Left in the lurch!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gillian

Left in the lurch!!

Post by Gillian » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 pm

What happened? I posted some questions about very worrying numbers, received a couple of responses with some questions in them. So I answered the new questions and then nothing??? Is that lack of interest? Not part of the inner circle? It is quite upsetting. Just consider how you would feel in my place. ( see Centrals on the rise again for other post if you are interested)

A very disappointed Aussie

Gillian

xenablue

Re: Left in the lurch!!

Post by xenablue » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Gillian, I only see posts from you around mid-November and it seems everyone addressed your questions, so I'm not sure where else you posted as that thread and this one are the only ones I see for you.

People here are generally extremely helpful and supportive, so I'm not sure what happened. Also remember that we are 14-17 hours behind you so you may not get responses right away if it's the middle of the night for us.

There is no 'inner circle', just sleep-deprived people trying to get by, helping others here when they can.

If you would post a link to your latest thread so someone can address your problems, I'm sure you'll receive a lot of help.

Edited for correction - actually I did just find your last thread from a couple of days ago. Sometimes posts get lost in the sea of all the other posts - my advice to you is to go back to that thread you started the other day and post a new request for someone to help you - this will bump the thread to the top.

Cheers,
xena

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

ummm - why not just ask your question(s) again - sometimes depending on the people and the level of posting going on, a post can move to the bottom and then off the page pretty rapidly

of course the fact that we all hate australians might have something to do with it - it's the kangaroo thing

also, you can understand that since cpap was discovered in australia, cpap users would hold a bit of a grudge against all australians

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

You mean here?
viewtopic/t84982/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84 ... 39#p771339
There are lots of answers there.

If you can't find a thread, go to the upper left hand side and click on "view your posts" The click on the post of the thread you want. Dec 11th was a log time ago and threads fall off the front page.

Last edited by BlackSpinner on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Todzo

Post by Todzo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Gillian wrote:What happened? I posted some questions about very worrying numbers, received a couple of responses with some questions in them. So I answered the new questions and then nothing??? Is that lack of interest? Not part of the inner circle? It is quite upsetting. Just consider how you would feel in my place. ( see Centrals on the rise again for other post if you are interested)

A very disappointed Aussie

Gillian
Hi Gillian!

If I forget to SPECIFICALLY check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box I will never recieve a reply. I have written the admin but no response so perhaps that is the way they do things here.

That may be part of why you see what you see or may be why others never get back to you. They do not know of the reply.

Have a great week!

Todzo
May any shills trolls sockpuppets or astroturfers at cpaptalk.com be like chaff before the wind!

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm

johnthomasmacdonald wrote:ummm - why not just ask your question(s) again - sometimes depending on the people and the level of posting going on, a post can move to the bottom and then off the page pretty rapidly

of course the fact that we all hate australians might have something to do with it - it's the kangaroo thing

also, you can understand that since cpap was discovered in australia, cpap users would hold a bit of a grudge against all australians

Now be nice! Some of we Aussies live here in the U.S. and we all get on just fine with Americans, so I think 'we all' should be just you

Cheers,
xena

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm

xenablue wrote: "Now be nice! Some of we Aussies live here in the U.S. and we all get on just fine with Americans, so I think 'we all' should be just you

Cheers,
xena "

I thought it would be obvious that i was only kidding - i've never met any american that had a problem with australians

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

When the board is very busy, posts may "fall off" the first page that everyone looks at. Most people never go beyond the first page to look for unaswered posts. If you see your question heading toward the bottom of the first page or ending up on the next page, just post a reply that says "bump" and it will go to the top of the first page again. Everyone understands what "bump" means.

Because you're in a distant time zone from the Yanks, we may miss your posts because they fall off the first page before we even wake up to see them (especially me on the West Coast, 3 hours behind East Coast posters who may fill up the board before I even wake up).
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

It took me a couple of weeks to figure out what "bump" meant! Slow frog!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Sometimes posts just slip thru the cracks. Sometimes the responses don't make the OP happy. Sometimes nobody understands what the OP is trying to say. Sometimes there's not enough data to draw any conclusions. Sometimes there's just too many newbies all at once. Anyway, there's dozens of reasons why some posts don't last long. Not a happy situation, but a fact, none the less.

I, for one, go out of my way to look for people's posts that are disappearing without any significant response---it's easy to do, just scroll down the first page and see who's not getting enough replies near the bottom. Even if it's over my head I'll reply with encouragement or whatever merely to give the OP a BUMP up the ladder. I urge others to do the same. Hey, we're just human beings trying to do the best we can, plus if you need to, you can always post again.

Big tip: Try to put your problem(s) very briefly the topic line, that way the experts will focus in on you

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Yea, John's post was, well.. John's post.

Gillian, I think you got responses, but beyond the.... nevermind, I am going to post in your other thread, because there already 2 threads that have to be looked at to really get your situation and adding a 3rd won't help. I'll just say that your situation is complicated and the often applied easy answers, don't apply.

Gillian

Post by Gillian » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:31 am

Hi all those who responded. Thanks for the explanation of what a 'bump' is. I had no idea. But in any case I could not have bumped my own post, way to forward for me.....

Just one point, I wasn't expecting heaps of responses, just needed answers to questions but I do understand how things can just get left behind.

It gets to be a lonely old world when theres no-one to hear you.

Have a good nights sleep.

Gillian

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 am

I think bumping one's own post with either "Bump" or a further question or clarification is less forward than accusing the board of having an inner circle and intentionally ignoring you.

I have found nothing but help for my posted questions/issues, and I've been here a very short time, so no time to find the inner circle, let alone belong to it. I am very grateful for the posters here.

Gillian wrote:Hi all those who responded. Thanks for the explanation of what a 'bump' is. I had no idea. But in any case I could not have bumped my own post, way to forward for me.....

Just one point, I wasn't expecting heaps of responses, just needed answers to questions but I do understand how things can just get left behind.

It gets to be a lonely old world when theres no-one to hear you.

Have a good nights sleep.

Gillian

Gillian

Post by Gillian » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Well Ughwhatname,
You are very quick to read too much into words, one of the problems with these blogs where not everyone is good at expressing themselves....so you have a good day and I hope nothing goes wrong for you!
Gillian

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't know another way to interpret, "Is that lack of interest? Not part of the inner circle? It is quite upsetting. Just consider how you would feel in my place."

Based on your statement that it is upsetting, I presume you considered the idea that there may be an "inner circle" to which you are not a part to be what is upsetting.

I must have misread your words. I hope nothing goes wrong for you, too.

Ugh

Gillian wrote:Well Ughwhatname,
You are very quick to read too much into words, one of the problems with these blogs where not everyone is good at expressing themselves....so you have a good day and I hope nothing goes wrong for you!
Gillian