Wisp nasal CPAP mask question.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
joshelmintz

Wisp nasal CPAP mask question.

Post by joshelmintz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:31 am

Good morning everyone,
I received a Wisp Nasal Mask to replace my Mirage Liberty Hybrid because I couldnt get a good seal with my new pressures of 20 over 16. This is my first attempt at a nasal mask. They tried one on me during my first titration and I couldnt tolerate it due to being a mouth breather. Well my DME provided me a chinstrap to go along with the mask and I'm happy to say I did quite well with it! However I do have a couple of questions for those of you who may have used this mask in the past. When I put the mask on before bedtime last night it was comfortable, however I found my nose a little sore this morning. Is there any way to remedy this situation? I was also wondering about the Wisp and acceptable leak rates? I grabbed last nights data from my card and I had a leak rate of 49 I believe it was. Now unlike my other masks that I have had in the past, I didnt get any manuals and Im curious to know if my leak rates are within the normal range.

Pugsy

Re: Wisp nasal CPAP mask question.

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:23 am

I still have the paperwork from when I tried the Wisp.
Can't help you with the soreness because I didn't have any soreness but I only lasted 90 minutes with it.

At 10 cm pressure the flow rate is roughly 29 L/min
at 15 cm....the flow rate is roughly 35 L/min
at 20 cm....the flow rate is roughly 41 L/min
at 25 cm....the flow rate is roughly 47 or 48 L/min.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

xdman911

Post by xdman911 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 am

oak wrote:I would try moving the triangular nose piece either up or down on your nose. it should rest just above the upper lip. I had this problem too. When I moved the strap in the back down a bit, the mask seemed to "ride up" on my nose. I had to get the back strap just right so it wouldnt do this. dont make the nose piece fit too tightly or the whole seal of the mask edges will be ineffective. let us know how it goes.
I was having the same problem and Oak's got the solution (for me atleast) also make sure you dont have the headgear too tight.

joshelmintz

Post by joshelmintz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help. I will try adjusting the triangular piece tonight and see if that helps. Thanks Pugsy, sounds like Im just about there with a good seal. Maybe adjusting the head gear will help with the pressure too! Quite excited I have to say because I am not as tired as I have been, didnt even have to take Nuvigil today!

oak

Post by oak » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:23 pm

josh, NateS has been using the Wisp quite a while now. He has had a number of posts about fitting the Wisp mask and I suggest you do a search for wisp with his name on them if you still have problems later this week. good luck to you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!