OT: Sharing our hobbies

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: OT: Sharing our hobbies

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 pm

As part of my knitting hobby I belong to a group in Edmonton that does "Yarn Bombing". In the past we have done things like decorate a fence out side a seniors home that specializes in Altzhiemers. This time we were invited to join a street festival.
I knitted the grass...
For more pictures
https://www.facebook.com/Knitmonton

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm a hooker. Here are some of my greatest hits.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:13 pm

And we won!!!
Our lamppost was voted the best! So $1000 proceeds go towards the Alzheimer's Society Alberta Chapter and the Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts!

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Jaylee wrote:I'm a hooker. Here are some of my greatest hits. ...
Well, I might be mistaken, but it appears that pink and white cover is being very happily enjoyed!!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:And we won!!! ... Our lamppost was voted the best!
Congratulations!!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Rose is my new hobby. well ok so she's second hand . This was two weeks ago on the Cherahala Skyway . 1st annual Octoberfest was celebrated in the Maggie Valley

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

deerslayer wrote:Rose is my new hobby. well ok so she's second hand . This was two weeks ago on the Cherahala Skyway . 1st annual Octoberfest was celebrated in the Maggie Valley
That is a gorgeous bike. I Have very little sense of balance so I stick to bicycles.
When I was 18 my cousins took me all over the North of Holland on the back of theirs -over cobble stone streets, a foot from the edge of canals, through the farms, across tiny plank bridges - It was years before I recovered my nerve to get on the back of one again.

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:35 pm

http://www.coolclimbing.com/images/rock ... a.jpgFirst a note for deerslayer. Please do not try and slay a deer with the motorcycle. This is what happened to me when I tried dancing with a deer on my motorcycle.

So now that my first hobby of breaking bones has been cleared here is the immediate aftermath of when my massive Central Apneas began.

I think the doctor had me pretty stoned by the time this pic was taken.

So as to hobbies? I am a bit obsessive compulsive so I try to do everything that has ever seemed like fun. Technical ice climbing has to be the most demanding of them all.

Rock climbing with pretty girls on 900 foot cliffs. Hard to find anything bad to say about that.

So what do you do on your rest days between ice climbs? Ride skinny sticks down slippery hills.

O.K. so you gotta stay in shape so what better way than riding your bicycle. When my parents gave me my first bike as a kid may as well been a crack pipe and a bag of $100 bills.

After a long breakaway of working together to squash the pack a deal was struck between me and this guy who worked hard to not try to outsprint each other for the finish line. We worked hard to keep the wolves of the peloton behind us thus we finished in a dead heat. I like playing with grown ups who put honor and dignity before victory. Plus it really screws up the awards ceremony.

Gotta ride the dirt. This was a long decent from 14,000 feet elevation to 9,000 feet in Huraz, Peru.

Opps, over the handlebars.

And yes, I did just crawl out from under a rock...

Just one of these in case it is offensive but my most participated in for longest period of time hobby.

Since this is getting really long I will finish it up with motorcycles for the moment. I enjoy building them as much as riding. All the following pics are of me on a bike I built ground up.

Opps, better not close this out without giving all the credit for a life well lived to my Lord and Savior. No matter what continent, country or area, we manage to get ourselves in church most Sundays.

If I have not bored y'all to death and want to see more there are a lot of different experiences in my life to share. God blessed me with the foresight to travel and play while I was young as tomorrow is never guaranteed. So we played hard, traveled far, gave God the glory for it and enjoyed the beautiful earth he has given us to occupy. What happened to the Garden of Eden? Why its all around us everyday if we look.

Mountaineering runs a very close second if not even tie for first in the hobby department. It is actually more of a lifestyle than hobby.

Rock climbing of course is the one that started it all and my original love. I passed up backstage tickets to Pink Floyd concert, dates with pretty girls, decent jobs and all sorts of stuff.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Somehow all the pictures got scrambled in their order but not worth fixing. Y'all are smart and can figure it out.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:56 pm

AWESOME PIC ALBUM BROTHER !!!!
High Five & Rock on........Life is all about Pain & the ear to ear Smiles you can't remove for a week from the sheer joy & feelings of knocking down that bucket list one notch at a time. GLASSES HIGH !....the freakin rockin chair can wait
agreed , my co pilot also is the Holy Trinity,Heavenly Host & my Savior Jesus the Christ who makes all things possible. I am His

thanks to Nick sleep HQ

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm

hueyville wrote:Somehow all the pictures got scrambled in their order but not worth fixing. Y'all are smart and can figure it out.
Gadzooks! You like to live life to its fullest, don't you?!! Call me impressed ... and you would be understating it!! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Wow...

Motorcycles to playing in nature. This inspires me almost enough to drag out my watercolors.

On second thought, John does much better with watercolors than I do so I will just grab my camera and "converse" with mother nature in my own way.

I get excited every time I visit this thread and today my excitement was at a high level. A big THANKS to all of you creative types for sharing.

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 am

Hosecrusher
Cameras and horses were my 1st love. Had my own darkroom at age 8. Photos are art and history combined. As to mention of bucket list. I posted up about 1/2 of mine may show more later. If we ever get this apnea under control going to mash the gas pedal again.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:38 pm

hueyville "If I have not bored y'all to death and want to see more there are a lot of different experiences in my life to share. God blessed me with the foresight to travel and play while I was young as tomorrow is never guaranteed. So we played hard, traveled far, gave God the glory for it and enjoyed the beautiful earth he has given us to occupy. What happened to the Garden of Eden? Why its all around us everyday if we look."
....................................................................................................

Thank You Kindly for sharing these Life Scenes !
They would make a wonderful presentation for any youth group,Scout Troop, high school, etc. to show possibilities one can obtain with effort & vision.
I am sure any one of us here would love to share a campfire with you ......check that, one would not get it
i don't get around these parts much anymore like i used to. So many on here have helped this poor soul more than they know *

Keep working on that apnea, it does get better just takes time.
tim

thanks to Nick sleep HQ

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:35 pm

hueyville wrote:Somehow all the pictures got scrambled in their order but not worth fixing. Y'all are smart and can figure it out.
The pictures are divine. I had wanted to learn climbing once upon a time, in fact the first time I moved west was just for that reason - to challenge my fear of heights - but I injured my knee cycling and though I could get up mountains, I couldn't go down. I still have problems with going down the stairs.
I am back in the west again but I can't get out at all right now except for walking the dog so I love seeing your photos.