Software for ResMed S9 AutoSet

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WillSucceed

Software for ResMed S9 AutoSet

Post by WillSucceed » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am

Hi All... I've recently gotten my BBQ-stained fingers on a ResMed AutoSet and I would very much like to pull data from the SD card. Is anyone able to please send me a link to a site where I can download the ResScan software for data analysis? Thanks much for considering this request!
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Pugsy

Re: Software for ResMed S9 AutoSet

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 am

Check your PMs please.
Also check out the links in my signature. You can also use SleepyHead software with the S9.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks very much!
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Blarg!!!!

Can anyone enlighten me regarding ResScan... I've downloaded the software but seem unable to access the data on the SD card. Does ResScan do something tricky regarding access to the data? Require a proprietary card reader? Some other silly nonsense?

Or, am I just being too stupid to figure this out?

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Bobshouse

Post by Bobshouse » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:30 pm

When you install Rescan a window will popup and have 3 drivers that requires you to check and install the program. DO NOT check these boxes, just continue with the installation. If you installed it and checked the boxes, the only way you will get it to work is to format your harddrive...

Sleepyhead, IMHO, is a much better software anyway. I use it more often than the resmed.

hoseboh

Post by hoseboh » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm having the same issue with extracting data from the card. The card appears to both Windows and Mac to be unformatted and will not mount. Neither ResScan nor Sleepy Head see the card. There is data on the card as I can see the 365 day summary from the ResMed S9 display when the card is in.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi WillSucceed

Try SleepyHead it is really good, that is what I use and prefer over REsScan (I have an old version installed).

With SleepyHead you can read your cards without problem.

Rosie

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 am

Bobshouse wrote:When you install Rescan a window will popup and have 3 drivers that requires you to check and install the program. DO NOT check these boxes, just continue with the installation. If you installed it and checked the boxes, the only way you will get it to work is to format your harddrive...

Sleepyhead, IMHO, is a much better software anyway. I use it more often than the resmed.
This is misleading. I have installed multiple drivers during installation (including those for S8 card reader) and have no issues running the software and using download from SD card as my primary method.

The important thing during first download from SD card is to check the boxes for "All Summary Data AND all Detailed Data Sessions" and "Include High Rate Data Sessions."

And, of course, be sure that Sleep Quality on the S9 is turned ON.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

dishpan22

Post by dishpan22 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

I have been using the Sleepyhead software instead of the more complicated Resscan software. Both were listed somewhere on the forarm. They asked that we not repost the link so I won't. The Sleepyhead software reads the S9 card.

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I've downloaded the Sleepyhead software and find that it is brilliant. Thanks so much Pugsy... you're the best!!

Bobshouse

Post by Bobshouse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

RandyJ wrote:This is misleading. I have installed multiple drivers during installation (including those for S8 card reader) and have no issues running the software and using download from SD card as my primary method.

The important thing during first download from SD card is to check the boxes for "All Summary Data AND all Detailed Data Sessions" and "Include High Rate Data Sessions."

And, of course, be sure that Sleep Quality on the S9 is turned ON.
Just repeating what I read here: WARNING - INSTALLATION NOTICE: During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers. DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers! If you do, ResScan will not work properly.

Also, after installation, make sure you have the settings correct, as described in this post:

http://www.

Im not going to link to the forum that provided the download, as requested by the moderator. But, obviously, he/she posted that for a reason. Take it for what you will, accordingly it says that all future installations will fail if you installed those drivers....Im taking that a reformatted hard drive would be required.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Bobshouse wrote:Im taking that a reformatted hard drive would be required.
Not true. The addition of the unneeded driver software for the S8 smart card reader won't harm your hard drive at all. I have never heard of that happening.
Now installing the driver software for the S8 card reader may confuse ResScan so that it doesn't know to look for the S9 SD card but once ResScan is uninstalled that driver software also leaves and doesn't leave any residual problems with the computer's hard drive.
I have never heard of anyone having to format the hard drive because of accidentally installing the unneeded driver software.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Bobshouse

Post by Bobshouse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 am

Good to hear, I have my whole life on my computer, make backups regularly, but still...

Like I said, no personal experience, but I read it, certainly wasn't going to test it.....lol

Cuhulin

Post by Cuhulin » Sun May 04, 2014 12:58 am

Could I get a copy of that email as well. Started with S9 this week.

TIA!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 04, 2014 6:00 am

Cuhulin wrote:Could I get a copy of that email as well. Started with S9 this week.
No way to send you an email or private message because you aren't registered here on the forum.

You can use SleepyHead software though and links for downloading it and information on how to use it is in my signature line.