ResMed S8: "No Data"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bsil

ResMed S8: "No Data"

Post by bsil » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:17 pm

This is my 3rd week of using this apap machine. Just last week, a kind soul on this forum taught me how to access the "clinical menu". After 5 days of
collecting efficacy data, this morning my machine tells me: "No Data" in all the areas that I was gathering data. It did however seem to know that I used the machine, b/c it counted the hours in the usage section. All the connections seemed intact. I can't call my DME and ask b/c she instructed me not to access the clinical menu!
Has anyone ever experienced this before with their ResMed S8?

ufo13

Post by ufo13 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:39 pm

bsil:

You may have missed it or maybe I didn't mention it when I PM'd you but you must get the info before 12:00 Noon or the machine erases the data for the previous night and clears to record the data for the upcomming night! So the last time you accessed the clinical menu was it after 12 Noon?

hope this helps,

Steve,
ufo13

bsil

Post by bsil » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:50 pm

Thanks, actually it was around noon-ish. I must have missed it! Daughter had ortho appt. at 7:30am so missed my routine to check in A.M.
THanks so much,
Barb

woozle

Post by woozle » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi there! Could also be (as I have done this) that I pushed too many buttons on the left under results and if you push the button on the left it goes from dys, to wks, to months to yrs and I haven't been using it long enough to go to months yet so that said no data - good luck!

GoofyUT

No data

Post by GoofyUT » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:12 pm

I can tell you that, with my S8 Vantage AutoSet, the data DOES reset at noon, but if I try to query it in the afternoon, I get 0.0 values, not a "NO DATA" message.

Hope this helps.

Chuck
People are dying every day in Darfur simply for who they are!!! PLEASE HELP THEM!
http://www.savedarfur.org

MandoJohnny

Also check the clock

Post by MandoJohnny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Also remember that it resets when the S8 thinks it's Noon, not your actual Noon. My S8 came with the clock set incorrectly. There is a menu where you can set that.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 pm

this is a long shot, but you should ask your doctor if you can have the Clinical manual that came with the machine from the DME. If your doctor says give him the manual, they are obligated to do so.

you'll find out that those who are successful with this therapy take control over their own condition.

bassett

Post by bassett » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:11 pm

I usually get the "no data" message only for those timeframes I have not yet reached. For instance, my Weekly results did not begin appearing until I hit 7 days. In another example, I got "no data" under Monthly twenty days into my useage. Data began appearing at the one month point. I hope my explanation makes sense.