Had a stress test this morning....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cutnstuf

Re: Had a stress test this morning....

Post by Cutnstuf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Just popped my Ambien, filled up the humidifier reservoir, and ready to hit the sack shortly. Tomorrow's the big day. I appreciate all the words of support and encouragement.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Just a walk in the park... Good luck

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Cutnstuf is back. So, it turns out I had 2 blocked arteries, the 1 they worked on was 100% blocked, the other is about 70% blocked. They had to put in 2 stents due to the extent of the blockage. We're going to do the other one in a month or so down the road. I was discharged this morning around 10:00 and I gotta tell you, I haven't felt this good in a long time. Next step is to enter into cardiac rehab and diet management. Going to be a real learning experience.

oak

Post by oak » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 pm

cutnstuf, glad you didn't need a bypass at this point. cardiac rehab can be fun -I have been through it twice. Its helpful too, in that you develop a camaraderie with the other participants. that really helps you get through it. good luck!

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 pm

I am glad they were able to fix you up in a "minimally invasive" way.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Well, of course I'm not glad you needed it - and another - but - great news that you feel so much better so soon!! Congratulations!

Were you awake to watch the proceedings on the monitor or did they give you enough la-la juice you don't remember much, if anything?? I'm hoping if I have to go that far that I'll be able to watch - and remember - the goings on via the monitor!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Slinky wrote:Well, of course I'm not glad you needed it - and another - but - great news that you feel so much better so soon!! Congratulations!

Were you awake to watch the proceedings on the monitor or did they give you enough la-la juice you don't remember much, if anything?? I'm hoping if I have to go that far that I'll be able to watch - and remember - the goings on via the monitor!
No monitor, but eyes wide open during the procedure. They just gave me a minimal amount of giggle juice, just enough to take the edge off. Didn't feel anything except except for the novocain shot to the groin before they made a nick to get to the femoral artery. The doc did explain every step along the way which was cool. Going to have to cut back on the jelly donuts and cannolis, I guess. LOL!!

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:36 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:I am glad they were able to fix you up in a "minimally invasive" way.
Wasn't near as rough as I thought it would be. The worse damage was the black and blue marks from the repeated blood pressure cuffing and the intravenous hook-ups, not to mention the shaving for the EKG.

jweeks

Post by jweeks » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Cutnstuf wrote:Next step is to enter into cardiac rehab and diet management. Going to be a real learning experience.
Hi,

I was through something similar a few years ago. In my case, the issue was caught before there was any real damage. My first visit to the weight loss clinic was far more stressful for me than the cardiac clinic. The dietician told me I could eat anything I wanted, then she gave me a list of things that I would want. BBQ wasn't on that list, nor was anything that I really liked. The trick for me was to avoid trying to change everything on day one. I focused on lunch first, then a month later figured out better breakfast choices, then worked on the evening meal during month 3, and more of the lifestyle stuff around month 6 after I started to lose some of the weight.

Once you start seeing some success, your new habits can really start to gel. It is good to hear you say that you feel better today than you have in years. It is a lot easier to adopt new changes and develop new habits when you see it working.

-john-

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:05 pm

jweeks wrote:
Cutnstuf wrote:Next step is to enter into cardiac rehab and diet management. Going to be a real learning experience.
Hi,

I was through something similar a few years ago. In my case, the issue was caught before there was any real damage. My first visit to the weight loss clinic was far more stressful for me than the cardiac clinic. The dietician told me I could eat anything I wanted, then she gave me a list of things that I would want. BBQ wasn't on that list, nor was anything that I really liked. The trick for me was to avoid trying to change everything on day one. I focused on lunch first, then a month later figured out better breakfast choices, then worked on the evening meal during month 3, and more of the lifestyle stuff around month 6 after I started to lose some of the weight.

Once you start seeing some success, your new habits can really start to gel. It is good to hear you say that you feel better today than you have in years. It is a lot easier to adopt new changes and develop new habits when you see it working.

-john-
I think this a wise approach. Try to get it in one bite and choke, take little bites and change over a period of time. I like this thinking.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 pm

When like me, you've had to go back to the hospital a few months later to have another stent put inside the first stent (which they originally botched), then my friend you'll have some stories to tell. And a new perspective on the cardio unit. Glad to hear things went well, but take care while monitoring your progress and recovery. BTW, my case is considered a pretty rare occurrence. However, my biggest gripe after the procedure was having to pee into a bedpan... man, I hate doing that. Oh yeah, forgot to mention: it's great you got it early and didn't suffer a heart attack... that's a train wreck of brain, heart and nerve damage to be avoided at all costs.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:02 am

That's what the doc told me. Because of the extent of the blockage, a heart attack was inevitable and right down the road and around the bend. So I missed getting hit by a bigger bullet that I did! Slept good last night. Actually woke up feeling somewhat refreshed.

Cut

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 am

Hi CutnStuf: Your pic shows that you have a good sense of humor. Looks like you're getting some good advice. I also like your positive attitude. You're gonna do well.

Cutnstuf

Post by Cutnstuf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks Magster. That pic is me wearing 3-D glasses at the Rockerfeller Center Christmas Show a couple of years ago. My niece Jessica, who is my baby sister's only child who takes after me, took the pic. I usually see the funny in most things and have missed my call in life to be a stand-up comic...

ps: thanks for the kind words...

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:02 am

Cutnstuf wrote:No monitor, but eyes wide open during the procedure. They just gave me a minimal amount of giggle juice, just enough to take the edge off. Didn't feel anything except except for the novocain shot to the groin before they made a nick to get to the femoral artery. The doc did explain every step along the way which was cool. Going to have to cut back on the jelly donuts and cannolis, I guess. LOL!!
Bummer! No monitor. *sigh* Neat, though, that the doc explained every step along the way. I like when they do that. I'm almost looking forward to maybe needing this. (Yeah. Right!) I'm really glad things went so well for you. And it really does sound a more simple and 'comfortable" way to tackle a disappointing rehab necessity (*sigh* no more jelly donuts and cannolis *sob*) But, yeah, JWeeks is giving us good advice. *sigh*

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.