on my nose and around my mouth.
It works just great, no more redness anywhere and the seal is even better than it was....rarely a hiss and I roll around lots even sleep on my side...so I am very pleased:)

http://padacheek.com/PAC_Maskliners.html