Face (?) Sleeper

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bassett

Face (?) Sleeper

Post by bassett » Mon May 22, 2006 4:29 pm

I've been reading lots of posts by side and stomach sleepers for this reason: I currently wear the Mirage Swift Nasal Pillow mask. I'm having some problems, however, because I often push my face into my bed pillow (while sleeping and without knowing it) when I roll to my stomach. The frame (gizmo below the nose that holds the nasal pillows) is then bumped/moved/shifted to the side and creates a leak. Does anyone wearing with the Everest Aura mask and/or Comfort Lite 2 believe this could be improved with one of those masks? How susceptible are these masks to shifing during night movements onto/off your stomach?

idahogal

Post by idahogal » Tue May 23, 2006 8:30 am

I use the Aura and fall asleep on my stomach with my face in the pillow. I have no problems with the aura at all. The mask seems to stay in place really well. This may be due to the rubberband trick recommended by restedgal. You can do a search and find her recommendations for altering the Aura for a better fit. I hope this helps

sleepylady

Post by sleepylady » Tue May 23, 2006 11:31 am

I agree with Susan. I'm also a stomache and back sleeper (mostly stomache) and found the Aura is absolutely perfect for me. I also had the Swift for awhile and woke up once because I had covered the exhaust port...not a good thing.

Melinda

Post by Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 pm

For me, the Aura was just too noisy. The CL2 with pillows works great using the pantyhose trick (wrap a pantyhose leg piece around the pillows and tie behind the neck)