non-PAP-related clicking disturbing my sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wardmiller

Re: non-PAP-related clicking disturbing my sleep

Post by wardmiller » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am

SleepingUgly wrote:Posting this here is a long shot, but maybe someone will come up with an idea...

For a couple of months, I've been hearing a clicking sound in the vicinity of my nightstand. I can be about to doze off, and "click", and the whole process starts over.
Any ideas?
You seem to have eliminated all the obvious sources. I had a somewhat similar noise, only near the head of my bed. I thought it might be the bed creaking. Previously I had seen evidence of mice in the garage and called a reliable exterminator (there actually are some who know their business and won't rob you). He went into the attic and found more evidence of mice, so he put out very powerful poison in the attic. He came back in two weeks and found much of the poison had been eaten, so he replaced it. Two weeks later, it was untouched.

Results: No more evidence of mice. No more noise near my bed. (Obviously, there had been a mouse's nest in the wall, near my bed.)

Have you tried ear plugs?

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 am

SU, I once had a piece of furniture that I had brought with me from overseas. At night, once everything was quiet, it would make a clicking noise. Eventually I discovered that I had also brought termites with me. It was their chewing that I heard. Just mentioned that because you said you had a big wood bed.

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:58 pm

OutaSync wrote:SU, I once had a piece of furniture that I had brought with me from overseas. At night, once everything was quiet, it would make a clicking noise. Eventually I discovered that I had also brought termites with me. It was their chewing that I heard. Just mentioned that because you said you had a big wood bed.
YIKES! Those must have been bionic termites!

Todzo

Post by Todzo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 pm

I did have noisy neighbors - solution - ear plugs. To wake up get a lamp and a timer for the power to the lamp. A flashing lamp is best.

I would record the sound at differant places in the room/house. Find location closer to source.

Some sounds never die...
May any shills trolls sockpuppets or astroturfers at cpaptalk.com be like chaff before the wind!