CMS-50F Pulse Ox strap question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DrowsyDan

CMS-50F Pulse Ox strap question

Post by DrowsyDan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Just got this, I sure would like to use it tonight, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the bloody STRAP is supposed to work! In the only configuration that seems even remotely correct, the tightest setting would fit my LEG, not my WRIST! And I'm not that small, 6' ~170 lbs.

How aggravating!

If any owners of this have any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.

DD
REMstar Auto A-Flex

jules

Re: CMS-50F Pulse Ox strap question

Post by jules » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:33 pm

improvise

I cut mine and have it taped together - the metal ring that came with it is LONG GONE

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I ran into the same thing Dan. Go to the pulseoxstore. Kevin has instructions on his site.

jules

Post by jules » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:38 pm

DrowsyDan

Post by DrowsyDan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks for the quick, helpful responses. I took the strap off a cheap digital watch and got it to work.

Honestly, how things like this make it all the way through design, manufacturing and on to the market with NO ONE figuring out their shite really astounds me.

DD
REMstar Auto A-Flex

DrowsyDan

Post by DrowsyDan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh if anyone has any other tips for a 1st time user of this device, please pass them on!

DD
REMstar Auto A-Flex

jules

Post by jules » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 pm

DrowsyDan wrote:
Honestly, how things like this make it all the way through design, manufacturing and on to the market with NO ONE figuring out their shite really astounds me.

DD
doesn't surprise me - there was a lot of these things that had bands put together backwards - I ended up with one of them - if this hadn't worked I was considering sewing an elastic band into a loop through the slots - might still do that.

I get better readings on my thumb than my fingers and use a piece of paper tape to hold the wire in place. I found it more comfortable on my thumb too as I can open and close my hand that way.

The dial will go dark so you don't need to have it viewable except if you want to check during the night when you wake up.

I get a lot of disconnects from movement.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:24 pm

That works. I thought of doing the same thing until I figured out the strap. It does work.

Hey, please go to the USER CONTROL PANEL and select your equipment in TEXT, so it displays in your signature when you post.

Set the clock the same as your machine. On mine I notice it gets off by about a minute every 2 weeks.

Don't bother with the alarm until you get used to wearing it all night. It will just wake you up every time it slips loose and can't get a reading. Those times will show up as grey in the graph line. You usually have to look at it in the 10 minute window to see them.

Tag the cable that came with it. Not all USB cables work with all oximeters.

Let us know how it goes.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 pm

I use my CMS50E on my thumb too.
The viewing angle is better, and my fingers are more sensitive than my thumb.

eldadwasserman

Post by eldadwasserman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:01 am

Hi All,

A new Biofeedback stress management cloud based services for customers that already have CMS-50D+ or CMS-50E devices.

The most advanced technology for stress management, anti anxiety treatments and more is available now.

You already get the sensor, use it to improve your life.

Just contact eldad@BiofeedbackAnalytics for getting more details.

Eldad Wasserman

eldadwasserman

Post by eldadwasserman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 am

Hi All,

A new Biofeedback stress management cloud based services for customers that already have CMS devices.

The most advanced technology for stress management, anti anxiety treatments and more is available now.

You already get the sensor, use it to improve your life.

Just contact eldad@BiofeedbackAnalytics for getting more details.

Eldad Wasserman

Bright Choice

Post by Bright Choice » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 pm

The wrist band is terrible. There are some directions posted on cpaptalk that are even more complicated.
I have two solutions:
1. take a pair of scissors and cut all of the extra flaps off. The band will squeeze through the bars on the oximeter, just be gentle.
2. Buy a cheap wrist watch band at Walmart.

Good luck!

AA

Post by AA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Just a little tip on wristband if you are having trouble getting it attached to the oximeter: If you use a small piece of tape (I used packing tape) to cover the flap of fabric, the band will slip through the ring easily. Otherwise, it can be quite difficult. CPap Supplies also has installation directions on their website w/ a few photos.

hopingitworks

Post by hopingitworks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:13 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I use my CMS50E on my thumb too.
The viewing angle is better, and my fingers are more sensitive than my thumb.
I have the cms 50d +. Maybe the two PO's are different but while sitting at the computer tonight I thought I would try mine on my thumb as well (if I wear it overnight my index finger gets a little sore). It works fine on the thumb but the SpO2 readings are different than on my index finger. On my finger it runs between 98 and 99. On the thumb it stays at 96. Anyone know why there is a discrepancy between the two or is it normal to have a lesser SpO2 on the thumb?

Just thought I would ask.

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

I guess the Chinese who make it figure we Americans are REALLY fat - enormous - I've ordered one but have yet to get it