-

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mollete

Re: CPAP Banned for Females in New Law

Post by mollete » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 am

islandboy5150 wrote:
mollete wrote:
SleepyToo2 wrote:Maybe a truck driver can shed some sensible light on the process that must now take place.
Well, I am not a truck driver, but I think I can shed some "sensible light" on this.

The OP is an asshole.
Talk about uncalled for, geez. Ease up a little, how 'bout it? I think you owe the OP an apology.
Omigod!! You're right!

What was I thinking!?

O28, I'm sorry you're an asshole!

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:21 am

49er wrote:I am trying very hard not to say something inflammatory so I will say this. This post is totally out of line and has no place on this board.

49er
islandboy5150 wrote:You never quite really know even when you read the actual language of a bill, just what they are intending to do. Know this, though, they DO HAVE some back room closed door fix in for some damn reason, and they would much rather you didn't know anything about it in the first place. They always write these things to give themselves room to do a wide variety of things, but they WILL NEVER TELL THE STINKING TRUTH about any of it. The best you can do in this situation, in my opinion, is to scour medical forums for threads on this, find an article of video where a politician has been asked about it. That's the holy grail, but.....you have to read between the lines and turn everything they say around 180 degrees to get an idea of what the real truth is.
Also, you have to look at trends in politics. That means you have to dig constantly, and pay attention, and remember things because you have to put two and two together for yourself. They aren't going to. They want you to just take what lies they tell and shut up and sit down and just take it. Don't.
We in the USA have had a huge influx and influence by the Muslim brotherhood in government. You know Obama is pushing that, too. That, coupled with having to cut costs for obamacare leads to one good possible answer. That it's true females will be routinely denied CPAP therapy in obamacare. Muslim men treat women like worthless animals, like stray dogs. Women in Arab countries are good for nothing peices of crap only needed for having babies, and satisfying the males sexual desires. The younger, the better. Way better in fact. So, put those two together. What do you get? Hmmmm?

Of course, it doesn't fit a particular ideology, so IT MUST BE SUPPRESSED, right? First amendment only applies to certain people who lean toward a certain political ideology. My post is directly on topic, gives another point of view, and isn't abusive, derogatory, or libelous, therefore it does belong on this board as much as any other post. Seems some animals or more equal than others around here, eh?

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 am

islandboy5150 wrote:
49er wrote:I am trying very hard not to say something inflammatory so I will say this. This post is totally out of line and has no place on this board.

49er
islandboy5150 wrote:You never quite really know even when you read the actual language of a bill, just what they are intending to do. Know this, though, they DO HAVE some back room closed door fix in for some damn reason, and they would much rather you didn't know anything about it in the first place. They always write these things to give themselves room to do a wide variety of things, but they WILL NEVER TELL THE STINKING TRUTH about any of it. The best you can do in this situation, in my opinion, is to scour medical forums for threads on this, find an article of video where a politician has been asked about it. That's the holy grail, but.....you have to read between the lines and turn everything they say around 180 degrees to get an idea of what the real truth is.
Also, you have to look at trends in politics. That means you have to dig constantly, and pay attention, and remember things because you have to put two and two together for yourself. They aren't going to. They want you to just take what lies they tell and shut up and sit down and just take it. Don't.
We in the USA have had a huge influx and influence by the Muslim brotherhood in government. You know Obama is pushing that, too. That, coupled with having to cut costs for obamacare leads to one good possible answer. That it's true females will be routinely denied CPAP therapy in obamacare. Muslim men treat women like worthless animals, like stray dogs. Women in Arab countries are good for nothing peices of crap only needed for having babies, and satisfying the males sexual desires. The younger, the better. Way better in fact. So, put those two together. What do you get? Hmmmm?

Of course, it doesn't fit a particular ideology, so IT MUST BE SUPPRESSED, right? First amendment only applies to certain people who lean toward a certain political ideology. My post is directly on topic, gives another point of view, and isn't abusive, derogatory, or libelous, therefore it does belong on this board as much as any other post. Seems some animals or more equal than others around here, eh?
You're missing the point. If I made similar type comments about a Republican Administration and stereotyped a particular ethnic group, I would be called out on it and rightfully so.

49er

SleepyBobR

Post by SleepyBobR » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 am

Assholes and ideology aside, what possible acceptable and reasonable explanation could there be for a provision for potential gender restrictions on the use of, or funding of, CPAP therapy under any circumstances?
Very weird.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:30 am

In my long life I have seen many woman truck drivers.How does this apply or not apply to them.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

John from Brookston

Post by John from Brookston » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 am

CHOP-CHOP-CHOP-CHOP-CHOP...

Run! Run for your FREEDOM! the BLACK HELICOPTERS are upon us!

This sounds like something you'd hear on one a them shortwave radio programs sponsored by some outfit that sells water filters, freeze-dried food, and Krugerrands...

In other words, complete HOOEY.

Big fat guy who's diabetic, on HRT, and now a heart attack survivor as well as having OSA (boy, I sure won the genetic rodeo, din't I?). Ham Radio operator and I have a black tomcat named "Bart" who looks like an old prize fighter.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 am

SleepyBobR wrote:Assholes and ideology aside, what possible acceptable and reasonable explanation could there be for a provision for potential gender restrictions on the use of, or funding of, CPAP therapy under any circumstances?
Very weird.
How lovely! A sensible, on topic post! +100

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 am

SleepyToo2 wrote: Maybe a truck driver can shed some sensible light on the process that must now take place.
I normally avoid political discussions for obvious reasons...no one ever changes another person's mind about anything and it normally gets ugly and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
BUT
Wife of truck driver here.
So I asked him about this bill. He said.....It just puts some teeth in something that the DOT had already tried to implement but met with some legal issues so now they bring it back with different wording.
A while back they tried to force truck drivers who met certain physical requirements (BMI, neck size, weight, etc) to have a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea. For a while everyone had to do this but then it got stopped. Now this bill just gives the Dept of Transportation another shot at coming up with mandatory sleep studies for commercial vehicle drivers that meet whatever criteria they come up with. It remains to be seen if this will be challenged...probably depends on how they implement it.
Now some trucking companies already have implemented their own in house policies...that's within their rights. Drivers who don't like those in house rules of course can go find a company that hasn't yet come up with some sort of policy..but if this Bill stands...the government may enforce their own rules.

There's going to be more to this than the simple wording of this particular bill. Up for grabs is going to be criteria to determine who gets the lucky straw for meeting the requirements of being forced to have a sleep study AND who gets to pay for that sleep study.
Truckers don't want to pay for something that they feel they are "forced" to have since they "don't have any problems" and companies normally don't want to pay for it (though actually some companies will pay) and the government sure won't want to pay for it.

My own take on it..truckers don't like to be forced to do anything....I doubt many of us here do like to be forced to do anything.
I don't for one minute think that females in the trucking industry (or women in general) are going to get a pass on whatever criteria they come up with or have it deemed that they can't use cpap if needed. This sounds more like fear mongering introduced to try to scare people about this bill. Pick some tiny bit of wording and blow it up out of proportion in an effort to stir up people to make efforts to get the bill tossed out.

I am not going to get into the debate over whether should truck drivers be "forced" to do anything or not or who pays for it.
I fully understand the threat that untreated drivers (of any vehicles) may pose to the public. And believe me...so does my husband.
Just trying to explain the truckers' side of things. Biased as it is.

So that's it....my rare political response...I see the thread is already getting ugly just while I was composing this...lots of responses after I started that I now see when I click to submit. I almost changed my mind and didn't post it but damn it...it took a lot of thought to come up with this.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 am

49er wrote:
islandboy5150 wrote:

49er

You're missing the point. If I made similar type comments about a Republican Administration and stereotyped a particular ethnic group, I would be called out on it and rightfully so.

49er
First, it's not a stereotype of a particular ethnic group, it's a FACT. It's how they live, what THEY believe. And it's the truth about ole Barry, too. And his ilk. I can see being called out for lies, but the truth is the truth and should always stand, regardless of how people perceive it's "offensiveness". A lie should be called out, a double standard also should be called out, but to say someone's voice has no place because it's deemed "politically offensive" that's what needs to be called out.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:49 am

Optimistic28 wrote:The new law in Congress makes it illegal for females to use CPAP. I can't believe they would stoop so low. The reasoning (according to them) is that CPAP
is mostly a male problem and truckers are male. So ladies, stock up on CPAP now before this law passes! Don't forget masks and filters and accessories.
Good luck! The law is H.R. 3095, it has passed and was signed into law. It's a sleep apnea bill for truckers but there is a section that will effectively make CPAP
illegal for females. Seriously look up H.R. 3095, the sleep apnea bill.
Why, did the radical bloc in the GOP deem cpap a form of birth control or an abortifacient?

Honestly where does this insane stuff come from? Is the Heritage Foundation leaking these things to truckers?

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 am

Hyperlexis, how did you get to "Why, did the radical bloc in the GOP deem cpap a form of birth control or an abortifacient?"
Please expand/explain? Did I miss something? Honestly...did I?

PST

Post by PST » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 am

nanwilson wrote:
Optimistic28 wrote:Here is the section that alarmed me:

"Pursuant to the adopted amendment the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall direct restrictions of the use of CPAP therapy by female users unless explicitly authorized by the FDA or its jurisdiction related to clause 117 (c).
That does not say "illegal" or "banned" to use. You are reading words into it that are not there nor meant to be. It means they will pose some restrictions unless the FDA say its not to be done.
I believe the "quoted" words are simply made up. 333sps showed the citation to the full text of the law. It isn't there. There is no point debating whether it is as bad as it looks, or how it might be overcome, or why Congress might pass such a law. It didn't. We can all read. The thread is a discussion of a falsehood.

333sps

Post by 333sps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:05 am

"Pursuant to the adopted amendment the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall direct restrictions of the use of CPAP therapy by female users unless explicitly authorized by the FDA or its jurisdiction related to clause 117 (c).
Is this in ObamaCare?

PST

Post by PST » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 am

333sps wrote:

Is this in ObamaCare?
It isn't anywhere Google knows about except right here in this thread.

mollete

Post by mollete » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:42 am

PST wrote:The thread is a discussion of a falsehood.
Well, I kinda liked my assessment better, but I can work with that.